Bars With English Karaoke

jeztennis

Careful - if you pick up a mike and start singing you might need a work permit as well...it could be construed as "Entertainment".

Only difference with a western singer in a Karaoke and locals is that it sounds less like someone mincing live cats at a volume level above that of a Boeing 747 at take off....:annoyed:

Agree singing might require a work permit, but ... op was talking about karaoke, something completely different imo,

Of course you might get arrested for torture or even crimes against humanity.

Anyway a list of bars that provide karaoke would be useful .... to avoid.

Edited by terryq

Agree singing might require a work permit, but ... op was talking about karaoke, something completely different imo,

Of course you might get arrested for torture or even crimes against humanity.

Anyway a list of bars that provide karaoke would be useful .... to avoid.

Strange - every time I have seen Karaoke mentioned on any thread here. The consensus of opinion is that it is universally hated by the majority of people.

Especially if you live near one and suffer at 0300 every night. I did but only for a short time, I moved house.

I personally think it tells you something about the personality of the people who like and participate in this activity. look at me look at me "Show offs" desperate for adulation.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but any time there is violence or shootings reported amongst Thai nationals it takes place in or near a Karaoke Bar.

A severe form of torture is subjecting victims to extreme volumes of noise which can drive people completely insane. So maybe the ridiculous levels of noise in these bars is a mitigating factor?

If Karaoke is what floats your boat and you want to scream and squak into a microphone there are sound proof booths on the top floor of the Central Festival in Pattaya. :blink: