Thai Floods To Last Four To Six Weeks More: Govt

webfact

Maybe someone needs to start a moderated thread about what to do whenthe floods come and leave the blame game on this thread !

If I am reading the PMs warning 4-6 weeks of being wet is a GIANT disaster , all the houses with a meter of water will need to be emptied, sanitized from the nasty polluted water and electrical wiring / boxes checked so they will short out.

The water system will need to be sanitized ,

There is not enough material in all of Thailand to do this,

So is there any solution for the near future other than blaming governments , past and present ?

We need a thread on positive things to do , website links on dealing with floods, polluted water etc.

Lets work together to help, not fight on who is to blame , the water is already here !

BK

+1

Most first floors will need to be torn out, back to beams and wires, because MOLD absolutely ADORES the conditions it would find there.

Mold is a killer,

I mean really nasty toxic, deadly killer, and a month soaking drywall and wood, will give black mold and others, a total field day in perfect conditions.

This will not end up being an optional thing, but a wide spread mandatory thing. File under Pestilence.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW 4 to 6 weeks.....

Since Bangkok is basically at the mouth of the river I do not see how it can handle this for 4-6 weeks,

My flight is in 16 days , I might need to rethink this ,

Or come over and help my friends move everything up 2 meters just for safety !

BK

I am due the 8th and may also cancel

If you are talking about a flight into Bangkok, cancel it. If it is a flight out, bring it forward.

[

Sischon,

I know you have been here a while as I have. I know that you are most likely aware of the flooding in the south in Nov. 2010. Hence, you should also know of the slow reaction time of your fav political party wasn't even on par with the scale of this disaster sir! Ergo, this MASSIVE flood appears to be a drop or fraction of the time spent (but OH NO... not the money!!!) by your fav party at it's own power base - the south sir!

OK, you and I both accept that this flood is far worse than the one down South - but PM Abhisit not once but TWICE paid a visit to Khanom (30 km away from Sichon) to calm and console the people there (this was gratefully appreciated by the people, by the way). He didn't seek TV exposure time and was composed in public which provides more reassurance than when Yingluck threw the towel in saying quite pitifully "I've done all I can and there's nothing else I can do" in the rather distressed state of a born loser that was out-of-place !!!!:unsure:.

The Democrat government handled the situation far more capably and in doing so managed to minimise the repercussions of the floodwater which succeeded in keeping the damage and loss of life down with their swift and decisive actions.

Admittedly, this is on a different scale, but the shambles that ensued in what was a Mickey Mouse performance by those novices giving conflicting information, warnings that were false alarms, not giving warnings that should have been given, not doing this, doing that when 9 times out of 10 it should have been the other way around, doing things at the wrong time or too late - just where was the co-ordination and decision making????

What really is alarming is the petty power broking that was going on whilst people were drowning and seeing their houses disappear under the water. It is absolutely apalling witnessing the contempt of her cabinet members and red-shirted MP's who refused to listen to or take any notice of what Yingluck was saying. I can partially understand this because "bad advice" is often worse than "no advice at all" - in Yingluck's case it was an unfavourable combination of the two.

Lastly, interesting to see that the Democrat governor has issued evacuation notices to abandon 27 districts of Bangkok - if it had been left to this government then that would probably have been given 'well after the event whereby they would be swimming out of their houses rather than walking out with their precious possessions'!!!!!:jap:.

You actually understood what he meant? Amazing! I was going to reply "<deleted>?" but thought I'd read on a bit.

Let's see. A human being can last for three days with no water, and can last for three weeks with no food. So if this 4 to 6 weeks number is true, I sure as hell hope they have an intelligent plan to get water and food to all the stranded people.....

i doubt 1 meter of water is going to stop anyone getting to 7/11

But will there be any food or water in the 7-Eleven? That's the real concern.

If 1 meter is correct, that wouldn't be enough to effect all of BKK.

Sure, some communities will be heavily effected. But it won't be much different than getting supplies to the people in other provinces who have been flooded for a few a few months.

Well population density in Bkk is probably about 2000 per sw km ... while outside of Bkk it's maybe 200 per sq km.

Getting supplies to people in Bkk will be monumental task and unfortunately for those out there in the boonies ... Bkk is probably going to absorb most of the relief effort.

They should have postponed opening the flood gates as long as possible and tried to take care of those already suffering instead of adding another 10 million to the numbers needing help.

I'm sure this is shared somewhere, I got it through work email and so I am sharing it:

Thailand: Authorities prepare evacuation plans as floodwaters move downstream towards Bangkok

The level of the Chao Phraya river, which runs south from Nakhon Sawan province, through the capital Bangkok , and into the Gulf of Thailand , continued to rise on 10 October. The river's water level is expected to peak in Nakhon Sawan on 11-12 October and in the central provinces on 13-16 October, before reaching the capital Bangkok between 16 and 18 October. Areas along the banks of the river will consequently be inundated.

Bangkok

Some minor flooding was reported on 8-9 October in several areas in the north and east of Bangkok, including the Ratchayothin, Lat Phrao and Kaset intersections, and Vibhavadi Rangsit, Ram Intra, Ratchadaphisek, Chaeng Watthana, Lat Phrao Soi 22 and Ngam Wong Wan roads. Access routes to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) were not affected.

The authorities have prepared evacuation plans for the following 13 districts: Bang Sue, Dusit, Phra Nakhon, Samphan Thawong, Bang Kholaem, Yannawa, Khlong Toei, Bang Phlat, Bangkok Noi, Thon Buri, Khlong San, Rat Burana and Watthana. Military bases are being used as evacuation centres and the government has set up an emergency flood relief centre at Don Mueang Airport (DMK).

The areas expected to be worst affected in the coming days are the eastern districts of Nong Chok, Khlong Sam Wa, Lat Krabang and Min Buri. Additionally, the following roads are most at risk of flooding over the next week:

Chan Road-St Louise-Sathu Pradit (Sathon district)

Prahon Yothin Road (central Phaya Thai district)

Sukhumvit Soi 105 (Bang Na district)

Sukhumvit Soi 39 and 49 (Watthana district)

Lat Phrao Road (Wang Thonglang district)

Navamin Road (Bung Kum district)

Ratchadaphisek Road (Din Daeng district)

Lat Phrao intersection on Ratchadaphisek Road (Chatuchak district)

Ratchathewi intersection on Phetchaburi Road (Ratchathewi district)

Nikhom Makkasan Road (Ratchathewi district)

Phetchakasem Soi 63 (Bang Kae district)

Yen Akat Road (Yannawa district)

Srinakarintara Road (Prawet district)

Sanam Chai-Maha Rat Road (Phra Nakhon district)

Elsewhere

Thirty of the country's 76 provinces are affected by flooding. They are: Sukhothai, Phichit, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Nakhon Pathom, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Kaen, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Chachoengsao, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Chiang Mai, Roi-et, Lampang, Loei, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Kamphaeng Phet and Tak.

Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Ayutthaya , Chai Nat, Sing Buri, Angthong, Lop Buri, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi and Chacheongsao have been particularly impacted and preparations for emergency evacuations are under way there. The Chao Phraya river overflowed its banks on 9 October in Nonthaburi, causing some flooding in Pak Kret, Bang Bua Thong and Sai Noi districts.

The worst-affected province remains Ayutthaya . Heavy rainfall in recent days has caused significant flooding in the provincial capital Ayutthaya , including the inundation of Rojana Industrial Park in Uthai district, which has forced the closure of the nearly 200 factories located there. Route 32, which links Ayutthaya with neighbouring provinces and Bangkok , is closed to all but military vehicles. Across the country, 60 highways and 154 rural roads are inundated. Road and rail links between Bangkok and the northern provinces are particularly affected, including the Asian Highway .

Comment and Analysis

The flood situation will remain critical in several areas in the coming days, with a possibility of significant inundation in the capital when floodwaters moving downstream towards Bangkok coincide with high tides in mid-October. Although the authorities have employed preventative measures in the capital, including additional water pumps and sand bags as well as the dredging of canals to allow for greater capacity, the high volume of water in Chao Phraya combined with continuing rainfall means that some flooding is inevitable, particularly in districts located along the river's banks. Precedent has shown that flooding in Bangkok can bring the city's already gridlocked traffic to a standstill, and can lead to the breakdown of traffic lights and a subsequent rise in road accidents. Floodwaters can also often take considerable time to drain from certain sections of roads. BTS Skytrain stations are unlikely to be affected as station entrances are elevated above ground and equipped with built-in floodgates.

The Thai Meteorological Department has forecast thunderstorms and heavy rain across the country over the coming week, which will continue to exacerbate the situation in the worst flood-affected areas and hamper relief efforts. Overland travel will remain subject to delays until conditions improve; roads in urban and rural areas may be blocked by floodwaters or debris, necessitating lengthy detours. Intermittent disruption to rail and bus services should also be anticipated due to landslides and the inundation of tracks and roads. Disruption to air travel in affected areas is also possible during periods of severe weather, particularly if heavy rainfall submerges airport runways, while passengers can be trapped at regional airports if floodwaters inundate roads between airports and their adjacent cities. Travellers will continue to experience travel difficulties for the duration of the rainy season, which typically runs from late May until November. Even after the precipitation subsides, the severity of the inundation means that floodwaters may take some time to recede, particularly in more rural areas, and clean-up operations could take months.

Travel Advice

Travel to Thailand , including Bangkok , can proceed.

Be aware that conditions are subject to rapid change; travellers should monitor developments closely and be prepared to be flexible in their travel arrangements.

Those travelling to Bangkok , and elsewhere in Thailand , in the coming days should seek an update on the situation before setting out.

Caution should be taken in the 13 districts in Bangkok that have been identified as at risk of flooding: Bang Sue, Dusit, Phra Nakhon, Samphan Thawong, Bang Kholaem, Yannawa, Khlong Toei, Bang Phlat, Bangkok Noi, Thon Buri, Khlong San, Rat Burana and Watthana.

Comply with any instructions from the government and local authorities.

Flash floods and landslides are possible after heavy rainfall, which may limit movement along certain routes without notice.

Road conditions are variable and driving standards are poor even when weather conditions are favourable; do not self-drive unless very familiar with local conditions. Taxis are a suitable means of transport for business travellers.

Motorists should consult the local authorities regarding the feasibility of journeys and ensure that their vehicle is in good condition and appropriately equipped for the weather conditions.

Personnel travelling to and from airports in flood-affected provinces are advised to contact the relevant airline to reconfirm flight

schedules before setting out.

Personnel are advised to monitor the local media to remain apprised of up-to-date weather information and plan itineraries accordingly.

Edited by SunDaRi

Where is the love ??

I just spoke to a friend who is living in Don Muang who is being asked for 9,000 baht to evacuate family members from the floods ................ so much for helping each other - where has it all gone wrong ?

<deleted> is this from the officials sent by the government?

I just flew in today from England. But for some sandbags outside Paragon, you would not have a clue there was a problem here. But on the 13th it took me over 8 hours to get to here from Korat by bus (5 hours more than normal!) so I am dreading the journey back. I actually stayed in a hotel today because I couldn' face being couped up after 30 hours of driving and flying from the UK.

I'll get the bus in a few hours and hope to sleep through the worst of it.

Amazing Thailand.

WOW 4 to 6 weeks.....

Since Bangkok is basically at the mouth of the river I do not see how it can handle this for 4-6 weeks,

My flight is in 16 days , I might need to rethink this ,

Or come over and help my friends move everything up 2 meters just for safety !

BK

You can still have a fine holiday in Thailand, but not in Bangkok.

But surely the country could use ANYBODY coming to the far north or south and staying, and spending money, and helping give the Thai people hope.

I came a month or so after the tsunami, figuring it wasn't all of Thailand, and my money could help the economy.

I'll be here in a week come 'hell or high water' and plan to drop Bt.400K into the economy. I had a room reserved in BKK but will probably head south straight from the airport if I can get a taxi to take me. I expect to pay a premium for that, also. I sure don't want to compete for scarce resources in the City.

Is the 4-6 weeks estimate the estimate for when things will be more or less OK again, or how long 1m waters will last?

It's just that I'll be in Bangkok in just under 6 weeks time.

Given the claims of how much water can be pushed out to sea per day (0.5 billion cubic metres) and how much is supposed to be left (12 billion cubic metres), estimates of between 28 and 42 days seem odd.

Maybe after being criticised for an optimism that would have embarressed "Comical Ali", the old Iraqi PR guy, they've gone to the other extreme. We can only hope.

From what I understand is Bangkok from tv is like a bowl, meaning rangsit and zeer is on the highland, this means the, one metre is meant for central bangkok.. But I'm sure they'll be blocking it.

Not really a bowl. Check this out>>>> http://flood.firetree.net/

It looks like a bowl to me:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4783970

You can also see that it's an almost smooth downwards slope from Sukhothai, through Bangkok, to the sea. :unsure:

Elevation map: http://www.globalwar...g=101.25&zoom=7

Flood map: http://flood.longdo.com/en

Nice maps, HyperD. Thanks.

I get really fed up with all these Thaivisa pundits blaming Yingluck, as if Abhisit could have done any better. In a situation like this a government, any government, has to rely on its scientific advisers, and Thailand lacks true scientists at the level needed to influence governments. I am sure there are young meteorologists, hydrologists, geologists, who can see how to deal with these problems but they are too low as yet in the Puyai pecking order to have any influence.

I get really fed up with all these Thaivisa pundits blaming Yingluck, as if Abhisit could have done any better. In a situation like this a government, any government, has to rely on its scientific advisers, and Thailand lacks true scientists at the level needed to influence governments. I am sure there are young meteorologists, hydrologists, geologists, who can see how to deal with these problems but they are too low as yet in the Puyai pecking order to have any influence.

Actually, I'm quite confident that Abhisit could have done better.

The information that needs to come out isn't about science. It's about what's happening and where it's happening. And when that information comes from this government, it's confusing, incomplete or retracted.

There are younger ones trained up, but the older folk tend not to listen, because they aren't old enough to be respected. Thailand is actually pretty decent in Science lately, but the old kow tow ways prevent innovation to some extent.

I assume you're referring to something other than 'due to give birth' .....not an easy thing to cancel B)

........If you have an answer I WILL HIRE YOU AS YOUR AGENT AND JOB YOU OUT TO THIS GOVERNMENT (high dayrate btw....).

Truth is, this gov't doesn't want outside advice, no matter how qualified it may be. Even free advice is not listened to. Thai gov''t will do it THEIR way, ......with phone calls from Thaksin sparking impetus. Remember the motto of the current government: "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts"

I agree. It is well to remember that this flood is a fifty-year weather event in Thailand. Few countries can afford to build sufficiently against fifty year events. The US had an eighty year flood from the MIssissippi this in May of this year. Management systems routinely (and catastrophically) fail under such conditions.

I assume you're referring to something other than 'due to give birth' .....not an easy thing to cancel B)

........If you have an answer I WILL HIRE YOU AS YOUR AGENT AND JOB YOU OUT TO THIS GOVERNMENT (high dayrate btw....).

Truth is, this gov't doesn't want outside advice, no matter how qualified it may be. Even free advice is not listened to. Thai gov''t will do it THEIR way, ......with phone calls from Thaksin sparking impetus. Remember the motto of the current government: "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts"

And Ex-FM Kasit as well as #2 dinosaur (Suthep) appreciated foreigners being on "their" land???? :blink:

I agree. It is well to remember that this flood is a fifty-year weather event in Thailand. Few countries can afford to build sufficiently against fifty year events. The US had an eighty year flood from the MIssissippi this in May of this year. Management systems routinely (and catastrophically) fail under such conditions.

Your statement and the one you replied to are arguing two different points which are not closely related. Your comment on economics; the previous one on management and necessary expertise. Both ideas, however, are lacking in their ability to address the issue which most commenters, the UN and several international water works engineering firms suspect which is that there is at least some possibility that the bulk of this crisis was due to 1) mismanagement of the dam water levels (essentially gambling) and 2) the generally agreed upon observation that there are all sorts of problems within and between the government agencies charged with helping mitigate the crisis. Some of those are the following:

1) government / army bad blood

2) academia / government bad blood -- which for instance had professors from Thammasat uninvited to an important, high-level meeting with the government to discuss academic strategies because certain professors had criticized other flood mitigation efforts

3) the weaknesses related to the tendency for a need for consensus building during a rapidly evolving crisis

4) the many contradictory, fragmented statements released by various government agencies

5) government agencies (not all, but many) difficulty or unwillingness to provide information openly, censoring any organizations that try to do so (under the guise of protecting people from panic) -- eg. Thaiflood.com / FROC

etc.

These are people / ego problems. Sure, there are engineering problems, but we'll have to wait for the UN investigation and any others like it to know what portion of this may have been due to simply being unable to 1) engineer sufficiently using only resources in Thailand or 2) spend the required cash to purchase the engineering required for such an event.

Edited by ThailandMan

Oh but wait Capt. the masses MUST blame it on whatever present govt is in office!!! :ermm: And any opposition party(ies) can use this (or any) calamity for their own political gains first.... the people always come second.......

Oh but wait Capt. the masses MUST blame it on whatever present govt is in office!!! :ermm: And any opposition party(ies) can use this (or any) calamity for their own political gains first.... the people always come second.......

How many times do you need to be told?

To all the naysayers, lazy barstewards, and barstool generals, have a very close look at the pics in the following link and HONESTLY tell me anyone could have stopped the amount of this floodwater seen FROM SPACE(!!!!) could actually be stopped! If you have an answer I WILL HIRE YOU AS YOUR AGENT AND JOB YOU OUT TO THIS GOVERNMENT (high dayrate btw....). We will be called gods, superpeople, or whatever... Just have a look at the satellite pics>>>>>

http://earthobservat...ew.php?id=76110

Seems simple enough to me. You start draining water as soon as it starts to flood any of the regions---not wait until the water is lapping round your bottom lip. Is that too much for you to understand----sorry,yes it obviously is !!!!!!!!!

It's almost as if the 4 or 5 organizations involved with the dam and subsequent water release were under orders (by whom??) OR some archaic rules / plans that never got scrutinized carefully enough and re-written with ANY type of contingency plan inserted.

Some years back, they (whoever 'they' are that control the dams) got a fair amount of criticism for not retaining enough water during the rainy season.

They were worried about too much water in the dams and had released a lot. The rainy season came to a slightly early and abrupt end and they copped it from all sides.

This might have been part of what caused the dams to overfill...and that's not discounting the huge amounts of rain that might not have been adequately anticipated.

Sorry Uncle whybother - <deleted> are you talking about?

Sorry Uncle whybother - <deleted> are you talking about?

No one is blaming Yingluck for the floods. Most are complaining about her (lack of) management and communication.

And Rubl is your uncle. Not me.

Okay whybother, just finishing my first cup of coffee..... sorry, a bit gruff in the morning.... I don't need to be told anything thanks. We all have varied views on here and if kept civil, there's no need for anyone to be condescending, or crass.

I'll agree that the PM is inexperienced and is humble enough to be open for suggestions (as she had asked her "foe" Abhisit, for assistance) - speaking of which, would that happen the other way around IF (repeat, IF) Abhisit's team were unable to do what is perceived as an impossible feat with this disaster? IMHO, I do not think he would ask her team. The "TEAMWORK" idea has got to work here but it seems there is far too much politics involved for any politicians (or governors) to discard and work as a said team. The answer to too many of the questions on here on WHY it took so long is, IMHO, too many individual personal agendas within the ENTIRE govt. The delay of dam water being released in a timely manner is one good example.... Was there in fact, infighting between the 4 or 5 organizations involved with the dams? And the rules of releasing water at a certain time - with 4 or 5 experienced organizations, surely they would have a contingency plan for high volumes of water and more to come due to the heavy rains in their respective catchment areas. So.... are these (old) rules effective? Was the government wrong in trusting these experienced organizations to do their respective jobs properly? Instead of laying all the onus on one person who has been in office for less than 2 months, why not broaden our views to a more realistic view first THEN work the blame game up the ladder? Are not heads of state wrong once their underlings are found guilty of incompetency (I.E. - FEMA during Katrina in New Orleans and surrounding areas) and/or corruption? Food for thought....

Edited by metisdead
Messed up quotes removed.

Okay whybother, just finishing my first cup of coffee..... sorry, a bit gruff in the morning.... I don't need to be told anything thanks. We all have varied views on here and if kept civil, there's no need for anyone to be condescending, or crass.

I'll agree that the PM is inexperienced and is humble enough to be open for suggestions (as she had asked her "foe" Abhisit, for assistance) - speaking of which, would that happen the other way around IF (repeat, IF) Abhisit's team were unable to do what is perceived as an impossible feat with this disaster? IMHO, I do not think he would ask her team. The "TEAMWORK" idea has got to work here but it seems there is far too much politics involved for any politicians (or governors) to discard and work as a said team. The answer to too many of the questions on here on WHY it took so long is, IMHO, too many individual personal agendas within the ENTIRE govt. The delay of dam water being released in a timely manner is one good example.... Was there in fact, infighting between the 4 or 5 organizations involved with the dams? And the rules of releasing water at a certain time - with 4 or 5 experienced organizations, surely they would have a contingency plan for high volumes of water and more to come due to the heavy rains in their respective catchment areas. So.... are these (old) rules effective? Was the government wrong in trusting these experienced organizations to do their respective jobs properly? Instead of laying all the onus on one person who has been in office for less than 2 months, why not broaden our views to a more realistic view first THEN work the blame game up the ladder? Are not heads of state wrong once their underlings are found guilty of incompetency (I.E. - FEMA during Katrina in New Orleans and surrounding areas) and/or corruption? Food for thought....

Who knows if Abhisit would ask Yingluck if he couldn't solve something. Somehow, I would doubt it. Do you think she would have anything worthwhile to offer?

I agree that Yingluck shouldn't be expected to have managed the release of water from the dams (at least initially - I would hope that she is in control of that now), but the governments management of the floods, and information to the public, has been severely lacking even since Ayuttaya has flooded and the threat to Bangkok was realised. The blame for that can't be put on any past governments or excused because they have only been in power for nearly 3 months.

Are you crazy without electricity everyone has to leave. Here they leave the power on until the electricity meter is reached by water. There was plenty of advice on electricity given here in the village (not far from BKK and we are flooded now) Electricity is still on and as you see internet too. But houses are flooded.

Errr ok...... I somehow have this mental image of you typing away on your computer, with your feet in water that is gently lapping near the electrical outlets. Sorry to hear you are flooded, hope it all works out ok..

Was just watching the Thai news. Ten more people have died from electrocution. Water and electricity are a deadly combo..... Be careful..

The " fault" of this flood is not the current government , although the response has been a bit bumbling. The true fault lies with ALL the governments of the last 50 years, who have failed the Thai people causing death and destruction.

Flood projects tend to be multi year very expensive projects that in essence continue past the governments that started them. So not easy to continue skimming money from them. ALL the past governments seem to like quickie contracts buying useless stuff ( aircraft carrier, fire trucks, submarines, etc) , pocket the 20% , and move onto the next project. This is an issue of the failure of the government itself, not the current holder of the office. The current administration is simply first in line at the feeding trough. Sad sad sad.....

The anger of the Thai people should cross the line of shirt colors, and be directed at all the " leaders", whoops I mean the pigs at the front of the feeding trough.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Are you crazy without electricity everyone has to leave. Here they leave the power on until the electricity meter is reached by water. There was plenty of advice on electricity given here in the village (not far from BKK and we are flooded now) Electricity is still on and as you see internet too. But houses are flooded.

Errr ok...... I somehow have this mental image of you typing away on your computer, with your feet in water that is gently lapping near the electrical outlets. Sorry to hear you are flooded, hope it all works out ok..

Was just watching the Thai news. Ten more people have died from electrocution. Water and electricity are a deadly combo..... Be careful..

The " fault" of this flood is not the current government , although the response has been a bit bumbling. The true fault lies with ALL the governments of the last 50 years, who have failed the Thai people causing death and destruction.

Flood projects tend to be multi year very expensive projects that in essence continue past the governments that started them. So not easy to continue skimming money from them. ALL the past governments seem to like quickie contracts buying useless stuff ( aircraft carrier, fire trucks, submarines, etc) , pocket the 20% , and move onto the next project. This is an issue of the failure of the government itself, not the current holder of the office. The current administration is simply first in line at the feeding trough. Sad sad sad.....

The anger of the Thai people should cross the line of shirt colors, and be directed at all the " leaders", whoops I mean the pigs at the front of the feeding trough.

Good post Eyes. Good to see some broader views posted.