Flooding, Where To Go?

WebBangkok

Hi,

My office is in Bang Kae and I live in Nong Khaem and just heard both could experience 2 and a half meters of water.

My office will be closed obviously and is located on the 2nd floor, so I am not worried about that. My house has 2 levels so we do have a safe place just incase it does reach 2 and a half meters.

As the water is at the level of our doors, we probaly will get some water in the house tomorrow if the sandbags and water sealants fail.

The thing is I have a 2 year old daughter which is the main concern. The water looks like crap would like to know if would there be any waterbourne diseases or something in there?

I am thinking about leaving but where is a good place? ANyone know if Kanchanaburi is full or other places?

Thanks

Don

It's lovely and dry up here in Isaan. Evening temperature in the mid to low twenties, chilly even when the wind blows. During the day, the thermometer might hit 30 but the wind still blows.

I just discovered as well that the Isaan folk are very fascinated by the night sky (I have Star Walk on my iPhone) so my next purchase is gonna be a telescope. You will see a night sky here like you've never seen in Bkk.

You/family are welcome to come and stay here (Khantaralak, SiSaket province) for as long as the floods last if you are in a bind. We have spare rooms in a western-style (ish) house. Thai wife and two kids (one 2 yr old). No charge and no floods. PM if needed.

Op... you want to be making plans to get out TOMORRO or Thursday AM by the latest.

If you leave it later you may not make it. The water from Thonburi is slowly making it's way to the coast and your in the way.

What vehicle do you have? if you go further up into Kanchanaburi they still have lots of vacancies but it's filling up.

here is the a flood picture and you are in the way. It's going to get A LOT worse before it gets better. I feel sorry for those on Samut Songkhram they are going to have this flood the longest

post-62652-0-04507300-1320086517_thumb.j

"The thing is I have a 2 year old daughter which is the main concern. The water looks like crap would like to know if would there be any waterbourne diseases or something in there?"

Highly likely, and the WHO is warning about it already.

If I were you I would clear out for the duration, if only because being flooded is a total pain.

It's lovely and dry up here in Isaan. Evening temperature in the mid to low twenties, chilly even when the wind blows. During the day, the thermometer might hit 30 but the wind still blows.

Psst! Don't tell too loud. I enjoy the calmness and the well stocked little shops and markets ;)

Greetings from Chum Phae.

Agree that Cha-Am is a good place never too busy and lots of friendly locals always rooms available from 5* to guest houses.

what! even now. they have LOTS of rooms available?

Yes, when they didn't extend the holidays in the flooded areas many had to head back to Bangkok to start work so vacancies available.

To all members who live in the outer skirts of Bangkok and who are dry at the moment. I think you should be prepared, the water last Friday was 10kms from me, On Sunday we has a very little amount come through the drains outside the house.

Yesterday it rose 20 cms and today so far its rose about 30 cms and still rising. It can happen very fast, I thought last week there would be no flood here. So just be prepared just in case I say.

Anyways I am relocating to CHon Buri now, got a friend who will let me stay at one of his rental properties which is a 3 bedroom house for 4k a month until the flood pisses off............... *fist pump*

I have read many "ill-timed" (profanity eliminated) and disgusting remarks on many threads for many days, but yours shows me that there are some people out there that really do understand the severity of the situation. Opening your home up to an unknown individual through this thread is a gutsy and maybe some would say "stupid" move, but you must be commended on the fact that you did. I have a house in Bangkok with 1.5 meters of water on the first floor, but I also have a house in another province where I live with a spare bedroom. I have opened my house to friends who have no place to go, but I don't know if I could do it to some one that I didn't know through a thread like this. Congratulations on your understanding and generosity!

You/family are welcome to come and stay here (Khantaralak, SiSaket province) for as long as the floods last if you are in a bind. We have spare rooms in a western-style (ish) house. Thai wife and two kids (one 2 yr old). No charge and no floods. PM if needed.