Modern House Design

Hi All

I'm looking to build a house in the near future, has anyone built anything modern, minimalist or contemporary here? Maybe with an Asian twist! I know they are broad descriptions but I would be interested to see any examples that any of you have had built out here. I refuse to build a standard moobahn type house, they all look the same and whilst they are practical I would like to do something different. After all its not everyday you build a house. If you can share any resources ( websites, chiang mai based architects and builders ) I would be most grateful. It would be great to see some photo's and get an idea of various build costs. I quite like houses with a flat roof, however I've been told to steer clear of those, anyone have any experience with that type of build?

Thanks in advance - I hope :)

hi this is my house in udon thani , cost 1.5m baht , build by nyj house builder...i havent seen the finish yet since i live in australia im thai by the way me no english lol anyway i will post some photo for you to have a look ..the house is 3 bedroom 2 bathroom and its 128 talang wa

Edited by Goldenchild

Hi,, if you have a look in the Home Mart stores, the photos of many of the houses used for their roof tile brochures in their stores are available in full plans, find a style you like and return to the store and i'm sure they will help you, although some of them may advise you to contact their BKK store for the full plans,, the plans are usually available for free since they assume you may purchase your building materials from their store.

Edited by metisdead
Font resized to default size.

Nice home Jonny

You do not see many parapet style roofs built in Thailand...or I have not seen anyway.

Question though....I do not see any roof scuppers for the water to exit.

Do you have any roof pictures that show how your evacuating the water?

Congrats on a nice place

Flat roof have two major disadvantages although they have sleek looks. Flats roofs are extremely difficult to make water tight and also difficult to insulate to keep heat out.

This is our house and we chose not to build with a flat roof in the end although that was our first thaughts.

01-VillasFrontView.jpg

hi again i added more photo for you guys to have alook at ...

with the flat roof my mother inlaw have reported to me with no waterleaks this rainny season..as for the heat if i found the house too hot i will put up an extention like the photo i have put up :)

the blue pipe running though out the house is the water run off from the roof too the back and side off the house

the house builder im using 6.5/10 thats for taking too loooong 8 months turn to 12 months ...500 baht per day for being late :jap:

@stgrhe i like your house very nice :)

@chiangmai2 hope i give u a bit off info u after

Flat roof have two major disadvantages although they have sleek looks. Flats roofs are extremely difficult to make water tight and also difficult to insulate to keep heat out.

This is our house and we chose not to build with a flat roof in the end although that was our first thaughts.

01-VillasFrontView.jpg

Hi, what is the building to the right? Is that an outbuilding of yours? or a neighbour? Just noticed the flat roof :)

hi again i added more photo for you guys to have alook at ...

with the flat roof my mother inlaw have reported to me with no waterleaks this rainny season..as for the heat if i found the house too hot i will put up an extention like the photo i have put up :)

the blue pipe running though out the house is the water run off from the roof too the back and side off the house

the house builder im using 6.5/10 thats for taking too loooong 8 months turn to 12 months ...500 baht per day for being late :jap:

@stgrhe i like your house very nice :)

@chiangmai2 hope i give u a bit off info u after

Thanks Goldenchild, interesting to see your build. Would like to see it when its finished and been landscaped. I do like what you've done and the price is very low !

Anyone else got anything interesting to show? Quite like the look of the below!

http://www.ping-property.com/ping-property-sale-view-detail.php?sid=13179741571777

http://www.ping-property.com/ping-property-sale-view-detail.php?sid=13095304272177

My house, built on a triangular lot and generally conforming to that shape, has a classic Thai tile roof over the majority of the house, but as the house is triangular, a flat roof is used to cover the areas that the peaked tile can't accomodate.

Ten years and no leaks. They used a white cement type paint to seal the cement roof. My drains are numerous and the down spout blue pipes are concealed in faux columns which conforms to the overall design.

I would be concerned with putting drains inside the house and running horizontally across ceilings. The pictures of the house do not reveal external wall design but surely the downspouts could be buried in the exterior walls.

There are many flat roof sealing methods and companies that use them. One who my builder brought out to the house, has a great textured fabric seal but it was really expensive. Palm Springs, California has an abundance of flat roofs and they use a white cement based coating for most of those flat roofs.

01-VillasFrontView.jpg

Hi, what is the building to the right? Is that an outbuilding of yours? or a neighbour? Just noticed the flat roof :)

It is a double car port (the hidden part to the right), a laundry (with the window) and a storage room (also hidden but behind the laundry).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...