Prospering In Crisis

No, I'm not talking about hoarding or gouging.

Are there ways? Oh, yes, diversification... I forgot! You diversify to minimize loss or gain smaller than you would normally get. Yeah, that's very good and cool!

But are there better ways? Let's hear it.

It's good to have knowledge of facts but when you read too much of what other experts say even with your own knowledge very solid you become a confused man and never act and will never know TIMING. Timing is everything. If you are into Thai stocks, let me point you to some stocks that I had timed them well and made 250% in one year.

Look at TRUE, PTL, SSI, for example, and examine CAREFULLY how they have changed with the index and tell me what you think. Or, you don't understand how market operates?

Anyway, I want to hear what experts say especially pertaining to people in Thailand who invest.

Let's hear from the experts how to prosper. After all, cycles don't come often. For some, there aren't many cycles left in their life time!

I can't help, before going to bed, to make a dick of people who preach the text book case of diversification.

Diversification for what? To lose less than others?

Doesn't diversification depend on the state? If you know so much about diversification, do you also know when not to diversify and concentrate on something else?

I can't help, before going to bed, to make a dick of people who preach the text book case of diversification.

Diversification for what? To lose less than others?

Doesn't diversification depend on the state? If you know so much about diversification, do you also know when not to diversify and concentrate on something else?

Ah, my young Padawan . Yours is Rooky anaylsis, i thought the same way when i was a beginner and clueless investor. Now that i'm a Jedi investor i realize that yes you diversity to lose less than others during bad times and get nice gains during good times. Whereas people who do not diversity tend to lose everything during bad times and its game over.

Great thread you have started here muchogra. OK, here it goes.

Long term trends show that capital flows back and forth between the stock market and the commodities market. We are currently in the midst of a secular bull market in commodities.

With the current policies of the EU and the United States the current bull market in commodities will last much, much longer than the average 17 years.

Gold and silver are going to go much, much higher and will end in a bubble sometime between 2016 and 2020. The end of the bubble will be obvious because the price of gold and silver will go parabolic in their final stage. ie. double over a period of weeks.

In my opinion the current price of gold is quite possibly only 10 per cent of where it will end.

Also in my opinion, the price of silver is quite possibly only 3 or so per cent of where it will end.

The key is to own the precious metal itself. Studies show that on average, by owning the precious metal itself, you will end up 300 per cent better off than trying to pick the right mining companies to buy shares in.

I think a wise recommendation is to invest somewhere between 10 and 20 per cent of your net worth in gold and silver.

I personally buy my precious metals through The Perth Mint Depository Program. However, if you are not from Australia or New Zealand the minimum purchase amount is $US50,000.

There is also The Perth Mint Certificate Program sold through licensed brokers which I believe allow you to purchase gold and silver in smaller quantities. You will have to check out The Perth Mint website for the details on the PMCP.

P.S. I believe that, after precious metals, the best area to invest in is agriculture as the price of food is projected to go through the roof. One way to do this is through Jim Rogers' "Rogers' International Commodity Index". I have to admit though that I have not done this as, whilst I respect Jim Rogers enormously, he is nearly 70 years old and I worry about who will manage the RICI should he move on to the next world!

All the best.

Great thread you have started here muchogra. OK, here it goes.

Long term trends show that capital flows back and forth between the stock market and the commodities market. We are currently in the midst of a secular bull market in commodities.

With the current policies of the EU and the United States the current bull market in commodities will last much, much longer than the average 17 years.

Gold and silver are going to go much, much higher and will end in a bubble sometime between 2016 and 2020. The end of the bubble will be obvious because the price of gold and silver will go parabolic in their final stage. ie. double over a period of weeks.

In my opinion the current price of gold is quite possibly only 10 per cent of where it will end.

Also in my opinion, the price of silver is quite possibly only 3 or so per cent of where it will end.

The key is to own the precious metal itself. Studies show that on average, by owning the precious metal itself, you will end up 300 per cent better off than trying to pick the right mining companies to buy shares in.

I think a wise recommendation is to invest somewhere between 10 and 20 per cent of your net worth in gold and silver.

I personally buy my precious metals through The Perth Mint Depository Program. However, if you are not from Australia or New Zealand the minimum purchase amount is $US50,000.

There is also The Perth Mint Certificate Program sold through licensed brokers which I believe allow you to purchase gold and silver in smaller quantities. You will have to check out The Perth Mint website for the details on the PMCP.

P.S. I believe that, after precious metals, the best area to invest in is agriculture as the price of food is projected to go through the roof. One way to do this is through Jim Rogers' "Rogers' International Commodity Index". I have to admit though that I have not done this as, whilst I respect Jim Rogers enormously, he is nearly 70 years old and I worry about who will manage the RICI should he move on to the next world!

All the best.

Agree with agriculture as a good investment sector- i recently bought into MOS a stock listed in the US, its a phosphate fertilizer company . Its a 10-20 year buy and hold stock for me as food shortages/prices increase farmers are going to need much more of this stuff.