Briton Found Guilty Of Murdering Thai Wife For Smashing His Star Wars Toys

Buchholz

Star Wars toys? He should get life just for that.

I knew an American Guy who's house was full of these toys who treated his lovely and gentle Thai wife like Sh**. The toys were more important than she. The house was full of this cr*p, she couldn't have proper furniture or dust these things (they were absolutely covered in dust, the toys that is!). Eventually she walked out on him. Strikes me as an obsession and these guys are probably quite well into the autistic scale somewhere. I wonder if the guy in Leigh had a mental health assessment?

Autistic? Are you quite sure?

This tragedy was the result of a person who was clearly dysfunctional and presumably had anger management issues. Nothing to do with autism which is something completely different. To state so is to do a great disservice to autistic people and their loving families who can lead quite normal and productive lives.

Best you engage your brain before you open your mouth!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This story is interesting to me because I have many many model trains...and my thai wife sometimes jokingkly threatens to smash them up in her stony nam-phrik mortar...if I were ever jao-choo to her.....

Let us say that my wife in anger smashed up my trains.

I would be devastated and supremely angry with her.

But, I wouldn't go so far as to murder her for it...

We have been happily married for 3 years and we now have a baby boy...and I have 54 locomotives and 100+ wagons...No my aim is to safeguard my trains from my little boy, who would lovingly throw them about if he had access to them...

This story is interesting to me because I have many many model trains...and my thai wife sometimes jokingkly threatens to smash them up in her stony nam-phrik mortar...if I were ever jao-choo to her.....

We have been happily married for 3 years and we now have a baby boy...and I have 54 locomotives and 100+ wagons...No my aim is to safeguard my trains from my little boy, who would lovingly throw them about if he had access to them...

Thomas and his friends ?

Personally speaking, I've had plenty of occasions where I was provoked... sometimes even to the point of severe provocation and yet... I never murdered anyone over it.

I dare say that billions can also say the same thing.

2 more out of the billions...

Excuse me, but I don't know why he was sentenced for life. What does that do? He was angry and lost it. Anybody could have done the same thing if under enough stress and rage. A tragedy, yes, but throwing somebody in prison for the rest of their life solves nothing.

Actually "anybody" would not do the same thing if under enough stress and rage. There is obviously a serious problem with somebody who cannot control their rage let alone their need to kill another human being who poses them no immediate threat. Something is very scary in the fact you believe this to be a normal reaction that could happen to anybody.

One can only wonder what you would be saying if this murdered young women was your daughter.

It is irrelevant what nationality or race the girl is.

I'm sure that these guys would not ever consider marrying a prostitute in their own country and expect the girl to conveniently fall into the guy's mode of lifestyle.

Some years ago a close friend married a Thai bar girl then took her back to the UK with him. They had 3 children together, but this did not change the girl's old ways.

She would sometimes go off to the local pub and disappear until the following morning, arriving home with a hangover from drink and drugs. She even had an affair with her husband`s close friend, plus after a few drinks she was anybodies, I mean that litually.

At one time the couple had a blazing argument resulting with the girl being thrown from a first floor window at the family home. She broke her back and her husband was sentenced to 2 years imprisonment.

There are some smashing Thai girls around if you choose carefully and stay well away from the underclass sectors of Thai society.

Again and another *bar girls are all dirt"- guy.

Guess what? My first thai GF was educated, worked in the management of a big hotel, spoke good english...and was the biggest slut I ever met.

And I have a friend, who is married to bar girl. Careing mother of 2, not slutty at all, drinks little to no alcohol and is a nice warhearted person.

But the world is easier in black & white, right?!

"And I have a friend, who is married to bar girl. Careing mother of 2, not slutty at all, drinks little to no alcohol and is a nice warhearted person."

Warmhearted ? :D

Ps. Not a dig at you, just a nice unintentional pun !

I saw that, but it was late at night, so I couldn't be bothered to edit it. Than Ithough "...hmmmm....let's see..."! laugh.gif

Thomas and his friends ?

No...mostly trix(german), athearn and some chinese stuff...

Thomas and his friends ?

My son is nuts on Thomas ,he knows all their names .

Thomas and his friends ?

My son is nuts on Thomas ,he knows all their names .

I hope that my son also develops such an interest...One day he must inherit all my trains....

Imagine, I even paid 6k baht as a 'gesture of good will' to the merry agents and customs officials to release the trains from the Port...

If he is Mr. La Touche, then surely she must have been Mrs. La Touche?

Theoretically yes but in practice not necessary as ladies are permitted to keep the their former names on marriage

It is quite legal for a man to take his new wife's family name.

Maybe he decided to take his new wife's stage name .

Not labeling the origins of this couple, but one significant reason for these 'types' of couples (those that are socio-economically mismatched with virtually nothing in common) is the simulated 'meeting' scene they have here that is really just for entertainment. Too many people (from both sides) take it too seriously and for whatever reason make marriage the next step..... when the next logical step is really just breakfast at a Taco Cabana or IHOP and then you part ways, just like in one's college days.

:)

It's quite coincidental but right now on UK tv Derren Brown has been running shows that I think show nearly anyone can be conditioned to do things they wouldn't normally do. Including murder. I don't watch the shows myself.

Being constantly provoked for a long period and suffering attack after attack I could imagine many people would snap.

The hefty sentence is aimed to be preventative to others taking the same action but it can never equate to the loss of a life.

Very sad indeed.

Derren-brown-the-experiments

It's quite coincidental but right now on UK tv Derren Brown has been running shows that I think show nearly anyone can be conditioned to do things they wouldn't normally do. Including murder. I don't watch the shows myself.

Being constantly provoked for a long period and suffering attack after attack I could imagine many people would snap.

The hefty sentence is aimed to be preventative to others taking the same action but it can never equate to the loss of a life.

Very sad indeed.

Derren-brown-the-experiments

What hefty sentence ? The 12 year minimum recommended by the Judge is very much towards the lighter end of the advisory tariff set by the Court of Appeal for a life sentence. Neither is it aimed to be preventative, the tariff under a life sentence reflects the circumstances of the case and the risk of re-offending. As someone who has been sentenced to life he can only be recommended for parole by the parole board with approval of the Home Secretary. He remains on licence for the rest of his life and can be recalled at any time should his behaviour raise cause for concern. He may not travel abroad without the consent of his parole officer. Further conditions can be attached to his release and in these circumstances can also include restrictions on him being involved in a relationship without the other person being aware of his background.

Of course the system does not always work the way its intended but that is another story.

May I also add having a go at learning the language, sometimes helps if you can fill in the blanks where maybe she can't communicate effectively.

That being said, smashing his Wookie to f@#k was a clear indication that things weren't quite right.

I think this couple were heading for disaster from the start , having made a mistake myself by marrying my first Thai wife , things are different 2 nd time arround ,1, no marriage in England ,(absolute disaster ) better in Thailand , but not me this time , 2, everything in my name ( company ) or directly . 3, if she wants to go ---- buy buy , with a little money for traveling .

Strange though , i must be lucky , this one seems to totally different . a bit older , been working as a superviser in a big company for 15 years ,never done bar work , she is totally comitted to our relationship , this is a must though --------KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN WIDE . some of them can be the best decievers in the world .

I agree with those who siad -- this was just waiting to happen , why is it so hard for some people to just let go ? . i wonder if given the choice of keeping his star wars toys or keeping his wife which one he would have chosen . i know which one i would chose -- sorry Yoda

Not labeling the origins of this couple, but one significant reason for these 'types' of couples (those that are socio-economically mismatched with virtually nothing in common) is the simulated 'meeting' scene they have here that is really just for entertainment. Too many people (from both sides) take it too seriously and for whatever reason make marriage the next step..... when the next logical step is really just breakfast at a Taco Cabana or IHOP and then you part ways, just like in one's college days.

:)

100% Heng..

By destroying the collectibles, she knew the angst it would cause him, imaginary or not. She sought to hurt him by destroying his most prized possessions. She crossed the imaginary line to provoke a response from her husband and she got what she wanted, a reaction. Not the reaction she was hoping hoping for as she paid the ultimate price. Yes, they may have been toys to her, but she knew what they meant to her husband. You can take the most docile person on the planet and demoralize them to the point where they can not longer control their actions and this is the type of result you get.

One thing certain and two things sure, she won't be making his life hel_l anymore.

By destroying the collectibles, she knew the angst it would cause him, imaginary or not. She sought to hurt him by destroying his most prized possessions. She crossed the imaginary line to provoke a response from her husband and she got what she wanted, a reaction. Not the reaction she was hoping hoping for as she paid the ultimate price. Yes, they may have been toys to her, but she knew what they meant to her husband. You can take the most docile person on the planet and demoralize them to the point where they can not longer control their actions and this is the type of result you get.

One thing certain and two things sure, she won't be making his life hel_l anymore.

A very good analysis, lets hope that no body winds him up in prison.

Very sad indeed.

Hopefully, he can work on his lack of impulse control during his confinement.

Coping with a lack of impulse control:

There are two basic elements in impulse control: the restraint to think well first, and the ability to continue to resist if a person recognizes a potentially damaging action. Failure of either of these functions produces impulse control disorders. A person unable to consider consequences, or a person unable to resist when consequences are severe is at a terrible disadvantage in life.

Few of us begin our lives with good impulse control. For much of our lives, there is a very thin line between imagining an action and immediately trying to perform it. Even when we come to realize that actions can have negative consequences, the ability to resist a desirable action with undesirable consequences can take many years to develop.

In some instances, people are dangerously slow to develop, or suffer from a condition that has reduced impulse control. This can cause serious problems not only for the individual, but for those around him or her.

Finding a way to cope with the problem can be a matter of life and death.

Read the Full Page:

Coping with a Lack of Impulse Control

AllAboutCounseling.com

You can take the most docile person on the planet and demoralize them to the point where they can not longer control their actions and this is the type of result you get.

Please see previous post.

The only people that are justifiably unable to control their actions are psychotic, which the convicted was not.

He is responsible for his actions irregardless of the provocation.

You can take the most docile person on the planet and demoralize them to the point where they can not longer control their actions and this is the type of result you get.

The only people that are justifiably unable to control their actions are psychotic, which the convicted was not.

I never stated that he was innocent based on his state of mind. He is most definitely guilty of the crime based on his confession. My only point is that a person can be provoked into acting irrationally when it is not generally their mental state.

I never stated that he was innocent based on his state of mind. He is most definitely guilty of the crime based on his confession. My only point is that a person can be provoked into acting irrationally when it is not generally their mental state.

Yes, 'a person can be provoked into acting irrationally' and these persons who can be provoked into murder should be taken out of society to protect the vast majority of people whose "mental state" would not ever allow them to be provoked into murdering another person in such circumstances..

I'll agree to a person can act irrationally following provocation, if he chooses to do so.

Agree?

Yes, 'a person can be provoked into acting irrationally' and these persons who can be provoked into murder should be taken out of society to protect the vast majority of people whose "mental state" would not ever allow them to be provoked into murdering another person in such circumstances..

We'd all be surprised at what we could be persuaded or bullied or tempted into doing, against our better judgement.

I've never felt at risk from people who snap at those that provoke them beyond their breaking point.

Regardless of the gentleman's culpability, its a good reminder that treating others with respect and consideration helps keep us all safe.

I'm going to make a point of avoiding unnecessarily enraging the over-sensitive amongst us tomorrow.

SC

EDIT: Thinking back on it, I have felt at risk from such people, because some of them have a remarkably low breaking point, a simple "good evening Mr Jinx" can send them over the edge. Jinx really was a mad get. Especially the worse for wear in the Cavern at three in the morning. Or maybe it was the Kasbah, next door.

Edited by StreetCowboy

You make some points, but I feel you're wrong on the last. He'll be in his own person hell over her for life.

What is it about Brits - some get hopping mad so quickly? Ok, granted, people from all nationalities are capable of that. But I've personally been the brunt of it in recent weeks. A couple Brits and an Aussie (part of the commonwealth, eh chums?) individually got raving mad at me for the slightest inference (on my part). I won't go in to detail (I could, but you'd have to contact me for that), but the usual pattern is: slight misunderstanding (from my perspective), then full bore postal raving punk vomiting rage from them. Maybe it has to do with their empire getting whittled away for the past 220 years (?) I don't know. What I do know is: one measure of a man's maturity is his ability (or lack thereof) to control his anger. Grow up Brits. Getting angry is a lose lose scenario.

Top Generalisation!

Good job...

SC

One could argue that those who provoke are equally, if not more, guilty.

Those who stick their heads in a lions mouth and get bitten can hardly blame the lion.

One could argue that those who provoke are equally, if not more, guilty.

Those who stick their heads in a lions mouth and get bitten can hardly blame the lion.

The supposed provoker in this case is dead and thus unlikely to be found guilty, let alone more guilty, of much of anything in court.

As for your analogy, once lions develop a frontal lobe as extensively as humans, they, too, will be held accountable for their lack of impulse control.

This guy gets life in prison, the American in Phuket who murdered a woman gets 10 years................................AT !!

Life in Britain and Australia means 20 yrs. Life sentence = 20 yrs with a minimum to be served in this case 12 yrs. (If he is a good boy will get out in 12 yrs)