Premium Free To Air Paytv (for Real)

KuBand

Many of you will know we can watch over 30 satellites and 900 free satellite radio and tv stations out here over us in Bangkok.

Some of you will even know you can watch some networks for free, without the need of a of subscription card.

Well there is a new set top box in Thailand that allows you to watch 4 networks (approx 160 payTV channels) as free to air TV, as well as all the normall 900 plus channels.

They are the Multichoice Network (South African network you see in all the sports bars), The Astro Network (Malaysian network - my kids love this one, so does the mrs), The TelkomVison Network (From Indonesia with Thai Language as well on Cartoon Network, Animal Planet etc - of cause all in English normally), The Dream Network (the one most of us watch from the Philippines) - NO UBC though which is a bummer.

I was sent this link today,Upgrade payTV set top box and went and brought one as they are selling them as an upgrade unit at this stage - I am way impressed as I watch the real cricket for free, so good luck.

http://www.jsat.tv/abox.htm

Is this similar to the SatThai box in that it requires an internet connection for card sharing.. http://satthai.net/TH/Vision%20Plus.htm

Its frustrating enough that my ADSL drops off for a few hours but if I was blocked out of TV at the same time it would druive me nuts..

Also how about the FTA Thai TV channels.. Need them for the GF...

All in all though Astro kicks UBC's ass when it comes to programming..

Is this similar to the SatThai box in that it requires an internet connection for card sharing.. http://satthai.net/TH/Vision%20Plus.htm

Its frustrating enough that my ADSL drops off for a few hours but if I was blocked out of TV at the same time it would druive me nuts..

Also how about the FTA Thai TV channels.. Need them for the GF...

All in all though Astro kicks UBC's ass when it comes to programming..

I agree 100% what a bummer if the ISP shuts it down on that port or IP no card sharing, a real bummer.

Nope nothing like the Vision one from them that you talk about. It is also all over over Thai web sites as well - seems this non Internet box has become a bit a hit.

Edited by KuBand

Unusual as I had not heard of a genuine hack for Astro yet only the code sharing solutions..

Do you have any pointers to DVB card softcam solutions ???

(insert humor mode)

Ask you pals at satthai :o

softcam how 1980's :D

(now turn it off)

pointer;

MOSC seems to be the in thing with pcm2 on most pci devices