Its Your Round !

sunholidaysun1

The topic of alcohol seems to have some of you in derogatory frame of mind, maybe you need a top up, then maybe the insults will become happy slurs. :D

The issue of many who live here is that to enjoy the company of the lads, we have to meet in the bar. Everyone congrgates at either Ricos'bar or the more expensive option of down-town Jetyod. There are the golfers , out for 18 holes and need to sit in the bar after and discuss the pitfalls of those less able over a beer or 6. Whatever the day you will find men doing what men do , drink.

There are many reasons as to why we drink , mostly I would think just to be sociable or to drown the sorrows of what has been thrown at us throughout our lives . Many here I know drink to relieve bordom , I personally go out to drink for the company of others rather than sit alone in my house watching TV or whatever.

There are some who are more addicted than others and we know who they are , yet its not through a lack of trying to assist them to curb their drinking but all to no avail . Alcoholism is something that people around the world have problems with and here in the Rai there is no support other than fellow drinkers who add to the problem by inviting those with less will power to drink with them for company. Its a circle that will be a Round for a while .

So , for whatever reason we drink , it is of no business of others unless of course you try and aid a friend who is in need of help. Its upto us what we do I know but to put someone down for drinking in a bar and labeling others as Drunks basically puts everyone of us who drink and use bars in the same category .

Lets just enjoy the time we have , drinking or not to drink , that is our option. Didnt Shakespeare write that ? :D Maybe he liked a tipple also .

I think there is a very good case for going out and drinking at the moment....

Who knows when Chiang Rai supplies will dry up.

And those less fortunite that live in and around Bangkok that wish they could dry out.

I'll just throw this out there, AA has 2 meetings a week in CR.

Check the web.

I think there is a very good case for going out and drinking at the moment....

Who knows when Chiang Rai supplies will dry up.

And those less fortunite that live in and around Bangkok that wish they could dry out.

I'll just throw this out there, AA has 2 meetings a week in CR.

Check the web.

Who are the members ? :D

Did not come to Thailand for the Beautiful Women.

Came here for the spiritual enlightenment, fine clean beaches, fresh air, Temples, friendly people.

Never had a Drink in Thailand.

Never been to Go Go's, Lady Bar's, Karaoke, Night Clubs, Disco's.

Never had a Soapy or Happy Ending Massage.

Wife / Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Revolving Door Friends, never worked in a Bar, Massage, Club, or Freelance.

Ahhh.. the Holier Than Thao Crowd.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by KimoMax

Did not come to Thailand for the Beautiful Women.

Came here for the spiritual enlightenment, fine clean beaches, fresh air, Temples, friendly people.

Never had a Drink in Thailand.

Never been to Go Go's, Lady Bar's, Karaoke, Night Clubs, Disco's.

Never had a Soapy or Happy Ending Massage.

Wife / Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Revolving Door Friends, never worked in a Bar, Massage, Club, or Freelance.

Ahhh.. the Holier Than Thao Crowd.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Correct. And oh so many full of B-S. Lets not forget them.

I am a drunk, not an alchoholic, i dont go to meetings. I would try AA, if they weren't religious based. That turns me off.

Actually, religion has nothing to do with AA. There are many none believers in AA, as in any group of people.

Religion is for people who are afraid of going to "Hell".

Spirituality is for people who have been there.

You are not a drunk, nor an alcoholic so don't worry about it.

Chiang Rai Group - New Location.

Tuesday – 1830 hours & Friday – 1830 hours

LOCATION: Work@Home Coffee 545 Rattanakhet Road, T.Wieng, A. Muang, Chiangrai 57000. The Work@Home Coffee shop is across the street and just a bit North of the from the First Christian Church. From the Night Market or the old Bus Station go to Rattanakhet Road. Walk North. You will pass through an intersection with a traffic light. The Work@Home Coffee Shop will be about a 100 meters on your left.

For Thai Taxi Driver: 545 ถ.รัตนาเขต อ.เมือง จ.เชียงราย (หลังศาลเจ้าจังหวัดเชียงราย)

For details, call 082-050-4439

Definitly no religion.

LOCATION: Work@Home Coffee 545 Rattanakhet Road, T.Wieng, A. Muang, Chiangrai 57000. The Work@Home Coffee shop is across the street and just a bit North of the from the First Christian Church. From the Night Market or the old Bus Station go to Rattanakhet Road. Walk North. You will pass through an intersection with a traffic light. The Work@Home Coffee Shop will be about a 100 meters on your left.

For Thai Taxi Driver: 545 ถ.รัตนาเขต อ.เมือง จ.เชียงราย (หลังศาลเจ้าจังหวัดเชียงราย)

Definitly no religion.

New hours 1800 to 1900, coffee shop likes to close early now.

Aahhh.... it's not us claimers of immaculate status who are coming home in the wee hours after too much of an alleged good thing and making up stories about the Thai tax man. :lol:

What is wrong with you man, the OP was to find out the facts from the possible fiction.

If you want hard evidence then please refer yourself to Don (Dons Cafe) , Australian David (Doi Hang ) , Peter from the nice coffee shop, Pan. All have had the visit, maybe not directly to obtain taxes but to find out where other farangs are living so they can get the taxes owed. So please , you lot who have a lack of brain cells, for god sake - shut up.

Definitly no religion.

I would imagine there are a few free-loaders going just for the coffee and sandwiches :D

Aahhh.... it's not us claimers of immaculate status who are coming home in the wee hours after too much of an alleged good thing and making up stories about the Thai tax man. :lol:

What is wrong with you man, the OP was to find out the facts from the possible fiction.

Sceadugenga's post is spot on. The OP was a error and you know it.

You seem to be dodging in, out, and around -- slipping from fantasy to reality to uncertainty like a tormented soul running from his own shadow.

If you want hard evidence then please refer yourself to Don (Dons Cafe) , Australian David (Doi Hang ) , Peter from the nice coffee shop, Pan. All have had the visit, maybe not directly to obtain taxes but to find out where other farangs are living so they can get the taxes owed. So please , you lot who have a lack of brain cells, for god sake - shut up.

While telling "us lot" to "shut up", you air dirty laundry here in a public forum. If I was one of those you name I would be more than a little pi**ed off!

Edited by klikster

I find it amusing that in the post about the tax-man, sunny wrote

"No need for the insults !!"

I guess there is no need for the insults unless sunny is the one doing the insulting.

People in glass houses.......