Sids Aka Cot Death In Thailand?

RakJungTorlae

Does anyone know information the statistics of SIDS AKA cotdeath in Thailand? And would anyone have any story's to shear personal or related or known of it happening to someone close to you.

Understand this might open some emotions but the information will be incredible valuable to me.

I must keep this Thai related. But Thai or Asian or western child born in Thailand.

Regards,

Edited by RakJungTorlae

This is a link which I saw early on while contemplating where our children would sleep. My wife wanted them to sleep with us in our bed, and I eventually agreed with her. There is a bunch of information out there on cosleeping with infants, but most of the worry seems to be that you will roll on top of them and suffocate them. The studies that show the correlation with a drop in SIDS are rarely reported.

I believe however you look at it you will find the rate of SIDS in Thailand significantly lower than in the West. It is a strong probability that cosleeping is the major reason for this. If you are a heavy drinker or you smoke you may wish to reconsider sharing a bed with your child, but for regular, attentive parents there seems to be a very strong correlation between crib sleeping and crib death (aka SIDS). Stick with the parents bed and things will probably be better.

You can transition them to their own beds after they are 1 year old if you'd like.

http://thebabybond.com/Cosleeping&SIDSFactSheet.html