Crisis A Blessing For Pattaya

toenail

The only people who want growth are those who want to make money - regardless of the long term consequences! :(

I understand where you are coming from, and you are right, growth = more business = more money to some, at least in the short term until "supplies run out" or the system becomes too unstable/exploitative to function. I am certain that virtually every person on the planet is being guided by a growth is always good mindset and do not even know they are being guided by it. All of us have been taught this from day one and the corporate media hammers it into us. It is certainly way past time to question this assumption. Some of us have been doing just that for over 30 years! To many "old timers," growth has destroyed Pattaya and is in the process of destroying Jomtien too. Certainly it has already destroyed Bangkok. That is too bad for younger generations. But it will never correct itself until the growth is always good concept is also destroyed and replaced with another concept that is sustainable.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if the world's marxists and communists subscribe to the growth is always good mantra you refer to....

The only people who want growth are those who want to make money - regardless of the long term consequences! :(

I understand where you are coming from, and you are right, growth = more business = more money to some, at least in the short term until "supplies run out" or the system becomes too unstable/exploitative to function. I am certain that virtually every person on the planet is being guided by a growth is always good mindset and do not even know they are being guided by it. All of us have been taught this from day one and the corporate media hammers it into us. It is certainly way past time to question this assumption. Some of us have been doing just that for over 30 years! To many "old timers," growth has destroyed Pattaya and is in the process of destroying Jomtien too. Certainly it has already destroyed Bangkok. That is too bad for younger generations. But it will never correct itself until the growth is always good concept is also destroyed and replaced with another concept that is sustainable.

Edited by tailspin