Cambodian Visa On Arrival

Hi

Anyone can tell me if the visa on arrival is a stamp or a full page sticker?

My passport is almost full and unfortunately I don't have time to renew it before leaving. If it's a stamp I'm going to Cambodia, if not to malaysia. Need to book asap.

If you are going from Thailand -> Cambodia it's 2 Stamps (1 in and 1 out) and a Full Page Sticker for the Visa

(Providing you don't have Cambodian Business Visa)

If you are going from Cambodia -> Thailand it's only a Stamp

Edited by MJCM

I'm going from Thailand, wow 2 stamps and a sticker + the page I need for the Thai tourist visa, good thing I asked.

Think I'll go to Malaysia and try to get a 60 day, should leave me enough time to renew my passport at the embassy here.

I wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't forgotten I had only paid for a single re-entry last time then left twice, cost me my non-imm visa :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for your help MJCM.

I'm going from Thailand, wow 2 stamps and a sticker + the page I need for the Thai tourist visa, good thing I asked.

Think I'll go to Malaysia and try to get a 60 day, should leave me enough time to renew my passport at the embassy here.

I wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't forgotten I had only paid for a single re-entry last time then left twice, cost me my non-imm visa :rolleyes:

No Problems. :thumbsup:

And, It's even more if you also count the Thai stamps.

Good luck on your trip to M'sia

-firestar-

If enough time you could make a E-Visa in the Internet for Cambodia. You can Google for that.

Same price, payable by Creditcard and than you get same Malaysia only entry stamp in Cambodia,

no sticker. Needs 3-5 days, arrives printable in your Computer.

A Shorttime replacement Passport for Maximum 1 year should also be available at your Embassy.

At my Embassy I get one in 24 hours.rolleyes.gif

In Malaysia the Thai Embassy sent me away once because of not enough place in my Passport for a Visa sticker,

they wanted more than the last page, they needed possibilty to stamp behind that Visa on pages.

Similar problem, I had with a Visa Extension in Cambodia, was a NO, also last page not enough!

Regards

Edited by ALFREDO

Get a e-visa and you don't need an entire sticker occupy an entire page,

that way you also bypass the crooks at cambodian border overcharge you an extra ~$US 20

I'll definitely get an e-visa if I ever cross to Cambodia by land again-which I hope to do considering I still haven't seen Angkor. It cost me 1,000 baht at the border as well as wasting a page with the sticker. With the stamps, if you can ask them nicely, I find that immigration officials may be willing to cram a stamp in on an old page. When I just crossed back in to Thailand from Laos, the Thai officer stamped my passport on a page that hadn't been stamped since 2007. I've got 9 stamps on some pages, and 3 on others before they decide to move on.

A Shorttime replacement Passport for Maximum 1 year should also be available at your Embassy.

At my Embassy I get one in 24 hours.rolleyes.gif

In Malaysia the Thai Embassy sent me away once because of not enough place in my Passport for a Visa sticker,

they wanted more than the last page, they needed possibilty to stamp behind that Visa on pages.

Similar problem, I had with a Visa Extension in Cambodia, was a NO, also last page not enough!

Regards

Thanks, more good advise. I'll go to my embassy tomorrow morning.

I just removed some old stickers from my passport. It worked for Thai, Lao and VN!

I kept the removed stickers.

Actually it was the Laos consulate who did it first for me!

I just removed some old stickers from my passport. It worked for Thai, Lao and VN!

Harry,

I just hope that the Cambodian or Thai Immigration Don't find out, because if they do, you are in lots of problems. So anyone thinking about doing the same, please don't follow this advice. !!

Edit:: // Added Link

Read from here: http://www.thaivisa....48#entry3929948

Edited by MJCM

Indeed, doing this is illegal in most countries and could render the passport invalid and cause you all sorts of problems with your home country; including being charged with attempted forgery.

That a consular officer of a third country did this does not change the illegality; you should not have allowed it to happen.

Get a e-visa and you don't need an entire sticker occupy an entire page,

that way you also bypass the crooks at cambodian border overcharge you an extra ~$US 20

I'll definitely get an e-visa if I ever cross to Cambodia by land again-which I hope to do considering I still haven't seen Angkor. It cost me 1,000 baht at the border as well as wasting a page with the sticker. With the stamps, if you can ask them nicely, I find that immigration officials may be willing to cram a stamp in on an old page. When I just crossed back in to Thailand from Laos, the Thai officer stamped my passport on a page that hadn't been stamped since 2007. I've got 9 stamps on some pages, and 3 on others before they decide to move on.

Unfortunately, there are few land borders where you can use an e-visa:-

Valid e-Visa Entry Ports: , Thailand border – Cham Yeam (Koh Kong), Thailand border – Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey),

Valid e-Visa Exit Ports: All ports

-firestar-

My Embassy gave me also a paper once in which they confirmed, that I could use the first 3 pages after the Information and foto pages, usualy reserved for the homecountry

to use for Visas or stamps.

That helped also!rolleyes.gif

By air no problem with e-Visa to Cambodia, same with the most important land entry points, Aranyaprathet-Poipet, Hat Lek-Koh Kong. More information, please check ypurself.

Regards

Edited by ALFREDO

@Harry! here in TV there are members,who will crucify you for this advice and they may report on you to proper authorities.I am surprised,that mod. did not ban you or did not delete.

In reality - many people practice this thing and in many countries - nobody cares,in some places - they look for it,do not do it with Indo stickers if you want to visit Indo again,they will not hurt you!no - it will cost you little bit or more.

Some stickers are very difficult to remove after some time, and you may damage your document if you pull it by force.

You may arrange with officer to put entry and exit stamp on visa sticker,saving space - they do this favour in Indo,same thing - in Laos.

Today they keep records of your comings and goings in computer systems,but in reality - there is a bit of mess always.

If passport is full - it will be replaced very soon,I wouldnt worry about comp. records.

The action described is illegal in most countries.

Forum Rules

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

(My emphasis)

Any further discussion of this will result in post deletions and posting holidays for the offender(s)