Missed The Bus

T_Dog

Not many people know that you can take a bus from Helsinki to Chiang Mai. From Chiang Mai it will go to Malaysia and then to Australia headed for Alaska from what I understand. Does anyone have any links to the schedule? It leaves soon from Pattaya for Alaska via Australia. A fun trip if you like hanging out with crazy Finns.

And is there a stopping service as well, or just the express?

SC

EDIT: I love the comments - "a bus is very tiring";

reminds me of the Thurso-boy's comments before I left

"sure and if I was choosing somewhere to live, I don't think I'd move to Hong Kong"

Edited by StreetCowboy

What's the timescale? I once went from Helsinki to St. Petersburg in the daily train. That took long enough.

What about all the visas they need?

Self induced nightmare IMHO. The plane is no particular fun, but that's for me. I'll do without the adventure,

I should also imagine that it would cost a lot more than the equvalent plane trip.

As somebody said, what about breakdowns? What if somebody gets seriously ill, especially the driver (s?)

What's the timescale? I once went from Helsinki to St. Petersburg in the daily train. That took long enough.

Self induced nightmare IMHO. The plane is no particular fun, but that's for me. I'll do without the adventure,

I should also imagine that it would cost a lot more than the equvalent plane trip.

As somebody said, what about breakdowns? What if somebody gets seriously ill, especially the driver (s?)

Why would anyojne want to go from Helsinki to Australia by bus? That would be lunacy. Unlike taking a bus from Helsinki to Australia. Its not the going, its the taking.

I cycled to somewhere near Dunfermline once. I'd not recommend that farm, nor the chip shop, but it was still a nice trip. Sometimes the goal is the journey, not the destination.

Let's face it, if we were that worried about the destination rather than the journey, we'd spend less time drinking and whoring as we shuffled our way through this morbid mortal coil

SC

Which road will they take to get from Australia to Alaska?

The high road, it's always better to take the high road don't you think?:jap:

You take the high road, I'll take the low road...

Does this count as a bump in the road?

SC

Why would anyojne want to go from Helsinki to Australia by bus? That would be lunacy. Unlike taking a bus from Helsinki to Australia. Its not the going, its the taking.

I cycled to somewhere near Dunfermline once. I'd not recommend that farm, nor the chip shop, but it was still a nice trip. Sometimes the goal is the journey, not the destination.

Let's face it, if we were that worried about the destination rather than the journey, we'd spend less time drinking and whoring as we shuffled our way through this morbid mortal coil

SC

High Valleyfield mush have sounded attractive in the auction rooms....

SC

It was the start of Wee Chookie's training for a ride from Land's End to John O'Groats. I believe they never got there, giving up somewhere North of Wick. Its the journey, not the destination...

SC

SC

It was the start of Wee Chookie's training for a ride from Land's End to John O'Groats. I believe they never got there, giving up somewhere North of Wick. Its the journey, not the destination...

SC

I climbed up Benarty hill once. Great views from the top....and no need for any cycling.

SC

SC

I climbed up Benarty hill once. Great views from the top....and no need for any cycling.

I've never spent much time in the Kingdom of Fife, nor ever been to the Kingdom of Man. Nor the Emerald Isle. Maybe I should go on a bus tour...

SC