Driving Licence Renewal

pgthompson

My 1 year Temporary Motorcycle Licence is due to expire on the 24th November.

What is the procedure to make it a 5 year licence, what documents, if any, do I need? Do I re-take the test?

I'm out of the Country from the 22nd November till the 5th December, can I renew it before I leave the Country or will I be able to apply when I arrive back? In other words is there any lee-way from the expire date?

I renewed my first one year drivers license 10 months after it expired, and there was not trouble at all. Just bring in the necessary documents such as passport, medical certificate, certificate of residency (500 baht at immigration, and the renewal is a simple and straightforward procedure.

1319599402[/url]' post='4795644']

I renewed my first one year drivers license 10 months after it expired, and there was not trouble at all. Just bring in the necessary documents such as passport, medical certificate, certificate of residency (500 baht at immigration, and the renewal is a simple and straightforward procedure.

Can you get a Driving Licence when you are only on a tourist visa?

I hear you cannot get a driving license on a tourist visa,I got a license on a tourist visa a few years ago,things change a lot so best go direct and ask.

I hear you cannot get a driving license on a tourist visa,I got a license on a tourist visa a few years ago,things change a lot so best go direct and ask.

I got a drivers license with a tourist visa in February,2011.Just showed my USA license.took a silly test and paid some money. Also had the paperwork mentioned above.

1319766144[/url]' post='4801334']
1319761016[/url]' post='4801140']

1319731932[/url]' post='4800667']

I got a drivers license with a tourist visa in February,2011.Just showed my USA license.took a silly test and paid some money. Also had the paperwork mentioned above.

So if I did get a drivers license, can I register a motorbike in my own name?

• 11 months later...

I wish the mods would pin a license topic to clear up this on going mess. There are far to many uninformed opinions and way too many "I heard that..." comments. You can get a license on a TV - I have two (bike and car) from last year. I realize that the old saw that says "your mileage may vary" holds true in many cases but, there are some basic rules of operations that should be cleared up,. How about it guys, can we put an end to the misinformation.

Edited by DowntownAl

I wish the mods would pin a license topic to clear up this on going mess. There are far to many uninformed opinions and way too many "I heard that..." comments. You can get a license on a TV - I have two (bike and car) from last year. I realize that the old saw that says "your mileage may vary" holds true in many cases but, there are some basic rules of operations that should be cleared up,. How about it guys, can we put an end to the misinformation.

Sorry don't agree with you.

Sorry don't agree with you.

You prefer misleading information? Each to their own.