Pakistan V England Test Series

Old Croc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah MrBoj. It isn't looking much better at the tea break either. I'm afraid a win for this series is just about out of the question. It looks as though a draw is the most probable outcome in this match.

At tea:

England 107-5. 3 ducks for the England openers, Tres, Strauss and Bell, with Vaughan only notching up 9, making a grand total of 11 runs in this test. I can see the light (or lack of it) saving us from the set total of overs, we shouldn't have more than 20 to play out, we will be able to do it, a draw that is.

I'm sure we can expect a fairly dead pitch for the third test, they won't want to give us too much encouragement in trying to level things. More than likely it will be a draw as well and Pakistan will win the series.

Yeah, I sort of agree, we will have to do something special to win the next match in lahore. I hear that fog and bad light can be a problem at this time of year, so a full 5 days of uninterupted play seems unlikely. Pakistan will be missing one or two keys plays, namely Afridi, but I still think it will come down to the toss, if we can win the toss, I think we may have a slight chance to level the series and earn a draw.

The Pakistanis looked a bit deflated today. I wonder how England from 20/4 managing to save a draw will affect their brittle confidence.

I think full marks to England. They could have played it like the Atherton era, and blocked everything from the start, but this time the openers went out there with the purpose of winning the match, and when things turned pears shaped, the lower order got stuck in for the draw. However in these circumstances, I think a change in the order should have been tried,like putting Jones and Flintoff to open with Pieterson coming in at number three.

Pakistan needed to declare a bit earlier in order to win, that would have also given us a shout but they would have bowled us out as we went for our shots. Leaving us just two sessions to survive was always making it a tall order for them to win.

Third test started with a good opening until Shoaib Malik woke up to cut through the top order in time for lunch. Now a draw looks further away than at the beginning of today or may be a repeat performance of the second test?.

So sad......     22  measly runs! Congrats to Pakistan for showing true character. Yorkshire grit maybe?

:D Fosa

What goes around.........

You won the Ashes by 2 measly runs!

And you Drew one of the Tests by your last wicket :D

So...so what....we thrashed u lot in the First Test, something u never returned to us in that series and u didnt win the series, Australia lost it.....

And now ur struggling aganist Pakistan... :o:D

I see the much vaunted English, four pronged pace attack, managed to skittle eight Pakistani batsmen for only 636 runs in their first innings.

Flintoff with 1/111 and Harmison with 1/154 were the main destroyers.

Despite these heroic efforts, it seems likely Englands recently acquired best team in the world title might be changing hands in the sub continent. :o:D:D

I see the much vaunted English, four pronged pace attack, managed to skittle eight Pakistani batsmen for only 636 runs in their first innings.

Despite these heroic efforts, it seems likely Englands recently acquired best team in the world title might be changing hands in the sub continent. :o  :D  :D

Yeah, yeah, Old Croc. You can now get ready to do your "Death Roll" it looks like we have been well and truly whipped in this one. :D

Despite these heroic efforts, it seems likely Englands recently acquired best team in the world title might be changing hands in the sub continent. :o  :D  :D

Yeah, yeah, Old Croc. You can now get ready to do your "Death Roll" it looks like we have been well and truly whipped in this one. :D

:D:D

Yup, no excuses - we simply were not prepared to face a quality side in these conditions, we weren't good enough.

Close of play: 121-2 Trescothick trapped leg before off shaoib's second ball.

A full days batting ahead for England, I'm not too confident we'll see it out. A deserved 2-0 series win for Pakistan seems inevitable.

See old croc and siam superfly, gracious in defeat - we don't need excuses :o

Can't wait for the ODIs, they should be extremely interesting, not to mention entertaining.

Well done Pakistan

Despite these heroic efforts, it seems likely Englands recently acquired best team in the world title might be changing hands in the sub continent. :D  :D  :D

Old Croc, but wasnt it Lampard who was shouting out about how England had the best pace attack in the WORLD :o:D ......maybe Lampard has forgotten about that now.....also Pro Fart and his great insights into the workings of the English team......not seeing any of that now....not seeing any English wins either ... :D ....

See old croc and siam superfly, gracious in defeat - we don't need excuses  :D

A lot more gracious than some were in victory a couple of months ago :D

Thanks for linking me with the maggot, you're off my xmas card list :D

[/quote

By ur signature Old Croc...I'd say that ur spending way to much time in NaNa disco........forget those free lancers/bg's Old Croc....they are a waste of time......

Then again, they maybe the best u can do.... :o

England lost the third test by an innings and 100 runs.

Pakistan won the test series 2-0.

Commiserations

(that means condolences, Supermouth. Whoops you won't understand that either. Sorry)

to the Australian team for having lost the Ashes to such a sorry lot of capitulators as the England team in this series. :o

We were pathetic. I hate Superfly for saying we would win this one.

We were atrocious. No excuses at all.

We have a young side and they should learn from this.

Personally I would not have played Shaun Udal as he is a utter <deleted> and I wonder why they took Alex Loudon and Alistair Cook in the first place only to leave them out in favour of old men.

Still that said, we still won the ashes.......... :o