Non-B Visa In Laos

We planning to go get our first ever nonb in Laos a few days from now and just wanted to ask a few questions before we go. We are 2 people, British/Turkish. Thanks for any help!

First of all we have the nonb paper, and proof of address in Phuket but 20,000 baht proof is difficult, do we really need this? Are there any other things that might cause us problems getting the nonb visa?

How much would the cheapest 3rd class bus or train from Bangkok to Nongkai/Vientiene? Actually we are hitchhikers but if we can get a bus for under 500 we will just take it.

Cheers,

-Noz

What non-B paper, hope you mean the non-b papers, all of them.

You probably can get a single entry non-B in the UK with an invitation letter, but in SEA you must show more paperwork.

When I used to go on Non-B I never had to show any funds.

The non-B papers:

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province.

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

N.B.

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

- It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence

Edited by PoorSucker

Oh sorry, well the company I will work for said they will do all the stuff they need to, and I checked online which says other than that I just need proof of address and 20k, but as someone mentioned its also a requirement for the tourist visa but when I asked the consulate in penang they just kind of laughed about it and said i wouldnt need it. Laos is another country though. Anyone have any experience on this? The 20k thing is basically the only problem for us. Our banks are on the other side of the world and we dont have online banking.

Also 1 other thing that has come to my attention, someone said there is a 5 day holiday in Bangkok because of the flooding, we need to get a visa for Laos in Bangkok on Thursday, does anyone know if it will be open? If we cant get that the whole trip is doomed! :(

as a turkish citizen you need to get the Laos Visa in Bangkok at the Lao Embassy.

Turkish can not get the Laos Visa on arrival.

Currently the Royal Thai Embassy will not ask for the THB20k, most important for them is the WP3letter.

Without that letter no need to go.

Brgds

"Also 1 other thing that has come to my attention, someone said there is a 5 day holiday in Bangkok because of the flooding, we need to get a visa for Laos in Bangkok on Thursday, does anyone know if it will be open?"

Didn't that holiday start last Thursday?

• 1 month later...

Good Afternoon.

I am about to run to Lao for a Non-B visa as well, have secured a new job and need to get a new non-B visa. I have all the documents I am more concerned on the time it takes. Can this be done in 1 day, for example fly in on a Monday night, submit paperwork Tuesday morning and pick up the visa Tuesday Afternoon for a return flight Tuesday night or do I need to spend 2 nights in Laos for this?

Thank You in Advance

C

Thank you LopBuri3,

I assume that I must submit before noon and then come back the next day, or do I have to submit sooner than noon? Since there are no early morning flights to Laos, I have to fly in on Monday night, go to Embassy on Tuesday morning and plan a flight back on wednesday afternoon.

Bummer looks like two nights unless someone has another option.

regards

C

Thank you LopBuri3,

I assume that I must submit before noon and then come back the next day, or do I have to submit sooner than noon? Since there are no early morning flights to Laos, I have to fly in on Monday night, go to Embassy on Tuesday morning and plan a flight back on wednesday afternoon.

Bummer looks like two nights unless someone has another option.

regards

C

Hi cshort64, I just got back from Vientiane yesterday.

The Thai embassy there only allows entry for visa applications up until midday - if you are inside the compound, and have a queue number, they will still accept the application. You then need to return the following afternoon to pick up your passport. The gates open at 1:00 PM, but people queue outside from late morning. If timing is an issue for you, lopburi3's suggestion of flying to Udon Thani could cut it down to one night in Vientiane.

As an indication, I arrived at the Embassy on Tuesday morning around 10:15 and got ticket 227; my number was called about 1:15, and I submitted my documents without a hitch (I applied for a Non Imm "ED"), and then proceeded inside to pay. Using the same ticket, I waited inside for around 35 minutes until my number was called so I could pay. My visit was on the day after a Thai Public Holiday, so it might not be indicative of your visit.

On Wednesday, there was already about 100 people in the queue when we arrived at the Embassy around 12:20; however, the driver of the bus provided by the visa run company took our payment receipts and told us to wait in the shady cafe across the road. He turned up around 1:20 with all our passports. (I wasn't planning to use a visa run company, but the tuk tuk driver from the Nongkhai bus terminal dropped us off at one, and, in my tired and delirious state, it sounded like a great deal. In the end I was pretty happy I did it, as it made the whole process a lot easier.)

One tip I have: after you get your ticket number, go upstairs and copy the exit and entry stamps for your current trip, to include in your documentation, as the embassy staff were turning away everybody who hadn't.