great pancakes and waffles

perfect bacon

delicous sausage

newspapers

great European dining room

most guests talk to each other

BEST 5 STAR MENSROOM

Go back and eat ALL you want.

The staff and Pascal are happy to see you happy!

Prices go up...its a fact of life.

I agree their are so many who who have rich wives and complain I think they are just poor folk.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casa Pascal gives FREE CAPPUCHINO

Are you sure or are you getting a special perk?

There is a sign near the cona jug saying "ask for coffee from the machine".

Personally I dont like cappuccino or carbonated soft drinks, but all are included.

Hot chocolate too, I think.

Indeed.

I also noticed that the Poseidon buffet in Jomtien, precursor of the Casa Pascal and now renamed Bistro Oscar, still charges the same old 175B (apparently without any +). So the price increases apparently spared them also.

I will have to try it one day.

Indeed.

I also noticed that the Poseidon buffet in Jomtien, precursor of the Casa Pascal and now renamed Bistro Oscar, still charges the same old 175B (apparently without any +). So the price increases apparently spared them also.

I will have to try it one day.

I did. They had good bread and decent breakfast items, but the lunch like items were very weak and limited compared to Pascal. I think Pascal is worth the extra money for that based on my limited experience of it for those that favor the lunch items like western soups, Thai noodles, etc.

Interesting. I will definitely go in there before long.

I think that if I was going at all often the "lunch" dishes would indeed be important. If it's just from time to time I would probably be happy with just the "breakfast" part.

That's good news.

I wonder by how much custom dropped at the higher price, and whether they received much bad feedback about it?

You can bet the house people didn't appreciate the flood surcharge excuse. I reckon they have backed off now to repair PR, but will raise the prices next year in a normal way.

(Poseidon buffet)

I did. They had good bread and decent breakfast items, but the lunch like items were very weak and limited compared to Pascal. I think Pascal is worth the extra money for that based on my limited experience of it for those that favor the lunch items like western soups, Thai noodles, etc.

I tried it the other day.

The cold meats and bread were good, as were the bacon and eggs. The mini-croissants were not nice. The coffee is good and the orange juice (you get one glass only, it seems) is real.

The salad items were a little dull, but OK. Some things suffered from being nearly immersed in cold water.

The hot items were OK, but not up to Casa Pascal standards. Desserts limited, but OK.

Much of the buffet is situated directly below a violent air-con outlet, which dries the bread out. The air-con in the main part of the restaurant doesn't seem to work as well though, and I found it hot and sticky. Also the tables are extremely close to eachother, and so it is hard to get out without knocking someone else's plates off their table. Not ideal in a self-service buffet. The lamp above the table is positioned in exactly the right place for you to knock your head on it when you get up, and I did so several times. Compared to the feeling of space at Casa Pascal's, this is not good.

The canned music was extraordinary. On arrival some fairly loud club music was playing. It was quite unpleasant and I nearly walked out. Then after about 20 minutes, the music suddenly changed to operatic tenor extracts. Bizarre. Then it moved on to 50s Bossa Nova, which was actually quite appropriate and pleasant. Then it went back to the operatic tenor again. Very odd indeed.

That said, Casa Pascal also has some very strange music on occasions.

The staff were pleasant and efficient.

With Poseidon at 175B I would also rather go to Casa Pascal at 187.50B