Changing Address For 90 Report

Hi,

I have recently moved to chiang mai. Im due to report next month for my 90 day (imm o visa) in bangkok. Is there any way for me to avoid having to go there(bkk) and changing my home address directly in Chiang Mai? Im guessing that the normal procedure would be to go there (bkk) next month and change my address there. But would be nice if there was a way for me to save this trip. Thanks. , )

Strictly speaking when you move you should within a certain time(48 hours from arrival) complete and submit form TM28 to the new immigration office namely at CM. This is a seperate form from your 90 day reporting form. And yes the 90 day reporting should be done at CM at the due date. Some months back I changed my address and at my new immigration office I submitted the completed form TM28 ; they accepted my form and signed it with the receipt of notification part to me for my records; though they gave me the impression that they hardly knew the procedure but its in Thai law to submit such a form.It does seem many people do not bother to use TM28 but the law is the law.

No need for you to go to BKK to change your address.

On form 28 is says to inform your new local police station of the change of address though when I attempted that the police station claimed it was unnecessary. I nevertheless made my own record of my attempt to do that.

Edited by R123

Strictly speaking when you move you should within a certain time(48 hours from arrival) complete and submit form TM28 to the new immigration office namely at CM. This is a seperate form from your 90 day reporting form. And yes the 90 day reporting should be done at CM at the due date. Some months back I changed my address and at my new immigration office I submitted the completed form TM28 ; they accepted my form and signed it with the receipt of notification part to me for my records; though they gave me the impression that they hardly knew the procedure but its in Thai law to submit such a form.It does seem many people do not bother to use TM28 but the law is the law.

No need for you to go to BKK to change your address.

On form 28 is says to inform your new local police station of the change of address though when I attempted that the police station claimed it was unnecessary. I nevertheless made my own record of my attempt to do that.

Thks for the detailed explanation. Thats good news to me. From what you are telling me, i could just go at CM immigration on the due date and just notify my change of address, but to play it safely, i might want to submit form TM 28 before that. Correct?

• 2 months later...

I want to dig up this older topic. I wil have to change my address at the next 90 report in CW.

In addition to TM28, what other documents do I have to bring?

I am guessing:

-copy passport id page

-copy extension stamp

-copy dep. card

-copy slip last 90 day report

-copy proof of address. I have yellow tabien baan. Is that sufficient? Also have a DTAC bill on that address.

I miss anything?