PM Yingluck Denies Being Indecisive In Solving Flood Crisis

webfact

PM Denies Being Indecisive in Solving Flood Crisis

The prime minister insists she has not been weak or indecisive in handling the current flood crisis but states that new factors emerge everyday, making her job difficult.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra affirmed that the Sam Wa sluice gate is being repaired by officials from the Royal Irrigation Department, the Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

Yingluck stated that new factors emerge everyday concerning the current flood crisis so it is not a matter of her being weak or indecisive about the situation as is being claimed.

She mentioned the Sam Wa sluice gate situation, saying that she wanted officials to clarify with locals about the necessity of keeping the floodgate shut.

This has been successful, so the next step now is to repair the damage caused by locals when they tried to force the floodgate open.

The prime minister said drainage in Bangkok over the past few days has been hampered by the arrival of more northern runoffs as well as the high sea tide but she is confident the Saen Saeb Canal can take in more water.

Pumps will be installed to speed up the canal's drainage of water out to sea.

She added that the international community understands the situation in Thailand and she is ready to provide additional clarification at the upcoming APEC meeting in Hawaii in mid-November.

Yingluck said the proposal to establish a water ministry is just one of several issues being considered at this time but what is most pressing is the restructuring of solutions to address the flooding by drafting a master plan that will include input from experts from all sectors.

Priority will be given to managing dams. She confirmed that the nation's dams were at full capacity when she took office, so her administration is not responsible for the mismanagement of dam drainage.

The PM also denied claims that she discussed the flood crisis with her brother, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, via Skype.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-02

footer_n.gif

The PM also denied claims that she discussed the flood crisis with her brother, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, via Skype.

Find that a bit hard to believe dont you ? but she is most likely telling the truth....she hasnt been talking to him on Skype, but talking to him to via telephone/email :rolleyes:

Can she do anything MORE constructive than just a verbal fights??????

A million words won't stop water!

Who the heck now wants to know the details of her skype chats, whrn the water knocking to SOOO many doors countrywide?

And all she can decide now is to blahblahblah to her cronies...:annoyed:

What did you expect. Yes, I have been useless. This is hardly a real news story.

I think you have the beginnings of her resignation speech.

I don't think so.

And anyway...if (just IF) she resign tomorrow or next month - what will be changed here? There will be another moron, and everything will be running exactly the same. The only faces changing on the election banners - but not the things around!

Being here for decades, I hardly care who it is on power now. Why? Because all of them exactly the same. Same menthality, same environment...same greeds, ambitions and lack of common sense/education/etc.

Here will be NO changes whoever is in power right now. Not in this life. First they must change their way of thinking, which of course WILL NOT happen in the seen future. Don't even think of it.

What did you expect. Yes, I have been useless. This is hardly a real news story.

Very likely.

Almost certainly the reason that deputy PM Chalerm has been MIA for about a month. Needs to keep his reputation "clean". Let Yingluck get tainted by all this indecision and disastrous flood management. When the public finally has enough and revolts, Chalerm can come riding in to save the day on his white horse/pink bentley.

How can Yingluck possibly deny being indecisive? One day its evacuate bkk. the next its the worst is over, said as the water is still rising. Utterly useless. In fact, these constant lies are worse than useless.

Can she do anything MORE constructive than just a verbal fights??????

A million words won't stop water!

Who the heck now wants to know the details of her skype chats, whrn the water knocking to SOOO many doors countrywide?

And all she can decide now is to blahblahblah to her cronies...:annoyed:

The question is: why TF does this even make it into the news section?

I assume, someone wants to trigger a reaction...and judging from most posts here: very succesfully so!

She is being decisive about the issue of her being indecisive.

"Pumps will be installed to speed up the canal's drainage of water out to sea."

Oh, yes. The ones from Korea will be installed, but when? Brother's coming back in December....jap.gif

Edited by sirchai

I assume, someone wants to trigger a reaction...and judging from most posts here: very succesfully so!

Wasnt there no any "reaction" yet?

On the streets out there, I meant. You may try to go out and ask locals about the great support of their beloved govt. Hope you able to run fast and long enough... :rolleyes:

Edited by alexakap

Wasn't it Abhisit in the first place that ordered the filling of the dams due to the drought earlier in the year... Yes she may be a puppet... Yes she may not have a clue what she is doing, but then again has anyone of the last 6 years done anything of merit for the people of Thailand... Until the constant backhanders finish, nothing will be done properly

She was very decisive when she gave in to the mob that was destroying the flood gate.

Now we have to add to the stress level the Atoms for Peace nuclear reactor, supposedly able to stand two tonnes of water pressure (which doesn't sound strong enough to me ... unless it was a translation error).

I don't think so.

And anyway...if (just IF) she resign tomorrow or next month - what will be changed here? There will be another moron

well, if the shoe fits, Thaksin is due back in a few weeks.

She won't be resigning just yet, but it's on the horizon and taking jingthing's tactic is probably a good choice for her eventual exit.

, and everything will be running exactly the same. The only faces changing on the election banners - but not the things around!

Being here for decades, I hardly care who it is on power now. Why? Because all of them exactly the same. Same menthality, same environment...same greeds, ambitions and lack of common sense/education/etc.

Here will be NO changes whoever is in power right now. Not in this life. First they must change their way of thinking, which of course WILL NOT happen in the seen future. Don't even think of it.

The only thing changed will be no more middleman, errr... middlewoman.

She was very decisive when she gave in to the mob that was destroying the flood gate.

Now we have to add to the stress level the Atoms for Peace nuclear reactor, supposedly able to stand two tonnes of water pressure (which doesn't sound strong enough to me ... unless it was a translation error).

It will be a translation error, believe they are talking about the concrete walls of the reactor pool which are 1.0m thick, they will take a lot more loading than 2 tons of water pressure acting on them, in addtion believe the reactor is already shut down as well

It will be a translation error, believe they are talking about the concrete walls of the reactor pool which are 1.0m thick, they will take a lot more loading than 2 tons of water pressure acting on them, in addtion believe the reactor is already shut down as well

thanks for clearing that up !!!!!

The prime minister insists she has not been weak or indecisive in handling the current flood crisis but states that new factors emerge everyday, making her job difficult.

No belief in teamwork it would seem from the comment above.

Mind you many of the hand picked cabinet cronies headed for the hills as soon as they got wind of what was happening.

No doubt big brother thought he could handle it all and then look as if he had ridden in on his big white charger.

Here is the reality of that situation. carthorse.png.

Edited by siampolee

On the streets out there, I meant. You may try to go out and ask locals about the great support of their beloved govt. Hope you able to run fast and long enough... :rolleyes:

Sorry...misread govt for govenor.

But still I guess, which locals you ask!

Edited by DocN

She is doing a great job

no wait .. she is not doing a great job

Well, she is trying her best to do a good job

No no, she is not trying

Wait, I think she is trying to make us think she is doing a good job

Maybe she is doing a good job

Truth is, I can't decide what she is doing, is she doing anything or nothing?

Find that a bit hard to believe dont you ? but she is most likely telling the truth....she hasnt been talking to him on Skype, but talking to him to via telephone/email :rolleyes:

I presume her reply / comment is in response to a useless question by a useless journalist. Who gives a flying rat's ass who she has been talking to about the floods? A totally irrelevant point, except to try and score some cheap political points. And guess what? Some TVF posters did not disappoint. The first reply to the article picks up on this totally irrelevant point followed by the usual gaggle of posters who can think of nothing better to do with their time other than to waste bandwidth. How much more intelligent we farangs would seem if we would instead discuss the priorities as laid out in the report.

PM preparing master plan on water management

Piyanart Srivalo

The Nation

30169075-01.jpg

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is preparing a national masterplan to manage water flow in the Kingdom to prevent major disasters, dismissing allegations of lack of leadership and indecision.

"What I want to do now is to have a national master plan, which all Thais and foreign countries like to see, to manage water in the country. The plan would mobilise all real experts to work in the same direction. Today, we have [taken] so many directions which never worked," she said.

Prime Minister Yingluck is now under heavy criticism for her inability to handle a major natural disaster as the country, notably the capital, has been inundated for weeks. Yingluck said her government was decisive enough in handling the situation but there were so many factors - not only public demand but also technical problems. In making a simple decision to open a sluice gate to let water flow, the government needed to consult many agencies including the Irrigation Department, National Flood Relief Operation Command and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, and local residents, as well as considering technical aspects on the ground, she said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-02

Or be a FROCing fast swimmer.:lol: