Whats Your Dream Bike ?

Thaifan2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my all time favorite bikes of yesteryear that I would like to own is the one shown below. For the knowledgeable, anyone recognize this particular race bike? B)

KingKenny.jpg

is it a yamaha YZR500 from around 1979 ? B)

Good so far and the name of the rider that made this particular yellow YZR500 famous? Now be careful now, as it may not have been an American rider :D

is this him? B)

Yes it is, King Kenny himself. Nice find by the way. The sound of a 500 stroker is still amazing :)

B)

KingKenny.jpg

is it a yamaha YZR500 from around 1979 ? B)

Good so far and the name of the rider that made this particular yellow YZR500 famous? Now be careful now, as it may not have been an American rider :D

is this him? B)

Yes it is, King Kenny himself. Nice find by the way. The sound of a 500 stroker is still amazing :)

faur play to him ,he even had the balls to come back 30 odd years later and take it for a blast around the track in front of thousands of people ,its frightening how easy those things lift off the ground :)

the power to weight ratio is phoenominal ,

heres freddy spencer on a honda 500 and he makes it look easy too ....:)

faur play to him ,he even had the balls to come back 30 odd years later and take it for a blast around the track in front of thousands of people ,its frightening how easy those things lift off the ground :)

Spencer was a real showman. Seen that video before, very nice to see it again. thanks bud :)

I must find the one, I think it was Barry Sheen smoking a ciggy and everything and then chasing after a Mustang

dam_n, RC, you reading my mind or what? :) My first choice was the RSV4 and the second the 1198SP

Well, our current bikes aren't bad either. I take it you're still on the 999?

Hi RC,

Agreed mate. My 999 and me shall never be parted, though I've said that before with my other bikes, but I have way too much enthusiasm for this bike and it is not going away anytime soon. It puts a smile on my face when its standing still, let alone when I'm riding it.

I'm getting my suspension sorted out at the end of next month and doing a track day at Nakon Sawan. Hopefully the flood BS will be over by then.

Cheers,

Garry

Started this post earlier, not in the mood to finish it after today's MotoGP. :(

I have been avoiding this thread. Impossible to decide. I would need a few bikes for each type of riding.

For sport riding.

KTM 1190 RC8R

2011-KTM-1190-RC8-R-right-view-1.jpg

I like the Ninja 1000 (but it needs sport bars like the Ninja 650 IMO), and although it would probably be the best bike for me since I want to do some touring as well but if no one ends up making sport bars for it, my next bike will probably be the CBR600RR. More my skill level than the RC8 , and it looks stunning, it's winning all the side by sides and, most importantly, is the most comfortable middleweight supersport.

40199.jpg

2011-honda-cbr-models-gets-new-colors-25072_1.jpg

For touring, Ducati Multistrata 1200 S Sport

2011-Ducati-Multistrada-1200S-Sport.jpg

When I was 13, my dream bike was The Cat, powered by the venerable Briggs & Stratton 5hp engine, :)

scan0001-4.jpg

Spencer was a real showman. Seen that video before, very nice to see it again. thanks bud :)

I must find the one, I think it was Barry Sheen smoking a ciggy and everything and then chasing after a Mustang

heres a cool one with king kenny + barry sheene B)

talk about competitiveness :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejel8lqB544&feature=related

heres a cool one with king kenny + barry sheene B)

talk about competitiveness :D

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

That's the only smoke I like in the day time...nice one :)

64r27w.jpg

I would also love one of these to potter about in ,and do a wash and shine every week .If anyone knows one for sale in Thailand i would be interested .

Go for the k1600lt this little cutie will set you back more

Yes ,they are expensive and very hard to find in Thailand .There is a dealer here in Chiang Mai with a R100RS ,from the mid 80s and he wants B220,000 for it :bah:

Actually i have been thinking.. It would be fun to have an Aprilia Mana. I think just because it's so different.

post-62652-0-07827300-1319285138_thumb.j

+1

My heart says something exotic like a Benelli TNT there is something about the sound of a triple.

But I'll add another vote for the Mana. Maybe CBR and I could get a volume discount.

The bike l have never forgot the sound of and would love to ride it now to reach it's near 18000 rpm limit. :)

Honda RC166, 250cc, 6 cylinder.

post-41816-0-60542300-1319429898_thumb.j

I saw a fully restored one at the Isle of Man in 2007. Estimated value by the owner £250,000 and nobody was allowed ride it (funny about that) , but it did get fired up. The sound was indescribable. Supposedly the engines were very sensitive and you could easily twist & break the cranks. Supposedly down to the metalurgy of the era.

Edited by Garry

Actually i have been thinking.. It would be fun to have an Aprilia Mana. I think just because it's so different.

post-62652-0-07827300-1319285138_thumb.j

+1

My heart says something exotic like a Benelli TNT there is something about the sound of a triple.

But I'll add another vote for the Mana. Maybe CBR and I could get a volume discount.

It would need to be a BIG discount for me to afford itcool.gifbiggrin.gif

The bike l have never forgot the sound of and would love to ride it now to reach it's near 18000 rpm limit. :)

Honda RC166, 250cc, 6 cylinder.

post-41816-0-60542300-1319429898_thumb.j

I saw a fully restored one at the Isle of Man in 2007. Estimated value by the owner £250,000 and nobody was allowed ride it (funny about that) , but it did get fired up. The sound was indescribable. Supposedly the engines were very sensitive and you could easily twist & break the cranks. Supposedly down to the metalurgy of the era.

Yeh, look on Youtube where they fire it up in a studio. :huh:

The "old" CBR 250 would be an affordable substitute they are what 16,000 or something.

Mc19 was 18500rpm redline. I always thought the Rc166 was closer to 22,000rpm

A CBR is hardly a dream bike :cheesy:

He said the older Cbr250 the MC19 / 22.

I fully rebuilt bike would actually be lovely and worth something in the future. It was a fantastic bike well ahead of it's time. As was the Kawasaki ZXR250.

I fully rebuilt bike would actually be lovely and worth something in the future. It was a fantastic bike well ahead of it's time. As was the Kawasaki ZXR250.

would be ok except for the 'match-stick' like front forks ;) ....me, i just don't do bikes without USDs :mellow:

would be ok except for the 'match-stick' like front forks ;) ....me, i just don't do bikes without USDs :mellow:

Why a properly set up pair of matchstick forks are comparable to USDs. But it looks like you have been brain washed.......................................... What bike do you have anyway?

My dreambike of all times is one from the past: it's the DUCATI 900 MHR ( mike hailwood replica)

It was just on the market before i turned 18. One of my friends had a Darmah 900 and he turned me into a Ducati fan

I have good memories going to look at the Dutch Ducati Club Races at the Zolder circuit in Belgium.The sound of a bunch of those 900's ducs with conti pipes gave me the goosebumps.

This was long before (early eighties) Ducati was such a polular brand as it is today.

I ended up buying a reliable Honda CB400F and that was the first of a line of Japanes bikes of different brands, but that Ducati will always stay in my memories.

post-143096-0-80848300-1319613796_thumb.post-143096-0-20871200-1319613481_thumb.post-143096-0-95337600-1319613806_thumb.

My dreambike of all times is one from the past: it's the DUCATI 900 MHR ( mike hailwood replica)

It was just on the market before i turned 18. One of my friends had a Darmah 900 and he turned me into a Ducati fan

I have good memories going to look at the Dutch Ducati Club Races at the Zolder circuit in Belgium.The sound of a bunch of those 900's ducs with conti pipes gave me the goosebumps.

This was long before (early eighties) Ducati was such a polular brand as it is today.

I ended up buying a reliable Honda CB400F and that was the first of a line of Japanes bikes of different brands, but that Ducati will always stay in my memories.

post-143096-0-80848300-1319613796_thumb.post-143096-0-20871200-1319613481_thumb.post-143096-0-95337600-1319613806_thumb.

Ducati !!!

I ended up buying a reliable Honda CB400F.

well that says all eh !! :D