What Will Happen To All The Sandbags?

StoneSoup

God only knows how many "soon to become irrelevant" sandbags are presently stacked up across Bangkok. I would think that even a number as large as 1,000,000 might apply.

So - given the sterling civic mindedness of your average Thai homeowner or businessman - what are the chances that the khlongs of Bangkok will not end up as the natural depository for hundreds of thousands of sandbags and demolished hasty brick-works?

It would be nice of the BMA would get out in front of events - and provide an alternative attractive solution to disposal of sandbags - but I will guess that this is asking too much of the Thai brain trust.

We shall continue to live in interesting times .....

SS

Around my way just after there has been a flood, my neighbors sneek back to the area where the sandbags are situated and lift them away.

Have no idea what they do with them. Probably sell them somewhere or are used for building their outhouses or new homes.

If they have had flood water on them.... You definitely do not want to make a childrens sand pit with them....urggggg god knows whats floating around in that water.

Most if not all of the sand will be used for building. it's up to you what you want to do with them but storing used wet sandbags...no thanks.

I need 3000 m3 of dirt to fill a rai of land in Rangsit. I'm hoping to get a bunch of them for free. Anyone in northern Bangkok or Pathumthani that is looking for a good home to dump their used sandbags is welcome to contact me for directions.

Sand isn't suitable for the whole thing, but it is a good enough filler when mixed with a few truckloads of conventional soil.