Bangkok To Be Submerged Under Water In 50 Years: International Experts

webfact

it's all about geo-political (oops, this is a theme nobody has ever heard of that in the Thai govt) and geo-ecological agendas, strategies and activities in full swing already, controlled by the corporate globalists to lull you into it. I suggest a deep and thorough study and research on that. Tons of info around already.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That still leaves 49 yrs 51 weeks before we have to worry about working out an action plan. So moving right along, what's next on the agenda?

It is often useful to ask the right person the right question. Maybe the Thai government should stop being so xenophobic and reach out to countries that have already had to deal with similar problems. I am thinking of, perhaps, the Netherlands. They do not need to reinvent the wheel. What they need to do is to understand how the existing wheel works :) Dikes? Canals? Fingers in holes? Other? The extreme rainfall patterns are likely to continue due to climate change, the sea will continue to rise due to climate change, population will continue to increase due to massive stupidity, and the city will continue to sink (but they could ban people/industries from draining the underground aquifer), so the govt. must take action now. Ask the experts!

The climate change deniers say wait and see if it gets that bad. That of course is a crazy policy. When you do see, it is way too late.

No. Climate skeptics are saying that there is no catasrophic global warming about to occur. The warming that has happened over the last 30 years or so (and for the last 10+ years has stopped) was entirely natural and completely in line with the ice core records which show alternating 30 year warming periods followed by 30 year COOLING periods followed by 30 year warming periods followed by 30 year COOLING periods etc etc etc.

We are on the cusp of a cooling period now - over the last 2-3 winters we have seen record breaking cold and snowfall across the globe. And you can bet that a decade from now when temperatures have plunged worlwide and the arctic is at record high levels, we will be told that they are effects of global warming and that we need to pay more Co2 tax and have carbon rationing in order to save the Earth from catasrophic warming.

Remember...

Ignorance Is Strength

Freedom Is Slavery

Global Cooling Is Global Warming

It's not that simple. The majority of thinking people that accept the overwhelming evidence of mainstream science still acknowledge they might be wrong. However, we just had an scary example of a skeptic who seems certain he is 100 percent correct. If the mainstream people are wrong but actions are taken, it's no big tragedy. If the skeptics are wrong and no action is taken ... it's catastrophic.

Either way, Bangkok's sinking is not only about climate change anyway! There are the human created development factors that are key as well.

Edited by Jingthing

Global warming has become a pejorative term that is dividing rational people. There have always been drastic changes in ambient temperatures, and the most realistic explanation for that is Solar activity.

The Sun goes through periods of high and low activity. If you take England as an example, during the 17th century there were malarial mosquito's and vineyards as far north as Newcastle, in fact it is believed that Oliver Cromwell died of Malarial fever. Two hundred years later there was a mini ice age when the Thames froze over, any British TV members will be able to call to mind Dickensian postcards and paintings of scenes of a Victorian " Winter Wonderland ".

As far as I'm led to believe there were no cars knocking around the place in the 1850's, so blaming exhaust emissions for the dramatic shift in temperature won't cut it.

However!! I don't think anyone disagrees that Co2 emissions have soared and have most likely contributed to the " Greenhouse Gas" effect in conjunction with man made chemicals. This is the price we pay for living in the " Age of Oil ". A lot of our soil is being contaminated, and our landfills are filling up, with by-products of the " Age of Oil ". I believe there is a massive cloud of plastics gathering and swirling around in the Pacific Ocean for example.

So I reckon we should forget about this " Global Warming " argument and go back to discussing an old fashioned word called pollution. No one likes pollution, and pollution is a word we all understand very well. We can't do anything about solar output, but we can help reduce pollution every day.

Global warming has become a pejorative term that is dividing rational people. There have always been drastic changes in ambient temperatures, and the most realistic explanation for that is Solar activity.

The Sun goes through periods of high and low activity. If you take England as an example, during the 17th century there were malarial mosquito's and vineyards as far north as Newcastle, in fact it is believed that Oliver Cromwell died of Malarial fever. Two hundred years later there was a mini ice age when the Thames froze over, any British TV members will be able to call to mind Dickensian postcards and paintings of scenes of a Victorian " Winter Wonderland ".

As far as I'm led to believe there were no cars knocking around the place in the 1850's, so blaming exhaust emissions for the dramatic shift in temperature won't cut it.

However!! I don't think anyone disagrees that Co2 emissions have soared and have most likely contributed to the " Greenhouse Gas" effect in conjunction with man made chemicals. This is the price we pay for living in the " Age of Oil ". A lot of our soil is being contaminated, and our landfills are filling up, with by-products of the " Age of Oil ". I believe there is a massive cloud of plastics gathering and swirling around in the Pacific Ocean for example.

So I reckon we should forget about this " Global Warming " argument and go back to discussing an old fashioned word called pollution. No one likes pollution, and pollution is a word we all understand very well. We can't do anything about solar output, but we can help reduce pollution every day.

Sorry that is far too rational. Your point of view is clearly damaging to the revenue stream of the fear mongering media, and the climate change industry in general. Have you no shame.

It's not that simple. The majority of thinking people that accept the overwhelming evidence of mainstream science still acknowledge they might be wrong. However, we just had an scary example of a skeptic who seems certain he is 100 percent correct. If the mainstream people are wrong but actions are taken, it's no big tragedy. If the skeptics are wrong and no action is taken ... it's catastrophic.

Either way, Bangkok's sinking is not only about climate change anyway! There are the human created development factors that are key as well.

You are totally right Jingthing and any responsible person will embrace the "precautionary principle." With regard to climate change, the overwhelming scientific evidence points to one conclusion: it is real. But you have corporations that want to continue playing the same environmentally-destructive game for financial reasons. Specifically you have the Koch brothers who fund most of the non-scientific nonsense you are seeing posted here--stupid statements about weather, international conspiracy and solar activity, etc. The people who have rejected science as a "big conspiracy" have no understanding of or respect for science, so there is no point in trying to use science to change their point of view. After reading some of their statements, I reached the conclusion that ThaiVisa needs to introduce an emoticon that wears a straitjacket and rolls its eyes. :)