Fish And Chips

N47HAN

Well, Thailands largest fast food chain KFC has been serving fishfingers for years :rolleyes:

Don't forget the folks selling the fish balls :whistling:

Can't forget, everytime I see those fish balls, I think "dam_n, that had to have been a BIG fish!"

Moving on from gelded fish, really good fish balls which are nice & moist, can be had at the stall right by the traffic lights in Samkong, the set just before Bangkok hospital if coming from Phuket Town. She does not open until at least 4pm though. Nearby but back further has delicious fresh soy bean milk (natural or sweet) everyday but again they open late afternoon.

Edited by Valentine

Went to Chalong beer garden last night,had good home made chips,peas and battered fish,good taste,:annoyed: bread and butter 180 bht.....

Not understanding your choice of emoticons there Barka..........are you happy about the experience or is the bread and butter alone 180b?

I've watched sports at that place but haven't eaten there, might give the F&C a try, as long as not to greasy. Hate when that stuff is wrapped in paper sogged with grease bah.gif

Went to Chalong beer garden last night,had good home made chips,peas and battered fish,good taste,:annoyed: bread and butter 180 bht.....

Not understanding your choice of emoticons there Barka..........are you happy about the experience or is the bread and butter alone 180b?

I've watched sports at that place but haven't eaten there, might give the F&C a try, as long as not to greasy. Hate when that stuff is wrapped in paper sogged with grease bah.gif

After reading a similar thread a couple of months or so ago, I went there specifically for the Friday (apparently the only night they offered F&C, don't know if that's changed at all), and unfortunately, the fish and batter was full of oil. Not pleasant. Here's my comment from that thread:

"Tonight I did, and though OK (because I was hungry), really nothing to write home about. The fish was saturated in fat, possibly because of not being fried in a high enough temperature oil, and a lack of the quoted bread and butter (not really important). What is important to note is that this isn't a restaurant, and their very limited menu is basically bought in farang 'favourites' such as pies etc. There is no Thai food (so if the wife or g/f isn't really into Cornish Pasties or Aussie pies etc, she'll go hungry). I certainly wouldn't put it on a par with say 'Fatty's' Pork Cordon Bleu with pan fried potatoes and nice side salad for the same money."

Interestingly, it was Barka who brought the subject up on that occasion also.

After reading a similar thread a couple of months or so ago, I went there specifically for the Friday (apparently the only night they offered F&C, don't know if that's changed at all), and unfortunately, the fish and batter was full of oil. Not pleasant. Here's my comment from that thread:

"Tonight I did, and though OK (because I was hungry), really nothing to write home about. The fish was saturated in fat, possibly because of not being fried in a high enough temperature oil, and a lack of the quoted bread and butter (not really important). What is important to note is that this isn't a restaurant, and their very limited menu is basically bought in farang 'favourites' such as pies etc. There is no Thai food (so if the wife or g/f isn't really into Cornish Pasties or Aussie pies etc, she'll go hungry). I certainly wouldn't put it on a par with say 'Fatty's' Pork Cordon Bleu with pan fried potatoes and nice side salad for the same money."

Interestingly, it was Barka who brought the subject up on that occasion also.

http://www.thaivisa....g/page__st__450

i have just returned from the UK where i am used to good fish and chios,and in my opinion the fish and chips in chalong beer garden have certainly improved,not so greasy as before,they are now serving them most days,dont take my word for it go and try them yourself...if you have any complaints tell ..ADDI the cook iam sure he will listen to you...

since your previous post i told him about complaints,i only hope he can stay consistant