American Fast Food In Thailand

Eun SOe

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to the above. I well remember a dinner party hosted at his home by an old friend, a Police General, back in the late seventies. Pride of place in the center of the table went to a couple of big boxes of KFC chicken from the recently opened outlet on, I think, Silom.

This was served with rice and all manner of delicious Thai dishes. Must admit to feeling somewhat taken aback by it at first as I presumed he served them in honour of his Farang guest, although it turned out not to be the case.

All seems to have gone downhill from there onwards.

Further to the above. I well remember a dinner party hosted at his home by an old friend, a Police General, back in the late seventies. Pride of place in the center of the table went to a couple of big boxes of KFC chicken from the recently opened outlet on, I think, Silom.

This was served with rice and all manner of delicious Thai dishes. Must admit to feeling somewhat taken aback by it at first as I presumed he served them in honour of his Farang guest, although it turned out not to be the case.

All seems to have gone downhill from there onwards.

They must be doing something right as there are more KFC's per capita in LOS than anywhere I've ever been... :o

To quote the linked web page:

But American fast foods in Thailand has wrong concept of fast foods. You can notice that Thai people go to fast food shop for making an appointment and they sit there more than 1 hour that's the wrong concept for eat fast and another it quite expensive meanwhile in America fast foods are cheap.

In my experience, that should read at least one hour. I've seen college lecturers running classes in McDonalds. :o Probably the only thing that place is good for.

To quote the linked web page:
But American fast foods in Thailand has wrong concept of fast foods. You can notice that Thai people go to fast food shop for making an appointment and they sit there more than 1 hour that's the wrong concept for eat fast and another it quite expensive meanwhile in America fast foods are cheap.

In my experience, that should read at least one hour. I've seen college lecturers running classes in McDonalds. :o Probably the only thing that place is good for.

I love how the Thais will pick at a small fries and a cup of coffe for an hour or two. :D That's the only reason I have ever gone there; to wait for someone, so I'll order a coffe and mooch their aircon for awhile.

The Thai's long for obesity and general bad health.

They are already fairly non-exercise oriented people so this food really is going to kill them off in a bad way. We've all seen the many listless birds here who do nothing as far as exercise goes and they stay fit, trim and tight arsed. Why? because they eat vegetables, beetles, grubs and fish mostly. A new fangled western fast food diet is sure, quick death.

People should not be eatting chickens, cows, and pigs anyway I belive, just not natural, but to eat them the way KFC and Mc'd serves up dead animals is a shame, a crying shame.

Sad, I ask my little Thai cousins, where you all want to go to lunch, Uncle Sendbaht's treat, they yell and jump up and down like kids do, "KFC KFC, sad so sad.

I remember in class there was only one fat kid now there is only one skinny kid, again, SAD!

Always packed so someone is eating this rubbish.

Brit, I know you are the 'Great Defender of America' but this stuff really is garbage, and there's just nothing good about it to defend. :o

Not defending it - I prefer thai food any day. :D I'm just amazed that tourists in general flood the place day-in/day-out when there is so much better food out there.

Edited by britmaveric

Brit, I know you are the 'Great Defender of America' but this stuff really is garbage, and there's just nothing good about it to defend. :o

Over 90 countries have McDonalds, and more are found in London than any other city. Perhaps its universal success has less to do with it being garbage and more to do with the fact that McDonald's burgers use surprisingly high quality beef and are cheap.

The first KFC failed due serving tasteless chicken and had little to do with GI's as they almost never ventured into the Silom area of town - if GI's had been targeted the location would have been New Phetburi Road.

McDonald's is a very recent addition as for years nobody was willing to import ingredients as required by the company. The donuts appeared in the early 80's as I recall and were a welcome change from the 60% fat type sold on the roads.

As with any diet if you live on it there are likely to be problems - but I do enjoy a hamburger and pizza now and then. Well maybe more than now and then. :o

I personally enjoy walking down the street and purchased food from a ma & pa's vending cart instead of McDonald & KFC. For some reason it taste so much better. Probably it because it so unclean :o . Am I crazy or does anyone else feel the same?

I must say though, McDonald's french fries are the best but its god awful for your health

Edited by OZONE

People should not be eatting chickens, cows, and pigs anyway I belive, just not natural,

Why not, prey tell. And why is it not natural :o

yep - this is a "quote of the day" nominee for sure

I Love animals, they taste great.

If god did not want us to eat animals he would not have made them of meat.

:D

I personally enjoy walking down the street and purchased food from a ma & pa's vending cart instead of McDonald & KFC.  For some reason it taste so much better.  Probably it because it so unclean  :o .  Am I crazy or does anyone else feel the same? Not crazy, ma and pa's actually is better.

I must say though, McDonald's french fries are the best but its god awful for your health

Can't for the life of me understand how anyone can enjoy French fries. Give me proper chips any day.  :D

they stay fit, trim and tight arsed.

Ain't that the truth. :D

Anyway, copying our mistakes, almost all of them, will be the death of Thailand as we know it.

Before TV, aeroplanes and knowledge of the west it must have been paradise here, a paradise void of any kind of greed, let alone obesity.

Yeah, the Burmese sacking and looting the country must have been wonderful. :o

I like a double cheeseburger now and then, and 1150 Pizza Hut is the number of choice for those hungover days. :D