Roof Sky Lights In Thailand

I really don't know to be honest, I have only seen them in use in real life, not pulled apart.

But unlike the bigger rectangle ones, that let allot of heat in, these little fellas are great at not increasing the temp of the room. They have a difuser typically about 25cm diameter that just looks like a fluro light on the ceiling. One at a friends house, also had different filters you could put in the difuser as a way to dull it down a bit.

I have also seen these as little baby ones, these are awesome actually, the bubble out side is simply moulded in the exact same shape as one roof tile, the bubble is about 15cm only, and you can have either a little difuser or have it counter sunk in the ceiling. rolleyes.gif

But all you have to do is pull out 1 tile, drop down the little silver pipe, cut out a 10cm home in the gypsum ceiling, screw in 3 self tappers into the ceiling. It's 20 mins each one and it doesn't heat up the room and can throw out allot of light. Problem, I am in Thailand !laugh.gif

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_skylight-ezylite-acol-300mm-round-universal_5442.aspx Move your mouse over the pic, blows it up. This is a 30cm Diameter.

Great idea, do they use mirrors or just the reflective surface of the tube?

The ones i have seen have a reflective foil surface in the flexi tube - i would imagine that they would need to be dusted or cleaned periodically .