Teary-Eyed Pm Yingluck Pledges To Fight Bangkok Flood

webfact

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@whybother

"I didn't realise Brisbane had 4 weeks warning that they were going to be flooded."

Exactly , Flooding was so predictable it was the same old Thai way of wait and see what happens,and I dont lectures from some on here attacking those of us who are critical of useless politicians and officials, My home along with thousands of thais in Ayutthaya was submerged in four feet of water with just18 hours of warning even though we could see the river rising fast , Its a case of make your judgement on everything , those responsible for information haven;t a clue.

Edited by KKvampire

Really tired of people(my wife included) "feeling sorry" for this woman. YES she is out of her depth and yES she has a difficult task of being the "face" and only the "face" of the party, but please do not forget that she CHOSE to run. Nobody can force you to be prime minister - she knew exactly what her role would be when PTP approached her.

You can not let it be, huh?! Teary eyed, yes! Maybe because she feels sad for her herself...but maybe...just maybe, she also feels sad for people dieing, drowning, loosing their possessions, being in horrible situations....

It is called "compassion"- something that most of you are obviously lacking!

She is a politician the only time they cry is when they personally loose money or popularity (decline in fame or fortune) I am not cynical I am being realistic. :jap:

You can not let it be, huh?! Teary eyed, yes! Maybe because she feels sad for her herself...but maybe...just maybe, she also feels sad for people dieing, drowning, loosing their possessions, being in horrible situations....

Well said "DocN" These poor people keep smiling despite their woes. I think the PM has been overwhelmed by her lack of experience to deal with this type of scenario and the bad advice received from her government aides who are like headless chickens. I just wish that she had called in Marine and water irriagtion engineers to discuss the problem. But sadly she was ill advised and lacks the experience. My heart goes out to the Thai people for this disaster.

It is a time for support not inane criticisms from armchair experts.

+1

Compassion is something that is a big ask of anyone after being in the realm for 20 years.

Talking about digging up roads (which were originally canals in the first place) is sheer stupidity but it is another case covered by 'TIT' There are thousands of examples of imbecilic decisions by past politicians and others that show that the patients took over the asylums years ago.

e.g. 1100 boats moored in the Chao Praya to push the water out to the gulf. Sukhamband going to the temple to ask some God or another for help to have the sea accept the flood waters.

This event is predominately man made and not an event of nature. Cutting down trees, rampant corruption. And then you talk of compassion. "sorry but don't get me started"

I agree completely. This is a disaster on a huge scale for the whole of Thailand. Of course she is tearful. So am I.

Like some here, I immediately transfixed on the 'teary-eyed' bit as well. (I did read the rest of the article).

There are a couple things going on here that at least some of us know about.

Crying or being teary-eyed can be a political play. If used strategically, it can be interpreted as a showing of compassion, sincerity, empathy, etc.

BUT, she has done this several times now! It starts to look like weakness. Leaders of nations don't have the luxury of crying in front of the public on a regular basis whether or not they are sincere.

Well, well.... don't think weakness or "just a political gamble", its human nature, she wouldn't be there, as the "nations leader" in the first place if she hadn't to! And now this.. and no place to run 'n hide!

to be the one in the middle of the nations greatest desaster since long....well it isn't anything close to Fukujima or the 1906 earthquake in SF, but still this must not be to encouraging I can imagine.

Being outright honest, what are "they" supposed to do, not much else can be done then piling sandbags and concrete against a ravaging, incredibly huge mass of water, even the "help-center" got more or less inundated, major roads... and it isn't friday yet..!

to turn the US navy away and not calling for a state of emergency to let the army handle things was certainly not the right move, but even this, regarding circumstances one can understand... sad thing is that for this, a whole nation has to suffer the entire consequences more or less left on it's own!

Well let's see what time will bring....

...... edited to shorten to essentials...

PS: and I will be GLAD to see thousands of lawsuits to TH govt to compensate the losses, when this all is over. Stupidity must be punishable, I am sorry. And she's free to cry at her home, on her off-hours (if she prefers).

Well Blomberg just reports today (21 Minutes agor) that others are involved eavily too in this desaster:

Japan’s casualty insurers may face about 190 billion yen ($2.5 billion) in net payouts to cover damages from Thailand’s floods, according to Deutsche Bank AG.

Japanese property and casualty insurers have underwritten as much as 70 percent of seven flooded industrial estates in Thailand that are facing about 410 billion baht ($13 billion) in damages,

link to source:

Absolutely right DocN but that won't stop the screeching and sarcasm on here.

Also, my experience is that women can be at their most effective and devastating in the teary eyed stage.........

...... edited to shorten to essentials...

PS: and I will be GLAD to see thousands of lawsuits to TH govt to compensate the losses, when this all is over. Stupidity must be punishable, I am sorry. And she's free to cry at her home, on her off-hours (if she prefers).

Well Blomberg just reports today (21 Minutes agor) that others are involved eavily too in this desaster:

Japan's casualty insurers may face about 190 billion yen ($2.5 billion) in net payouts to cover damages from Thailand's floods, according to Deutsche Bank AG.

Japanese property and casualty insurers have underwritten as much as 70 percent of seven flooded industrial estates in Thailand that are facing about 410 billion baht ($13 billion) in damages,

link to source:

Good. I foresee much more to follow. Teach those bastards in charge!

If I read most of the comments I think we should give Thailand a farang government because farangs know how to solve anything and there will be no problems in this country. I thought we are here as guests but if you see the bashing of whoever is PM all the messages keep going on with basically comments on with what they do wrong.

Also, my experience is that women can be at their most effective and devastating in the teary eyed stage.........

Politic is genderless. There are no "women" in there - but "the sharks" bite each others. Why must we start mind gender differences now?

Or do you expect her stop the flooding while being in hysteria, or how you call that? Geez.....:bah:

Well said "DocN" These poor people keep smiling despite their woes. I think the PM has been overwhelmed by her lack of experience to deal with this type of scenario and the bad advice received from her government aides who are like headless chickens. I just wish that she had called in Marine and water irriagtion engineers to discuss the problem. But sadly she was ill advised and lacks the experience. My heart goes out to the Thai people for this disaster.

" But sadly she was ill advised and lacks the experience."

Very sadly for the people of Thailand. With her lack of experience, she shouldn't have taken on the job, or appointed the headless chickens.

" But sadly she was ill advised and lacks the experience."

Very sadly for the people of Thailand. With her lack of experience, she shouldn't have taken on the job, or appointed the headless chickens.

You know what: I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with that.

And still....

Lets just remember the tearful PM Told us "Bangkok would be Spared the floods" 2 days ago, And now she says "The whole of Bangkok could be flooded for a month", How can any reasonable person have confidence in such a "leader". I dont need people who dont know anything about flooding telling me I am a cold hearted Falang

Edited by KKvampire

Sorry, don't buy it.

Nobody is paying her to cry.

She was elected to lead.

And all the voters who selected here certainly assumed that meant safety, security, prosperity, health, etc, etc -- not the worst governmental mismanagement I have ever seen anywhere.

I dont need people who dont know anything about flooding telling me I am a cold hearted Falang

Frankly speaking, you do NOT have her....at your homecountry, a cold hearted Falang. She's NOT your leader. :)

Just a reminder.

Edited by alexakap

I dont need people who dont know anything about flooding telling me I am a cold hearted Falang

Frankly speaking, you do NOT have her....at your homecountry, a cold hearted Falang. She's NOT your leader. :)

Great - if she's not our leader, then the laws of this country aren't ours to follow either. Correct Alex?

Great - if she's not our leader, then the laws of this country aren't ours to follow either. Correct Alex?

She is NOT a leader at all...Period

I agree wholeheartedly. Whenever there is news, the Baboons come out to make light and criticize everything said or ask on this site. Isn't it time the super duper moderators delete a lot of the BS? The country is being torn apart and the same people trying to live here on a penny are the same ones making stupid comments about everything. It's no wonder TV is slowly getting a bad rap reputation.

I have to believe, politics aside, that everyone's doing their best to help the people and save the infrastructure. Long hours, little food, no sleep, and many losing everything. Give them a break! Their are a lot of humanitarians their sacrificing for their people. What are all the wiseacres and sideline pundits doing to help? Mostly nothing!

I agree too much bashing, bullshit and political games. A lot of immature folks in all directions. Dignity is not the qualification for most of posters. I know a lot of serious people are reading and have decided to stop posting in TV due to this daft stream...

Touche

no diffrent to Brisbane really, the QLD goverment was TOLD 3/4 months in advance to lower the dam levels AND prepare for abnormal rain season, to me its same same no one listens to the lowley unelected --it then ANNA cryed too, again same same

This is the subject n.2. And I must agree - she is not capable to lead Thai ppl. Perhaps she may lead Dubai'ans much better - who knows...no flooding happened there for the last million years AFAIK. :)

But here - all of us "cold hearted Falangs" can only watch this circus.

The U.S. Navy have Seabees are members of the United States Navy construction battalions. They are very skilled in dealing with disasters such as these.

There is also The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers they have approximately 34,000 dedicated Civilians and Soldiers delivering engineering services to customers in more than 90 countries worldwide.

But, all Thailand government has to do is contact either party for assistance.

(Deleted post edited out)

I do. My house is under water for a week now - but I do my best to keep fighting with it - while other Thais just disappeared from my mooban. Come here and gimme a hand, I'll show you the nearest pump without the operator (fled the scene last night)...

Or send me one or two those so-called "Thai leaders" - I do not care who will come. The pump is waiting, and we lack of hands now.

Edited by Scott
deleted quote edited out