Travel To Pattaya Possible Next Week

hands22

I am flying in to Bangkok on 16th Nov. Will be travelling by car to Pattaya. If Rama 2 is expected to be heavily flooded next week, is it still possible to travel there by car?

Any helpful advice is appreciated so that I can make alternative plan. Thanks.

If you are coming from southern Thailand, I doubt that you will make it through Bangkok. Rama 2 is the last major road open to Southern Thailand from Bangkok which is not flooded.

Pattaya is considered to be to the East of Bangkok along with Suvarnabhumi airport.

However who knows if the routes to Pattaya will be open next week. They are under threat of possible flooding near Suvarnabhumi airport.

The government has not been very truthful.

However, don't worry. Should Suvarnabhumi or access to the airport become flooded, I'm sure they would divert flights to Utapao airport near Sattahip. They did when the Yellow shirts occupied Suvarnabhumi airport.

Edited by BB1950

If you are coming from southern Thailand, I doubt that you will make it through Bangkok. Rama 2 is the last major road open to Southern Thailand from Bangkok which is not flooded.

Pattaya is considered to be to the East of Bangkok along with Suvarnabhumi airport.

However who knows if the routes to Pattaya will be open next week. They are under threat of possible flooding near Suvarnabhumi airport.

The government has not been very truthful.

Where exactly?

JH

Hi Hands22,

I arrive in SVB 2 days after you.

I've also been keeping an eye on the news and understand that the airport is open, expected to stay open, and the toll road links to Pattaya are still clear, although very busy at the Sukh Rd end of the journey.

If you have time, perhaps you could post again after arrival if you have any problems ? That would be a help to at least me !

Simon