Found Some Genuine New York Style Kosher Dills

I love pickles and used to love the ones they had in New York Jewish kosher delis. I have never, ever seen anything like it in Asia.

For deli lovers out there, you'll know the kind of pickles I'm talking about ;) These are the best pickles I've ever tasted short of the ones in USA and Canada.

They are available at Friendship near the bread/cheese/cold cuts a the front, brand is Satearn.

Butter is Better restaurant in Chiang Mai makes the real deal (dill) from time to time, but has problems with them because he does not use vinegar and the hot weather makes culturing the pickles correctly difficult. I have not had these type of pickles since I was a young child, so really enjoy them when they are available.

Thanks for advertising I hope your business succeeds but I don't think there that many Jews longing for Kosher dills on this forum.

Silly you.

post-37101-0-06937300-1319735744_thumb.j

I guess I'll have to stop eating sushi. Not Japanese, don't you know ...

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 months later...

For all you cynics, after doing a little web research I found the owner of Satearn's is someone named Bruno Vincent, not the original poster.

Apparently the original poster just found great pickles and wanted to share the information (kind of the purpose of this site, right)?

For those of you wondering about the brand, it is "Satearn's". They are in the refrigerator section. Must be kept chilled. I've bought them several times now and they have been excellent and consistent.

I found them also at Food Mart in Jomtien.

They are the real deal. You don't need to be Jewish. You just need a little bit of a discerning palate, maybe spent a little time in a serious food city like New York City, and recognize and appreciate real authentic versions great food we get back home, but often can't find over here..

These are the brine dill pickles (cloudy brine--no vinegar). My question is do they also make the crisper, slightly less intense "New pickles". You get both of these in a real New York deli like the Stage, Second Avenue Deli, etc. along with your 5" high pastrami sandwich.

Thanks for advertising I hope your business succeeds but I don't think there that many Jews longing for Kosher dills on this forum.

Silly you.

post-37101-0-06937300-1319735744_thumb.j

I guess I'll have to stop eating sushi. Not Japanese, don't you know ...

By that logic I guess Westerners wouldn't want to eat Thai food then, right?

Here's some advice for you winter; stay mute!