Recommendations For A Custom Bike Garage?

bombis

Im thinking about getting a classic Japanese bike and having it rebuilt. Im thinking about something like a Yamaha SR400, Honda CX500, Suzuki Inazuma, Kawasaki Zephyr or old Ninja..depends on what I can get.

Now I am looking for a good motorbike shop/garage that can do the building part. Do any of you have experience with his? Does anybody know a good place to go to or a place you have used in the past that did a good job?

thanks for any help.

Have you got a toilet?

Then flush your money down there, it's far easier.:)

I cannot imagine there is no place here in Bkk and that all are rip-offs. There are literally hundreds of shops here and that is why i asked about if sb has experience with any of them because there are just too many to be able to know which one is good and which one isnt.

if not bangkok....well im open to other suggestions.

Dr Bike in Chok Chai 4 do a lot of work on older imported bikes. They tend to specialize in cruisers with their new parts, but their are always 4 or 5 sport bikes out front as well, and in their workshop.

Don't know about their price or quality on rebuild work, but the few things I've bought from them and what I see in their workshop that they are working on at the time, they could be worth a go.

There's a guy there with good English... I've got his name and number somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

Anyone had substantial work done there?

It would be worth checking what they have out front, there may be something that interests you.

Cheers.

Have you got a toilet?

Then flush your money down there, it's far easier.:)

+1 Travelmate. I have rebuilt several old bikes here, presently doing an 82 750 Katana. Some of the bodges you find are atrocious, Ebay is about the best place for cheap older Japanese spares. I would say if you can't do it yourself don't do it.

Dr Bike in Chok Chai 4 do a lot of work on older imported bikes. They tend to specialize in cruisers with their new parts, but their are always 4 or 5 sport bikes out front as well, and in their workshop.

Don't know about their price or quality on rebuild work, but the few things I've bought from them and what I see in their workshop that they are working on at the time, they could be worth a go.

There's a guy there with good English... I've got his name and number somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

It would be worth checking what they have out front, there may be something that interests you.

Cheers.

They are good, but right now closed due to flooding. I drove there a couple of days ago and the shop was closed, no sign. The flood water was about 50 meters from the shop and coming in slowly.

thanks for the tip. I heard of Dr Bike before as they post a lot on mocyc.com. So maybe I should have a look there first.

anybody has been to K-Speed yet on Rama 2? I know you can buy all kinds of parts there but I also read on another forum they also sell used bikes and rebuilts.

Cheers.

They are good, but right now closed due to flooding. I drove there a couple of days ago and the shop was closed, no sign. The flood water was about 50 meters from the shop and coming in slowly.

Here is the contact number for the guy at Dr Bike with good English...

James Mathis086 990 5618

His card says International Marketing Manager, so I think he takes care of their advertising etc, rather than doing the work, but he gave me his card in case I need anything in the future.

Lat Phrao is no longer flooded, so they should be open again, or soon.

Cheers.

Richo motor sport in Chang mai do excellent work and would be well worth thinking about sending the bike there than take a gamble with a shop in Bangkok.

Richie wouldn't be interested in working on a metric.

He was going to do another custom bike for me at one stage using a shadow 1100 as a base about 12 months ago but yes he is mostly HD

• 4 weeks later...