Pakistan V England Test Series

Old Croc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are any of you brits going to talk about the cricket?

First test result - Pakistan won by 22 runs. 1-0 up in series. :D

It's too hot out there and the England openers for got to put on their sunblock, so they couldn't stay out in the sun for very long :o:D

Edited by mrbojangles

So sad......     22  measly runs! Congrats to Pakistan for showing true character. Yorkshire grit maybe?

:D Fosa

What goes around.........

You won the Ashes by 2 measly runs!

And you Drew one of the Tests by your last wicket :o

Alas all we needed was a Thorpe type of player in there at the end and it would have been different.

I recall we lost the first test of the last series we played and then dominated the remainder of that series but off the top of my head I can't recall the opponents........ :o

One positive is that this side are still on an upward learning curve and hopefully they will learn from this defeat.

So sad......     22  measly runs! Congrats to Pakistan for showing true character. Yorkshire grit maybe?

:D Fosa

What goes around.........

You won the Ashes by 2 measly runs!

And you Drew one of the Tests by your last wicket :o

True. :D

Alas all we needed was a Thorpe type of player in there at the end and it would have been different.

I recall we lost the first test of the last series we played and then dominated the remainder of that series but off the top of my head I can't recall the opponents........ :o

One positive is that this side are still on an upward learning curve and hopefully they will learn from this defeat.

I'll never forget! It was Australia :D:D

If the Pakis win this series do they become the best side in the world? :D

I think Pakistan have always frustrated with their utter inconsistency. I'd reserve judgment on any claims they may have to being the best in the World until they have strung a few series wins together. That said, they can be as brilliant as any side in the World on one day and as frustrating as a local schoolboy team on another.

Theres still two tests to go and I feel we have yet to see the best of England and the worst of Pakistan.

It was a very dissapointing batting display today. However, it's been an entertaining test match with momentum swinging several times from one team to the other.

Hopefully the other matches continue to provide enough entertainment to justify me continuing to haul myself out of bed at 4.30 am for the start.

We were unlucky, we should have won given the position we found ourselves in before the days play, but no excuses, Pakistan played well and I think Ul-haq needs to take some praise for his captaincy.

My prediction is a draw for the series, I can't see much play in the third test particularly, of course I hope I'm wrong

If the Pakis win this series do they become the best side in the world? :o

Hey croc, i know you didn't mean that as racist, calling them "Pakis" but here in the UK we can't say that or we'd be done for racism. A wacky world eh! :D

My prediction is a draw for the series, I can't see much play in the third test particularly, of course I hope I'm wrong

I concur. The next Test is in Faisalabad and apparently it is prone to mist and fog at this time of year, so there's a good chance they won't get to play the full 5 day's.

Hey croc, i know you didn't mean that as racist, calling them "Pakis" but here in the UK we can't say that or we'd be done for racism. A wacky world eh!  :o

Yet it is perfectly fine for us to be called Brits. Both are just abbreviations of our nationality, yet one is racist, the other isn't. Certainly a 'wacky world' mrbojangles. (sorry for offtopic)

To make this post slightly more relevant...

England vice-captain Marcus Trescothick is considering heading home from the tour of Pakistan after his father-in-law was injured falling off a ladder.

It is not known how serious the injury is but it is enough for Trescothick, who stood in as captain in the first Test defeat at Multan, to give returning home some thought.

The loss of Trescothick would add to England's batting problems as they wait on the fitness of captain Michael Vaughan ahead of the second Test in Faisalabad on Sunday.

Vaughan was forced to miss the Multan match after twisting his knee in the final warm-up game.

England are also likely to lose Andrew Strauss for the third Test as the opener intends to fly home for the birth of his child.

England have already brought in batting cover by calling up Essex's Alastair Cook last week.

Losing Trescothick would leave the England selectors searching for a new captain for the Faisalabad Test, should Vaughan fail to prove his fitness.

Strauss is seen by many as a future England skipper, but his likely absence for the third Test would probably rule him out.

All-rounder Andrew Flintoff and spinner Ashley Giles are the other men who would be considered for the role.

All-rounder Andrew Flintoff and spinner Ashley Giles are the other men who would be considered for the role.

I hope that doesn't happen. I don't know who would be best as replacement Captain but in my view, it's not best to be Captaining and Bowling. Just the same as i think it's never a good idea to have a Goalkeeper the captain in a football team. Just my opinion.

If the Pakis win this series do they become the best side in the world? :o

Hey croc, i know you didn't mean that as racist, calling them "Pakis" but here in the UK we can't say that or we'd be done for racism. A wacky world eh! :blink:

I concur. The next Test is in Faisalabad and apparently it is prone to mist and fog at this time of year, so there's a good chance they won't get to play the full 5 day's.

Not considered racist in Australia, just a shortened version of their nationality. I'll keep it in mind next time I'm in the UK. :D

In the second test the Pakistanis scored  462 in their first innings. The English side is 3/113 in reply.

I have to admit, it's looking quite grim for us. The Pakistanis may well have this series won.

An interesting days play yesterday. An exploding gas cylinder in the crowd had the players sh1tting themselves.

Inzaman was run out when the bowler, Harmison, fielded the ball and threw at the stumps causing Inzi to jump out of the way. The ball hit the wicket while he was in the air and the 3rd umpire called out (apparently outside the rules).

Then late in the day, during a drinks break, Afridi was caught on camera scuffing up the pitch with his boots. He subsequently received a 1 test match and 2 ODI games suspension.

:o

In the second test the Pakistanis scored  462 in their first innings. The English side is 3/113 in reply.

I have to admit, it's looking quite grim for us. The Pakistanis may well have this series won.

An interesting days play yesterday. An exploding gas cylinder in the crowd had the players sh1tting themselves.

Inzaman was run out when the bowler, Harmison, fielded the ball and threw at the stumps causing Inzi to jump out of the way. The ball hit the wicket while he was in the air and the 3rd umpire called out (apparently outside the rules).

Then late in the day, during a drinks break, Afridi was caught on camera scuffing up the pitch with his boots. He subsequently received a 1 test match and 2 ODI games suspension.

3 matches, suspension

shocking playmanship pakis cheat

3 matches, suspension

shocking playmanship pakis cheat

Careful Bronc. You can't say Pakis, you'll upset the Poms :D:D:D

We've dragged ourselves back into it today. If we can gain parity in the remainder of our 1st innings then the game should move towards a draw. I can't see us bowling Pakistan out cheaply and they will probably bat on for too long in order to prevent us having a chance of winning, but at the same time maybe leaving themselves without the time to bowl us out in our 2nd innings.

Careful Bronc. You can't say Pakis, you'll upset the Poms :D  :D  :D

What's upsetting Croc, is all this PC garbage. In the UK we CAN'T say "Pakis" we are not allowed to say it, or we risk being prosecuted for racism :o

It's barking mad, Brit is short for British, Aussie is short for Australian, Thai is short for Thailand, but Paki is short for "a trip to jail and a fine" :D That's what's upsetting

Anyway, back on topic.

Close of play:- Pakistan 462 v England 391-7

looking a bit better now

Edited by mrbojangles

What's upsetting Croc, is all this PC garbage. In the UK we CAN'T say "Pakis" we are not allowed to say it, or we risk being prosecuted for racism :o

It's barking mad, Brit is short for British, Aussie is short for Australian, Thai is short for Thailand, but Paki is short for "a trip to jail and a fine" :D That's what's upsetting

Anyway, back on topic.

looking a bit better now

Yes, I know MrB. I wasn't having a go at you, just the unique social problems that have spawned in Britain. I fear Australia is heading the same way albiet on a smaller scale at this stage.

Anyway, back on topic.

looking a bit better now

Amen to that !!

Better performance from the lads today, Pakistan finished on 183-6 (199 runs ahead). Inzi is the key wicket for tommorrow, if we can get him out cheaply in the first few overs, I think Pakistan will put up little resistance. With a bit of luck we may get almost a full day to chase down what I imagine will be about 250. I think we're in for a chance, but this pitch is deteriorating, albeit with a little assistance from the Pakis.

Inzamam got lucky a couple of times today, should of been out. I suppose it makes up for his dismissal in the first innings, but he still should have been gone. If we'd got him as well i would have thought we had a reasonable chance. We'll have to run through their tail for next to nothing tomorrow morning to retain the possibility of a win. As it is i think we're still looking at a draw, providing we don't collapse ourselves.

Looking very dodgy at the moment. Just when you need a good innings from your openers. Could do with another good Pieterson and Flintoff, partnership.

Current score:-

Pakistan 1st Innings 462 all out (115.4 overs)

Pakistan 2nd Innings 268 for 9 (93.1 overs)

England 1st Innings 446 all out (132.3 overs)

England 2nd Innings 85 for 4 (24.2 overs)

England behind by 199