Where Are You Going / Have You Gone To Avoid The Flooding?

xthAi76s

Forget about it. Not helpful.  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Realized that the polling feature is lacking as it cannot allow people to enter their own choices and I certainly cannot list every place on Earth that people might go. Would be great to have a feature that allows voters to add their own options.

Thanks; sorry for the bother.

Edited by ThailandMan

Voted for my wife as I'm out of the country.

She and half a dozen other families are staying put in our Pathum Thani condo, they have food, water and temporary power (mains has been off for a week) so are good for a few weeks.

All the apartments are dry so probably better off than in one of the evacuation centres.

Could you please provide address so that I can "evacuate" to your complex? clap2.gif

Inside my condo complex there is a family mart, Indian restaurant x2, Pakistan restaurant, 2 bars complete with bar girls.

Im happy to stay :)

I've left the country but to be fair I would normally be out of the country at this time, I just left a little earlier as I couldn't rely on the airports being open.

The problem isn't the water it's what the water brings with it, one big soup of excrement, festering animal corpses, and disease. So I suggest of you can get out do get out, and don't pretend to yourself that your safe in your condos looking down on flooded streets.

If Bangkok floods for a month it won't be long before there are disease related epidemics, and you'll find the medical services breaking down. So be realistic, if you don't have to stay......go!!

For some reason my wife seems to think it's a better option to get evacuated in the back of some military truck and then to end up in some evacuation center sleeping on a mat-roll...

For me i'd prefer to stay at our condo and eat tinned food in the dark, and poo over the balcony.

I did 2 weeks without power in an ice storm in Maine '98; unable to move the car and drinking water out of a hole we cracked in a frozen pond. I think could handle a few weeks without power in Bangkok...

Edited by dave111223

i'm still staying in bangkok even the government said we should leave bangkok and stay in some place like chonburi or something because the water is coming(since last week) ... til now i'm living in sutthisan or ratchada the water still not come

but the problem is you cant find any food just want to keep at home how bad...

Staying put in BKK/Ratchada/Hua Kwang, i have plenty of Tuna, Makrill, Water, Juice, Soy Milk, Sodas, Oreos, Chips, Noodles etc to last me two or three weeks. If my area floods and it reaches over 1 meter i will start consider evacuating.