Pm Concerned Over Flooding In Bangkok'S Don Mueang, Laksi

Lite Beer

PM concerned over flooding in Bangkok's Don Mueang, Laksi.

image_201110231157052F23A839-F896-A486-BF9F30BDBA02EECD.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 23 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is concerned over the water situation in Don Mueang and Laksi, saying repairs of flood barrier at Klong Prapa is expected to be completed on Sunday.

Water from Klong Prapa has breached the dyke and overflowed in some areas, causing flooding in Don Mueang and Lak Si.

The prime minister assured that tap water is still safe and the government has a plan to handle the situation if there is any problem about tap water supply. The water in Klong Prapa is used to produce tap water.

Ms Yingluck also said she ordered traffic police to help monitor all flood-prone areas in Bangkok and dispelled a rumour that the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC) will be moved to eastern province of Chonburi if the centre, now headquartered at Don Mueang Airport, is hit by flood.

The water level in Klong Prapa has slightly dropped on Sunday and the flood water on Chaengwattana Road has reduced but the affected area has extended to Mongkutwattana Hospital.

Flooding remained on Songprapa Road in Don Mueang. At a major fresh market on Songprapa Road, prices of vegetable, fruit and meat has increased while eggs have been in short supply for about two days

image_201110231158452F252D01-DE04-1E1F-C5C77ECA701E2CFC.jpg

Meanwhile, floodwater at Bang Kra Bue intersection has dropped to knee height from waist height, while flooding on Samsen road has receded on Sunday.

Officials fortified sand embankment to prevent more overflow of water.

Power is still cut off and some local residents moved to a temporary shelter at Rajinibon school.

The water level from the Chao Phraya River overflowed to Bang Krabue intersection and Samsen Road after Thakiewkaika dyke breached on Saturday.

In Klong Hokwa, where the Bangkok metropolitan administration has built 9-kilometre flood barrier to prevent floods from entering Bangkok’s northern district of Sai Mai, where the water level has risen 50 centimetre to just 25 centimetres below the top level of the dyke. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-10-23

Ms Yingluck also said she ordered traffic police to help monitor all flood-prone areas in Bangkok and dispelled a rumour that the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC) will be moved to eastern province of Chonburi if the centre, now headquartered at Don Mueang Airport, is hit by flood.

If this goes as with previous denials, the move is being planned at this moment. Up to a point it makes sense, such an important center should not be left isolated and stuck in floodwater. Although I think they only need modern communication equipment to gather data, to instruct and to report back to PM and public. Maybe a moat around the castle is not so bad an idea after all :)

Edited by rubl

If this goes as with previous denials, the move is being planned at this moment. Up to a point it makes sense, such an important center should not be left isolated and stuck in floodwater. Although I think they only need modern communication equipment to gather data, to instruct and to report back to PM and public. Maybe a moat around the castle is not so bad an idea after all :)

Planned? Since when have they planned anything?

She looks like hell. She is actually starting to actually resemble the distinguished Takki Shinegra

What is it with you people? Thailand is facing its worst flooding 70 years and former PM Thaksin is the first thing on your mind? You all sound like little children. Is it impossible for you to put your Thaksin obsession aside just for the time being until this crisis is over? I know the answer to that, just asking for the record.

She looks like hell. She is actually starting to actually resemble the distinguished Takki Shinegra

"Ms Yingluck also said she ordered traffic police to help monitor all flood-prone areas in Bangkok and dispelled a rumour that the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC) will be moved to eastern province of Chonburi if the centre, now headquartered at Don Mueang Airport, is hit by flood."

To help monitor.....laugh.gif

If she is that concerned maybe she can don her Burberry boots and come and help clean my home and business in Laksi that flooded THREE days ago. Better late than never I guess. Of course she will have to wait until the water goes down, only boats can get there now.

Interesting that I am on AIS and I get updates via sms from FROC (just got another one now about the water supply klong) but my mrs is on DTAC and never gets these messages.

With people complaining about the reliability of FROC's warnings, announcements and messages, I'd say the wife is the lucky one :rolleyes:

Edited by rubl

Interesting that I am on AIS and I get updates via sms from FROC (just got another one now about the water supply klong) but my mrs is on DTAC and never gets these messages.

Ais is Thai..DTAC is johhny foreigner.

Also Shinwatra still control the reins if AIS. what better way of improving profits.

Edited by thaicbr

What is it with you people? Thailand is facing its worst flooding 70 years and former PM Thaksin is the first thing on your mind? You all sound like little children. Is it impossible for you to put your Thaksin obsession aside just for the time being until this crisis is over? I know the answer to that, just asking for the record.

ThaiVisa's obsession with Thaksin is almost as "healthy" as Thaksin's obsession with Thailand.

This truck was parked at the edge of Bang Bua Thong greeting the people evacuating the area while his red shirts (who he apparently doesn't know) handed out food. Care to read the Thai script?

post-5600-0-47154000-1319360392_thumb.jp

I thought this guy had recently (again) said he quit politics? Again, we all know the real answer to that also.

Edited by Insight

The worst flooding in 70 years and some peoples obsession with other people obsession is not healthy

ThaiVisa's obsession with Thaksin is almost as "healthy" as Thaksin's obsession with Thailand.

This truck was parked at the edge of Bang Bua Thong greeting the people evacuating the area while his red shirts (who he apparently doesn't know) handed out food. Care to read the Thai script?

I thought this guy had recently (again) said he quit politics? Again, we all know the real answer to that also.

"Heart from afar to the affected persons" (And picture of Thaksin Shinawatra)

Have you appointed yourself as the red-shirt censor? Sorry we don't need one - go back to telling lies, it was more amusing.

"Heart from afar to the affected persons" (And picture of Thaksin Shinawatra)

Thanks, my translator is out for a while. Is this the first known example of Mr t putting his hand in his own pocket, or as usual is he just claiming the goodwill from others generosity?

Thanks, my translator is out for a while. Is this the first known example of Mr t putting his hand in his own pocket, or as usual is he just claiming the goodwill from others generosity?

With the reports on Twitter last night and callers into the live show at Suvanaphumi TV that complained about people putting notes into the government and donated relief-bags saying basically the same things...I would claim the latter.

Another great publicity promotion for Thaksin thanks to the obsessed Tvisa gang..........keep it up guys I bet he is really running scared of your smear campaign.......:) .

Another great publicity promotion for Thaksin thanks to the obsessed Tvisa gang..........keep it up guys I bet he is really running scared of your smear campaign.......:) .

The flaw in this being a "great publicity promotion for Thaksin" is the average user having the ability to read.

So on one hand you claim we cannot vote and therefor it doesn't matter what we think...and on the other hand it is great PR that we get to see how his PR machine falsify about the [un]importance his input has for their help/relief?

So on one hand you claim we cannot vote and therefor it doesn't matter what we think...and on the other hand it is great PR that we get to see how his PR machine falsify about the [un]importance his input has for their help/relief?

It doesn't matter what you think, not many will read what you write!!! ........surely you know this!!!! Most people will view the photographic publicity you have kindly brought into the limelight, and draw their own conclusions........Thaksin should send you a thank you note......:)

Edited by 473geo

Pity a torrent of water never swept through old trafford today james!

Hopefully you never seen the game, what a disaster..

It doesn't matter what you think, not many will read what you write!!! ........surely you know this!!!! Most people will view the photographic publicity you have kindly brought into the limelight, and draw their own conclusions........Thaksin should send you a thank you note......:)

And most people will think that Thaksin is putting his name on other peoples donations. I reckon that's what you think.

And most people will think that Thaksin is putting his name on other peoples donations. I reckon that's what you think.

Don't try and think for me........god didn't provide you with the machinery.......:(

Well. The Shinwatra family donated a total of 5 million baht on the TV the other day.. It was a corporate chq handing over ceremony and the son and 2 daughters gave the thing to Yingluck...

So that might be why there are some leaflets etc floating around.

Now before the RED supporters say how brilliant...........

Tan of Oishi fame gave 100 million. And has donated a further 100million to several different Thai charities (Thai red x etc)