3G Network

fdehaan2000

My best guesses would lead me to possibly your only choice: Truemove H, which is currently post-paid only.

At least here in Hua Hin, you can still purchase pre-paid "old" Truemove SIMs with corresponding data plans.

The TrueMove 3G packages shown below apparently are valid only through the end of 2011.

post-33251-0-84282500-1319449943_thumb.j

post-33251-0-82668800-1319449991_thumb.j

Not sure which frequency the ipad supports for 3G.

AIS has very good coverage for me (all the way up around mabprachan lake and Nong Plalai), whereas True 3G ( not True H) is not as widespread.

AIS uses 900 MHz, I'm lucky having a European HTC touch pro which supports this...

I also have a regular True 3G usb dongle, but gave up some time ago as AIS Edge was faster (before they enabled 3G). Maybe they improved now....

I'm using dtac's 3g with my android smartphone. In the past couple of days I've accessed the internet in bkk, suphanburi, nakhon sawan, khamphang phet, sukhothai and now up in the hills near maesot. As soon as I get back to civilization I'm going to get a 3g dongle, so I can use my laptop to work anywhere! :D

I'm using dtac's 3g with my android smartphone. In the past couple of days I've accessed the internet in bkk, suphanburi, nakhon sawan, khamphang phet, sukhothai and now up in the hills near maesot. As soon as I get back to civilization I'm going to get a 3g dongle, so I can use my laptop to work anywhere! :D

But surely not 3g in all those places. you must have been on Edge some of the time.

Past July I bought a 1-2-call Internet SIM for my iPad 1 and it worked just fine in Singburi, Bangkok, Hua Hin.

However none of the shops had micro SIMs. So this time I bought a SIM cutter, just in case to cut the SIM. Might open a SIM cutter shop in MBK :D

But surely not 3g in all those places. you must have been on Edge some of the time.

3G everywhere (as far as I could tell). The speed varied though, from the same as my 9gig home connection to 2 - 3 gig. Oddly enough, it's quite fast up here in the mountains near the Burmese border!

1319817878[/url]' post='4803536']

iPad 1 doesn't support 900Mhz 3G frequency so AIS is out of question. Dtac and True over 850 mhz should work. However, I'm not sure DTAC has 3G coverage outside of Bangkok. You should go with True.

Sorry you are wrong. Bought on the airport yesterday an ais ipad sim , unlimmeted for one month 1100 tb The funny thing is had edge connection on the airport and on the road towards korat. Now i am in a small village outside korat and got full power 3g

*\Sorry i have an ipad 2

Edited by robin33