Invitation: Thaivisa Christmas Party & Pissup

george

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Brit.

If I had made the party and it wasn't evident who were Thaivisa people , I would have got hold of the Dj , by whatever means necessary and asked for the Microphone and yelled " Which of you miserable bar stewards are from Thaivisa ?"

It beats complaining about it afterwards.

:o

I agree Brit.

If I had made the party and it wasn't evident who were Thaivisa people , I would have got hold of the Dj , by whatever means necessary and asked for the Microphone and yelled " Which of you miserable bar stewards are from Thaivisa ?"

:D

I'm in Oz for Chrissie Chon. Lads like us could organise a pissup in Hades :o

I agree Brit.

Just get drunk and speak to everyone.... thats what i'd do.... :D

totster :D

What a disaster it was!

We came at about 8:30pm. 15-20 dudes were there, but I could not recognize any face I had met at the last piss-up. No name tags, so I could figure out who was from TV. No DJ either. I asked for George, but the guy at the bar told me that didn't know anyone by this name! George, were you there?

My GF was hungry but all the food left (apparently) was a bowl of tomatoes salad. My GF asked me if TV was some kind of vegeterian society... There was a tall girl at the bar, wearing a short jeans skirt, with a prostitute look. I even wondered if I was at the right place, but some folks told me they were from TV.

As my GF wanted to eat, we went out. I considered going back to the "party" for a 2nd try, but my GF was not really enthusiastic about it. So we went somewhere else.

Anyway, thanks to the organizers, but, sure can do better...

What a disaster it was!

We came at about 8:30pm. 15-20 dudes were there, but I could not recognize any face I had met at the last piss-up. No name tags, so I could figure out who was from TV. No DJ either. I asked for George, but the guy at the bar told me that didn't know anyone by this name! George, were you there?

My GF was hungry but all the food left (apparently) was a bowl of tomatoes salad. My GF asked me if TV was some kind of vegeterian society... There was a tall girl at the bar, wearing a short jeans skirt, with a prostitute look. I even wondered if I was at the right place, but some folks told me they were from TV.

As my GF wanted to eat, we went out. I considered going back to the "party" for a 2nd try, but my GF was not really enthusiastic about it. So we went somewhere else.

Anyway, thanks to the organizers, but, sure can do better...

Restauant/Bar on the roof - could have gotten some paid grub there. :o

I agree Brit.

Not all of us are so uninhibited....

What seems easy and self-evident for you is all but impossible for some of us.

Perhaps I'm just not a party person. Next time I'll just stay home and have four Chang on the front porch for the price of one at Sin.

More my style.

yes, it was truly lamentable.

I arrived with the Butterfly at about 11.30. Empty bar with only the Jockstar (who was drunk as a German) and his charming GF there.

Le Papillon was furious at the lameness of the event as I had to drag him kicking and screaming from "down the road"....

He was complaining to me that post op Katoey bar, Obsession, had been shut in NEP and the only ladyboys there, were the harpies in Casanova, or the pre-cut geezers in Cascade.

"Eeez no good. I like zem to ave zere beetz rhemuhved"

I arrived at 7:15 and most of the seats were taken , yes mostly by guys . I think that is what this forum is mostly made of . Soon ladies came in , all very good looking but I do not approch them thinking that they are probally someones wife or girlfriend . No problem with that at all . I am not there for that anyway .

As Brit said , ( something like ) a party is what you make it . However I am not that shy and do know my way around a bar so I had a very nice time . Got a chance to meet alot of people and have to much to drink . I did get a chance to meet George and thank him for having this site . I told him that it helps me keep in touch with Thailand when im not there and I learn alot . Also have a few laughs .

Great to finally meet Mike , he snuck out sooner than I wanted but a nice person . Also got to meet Bambina . In a word .....WOW !! Can't forget Jockstar . He was everything I expected but nicer . Except for the first thing he said to me when he found out who I was . He say's " I thought you would have been younger " :o We bought each other shots of whiskey and went our seperate ways as he did not come with subtitles .

Summery - Drinks do cost more at a bar . Buffet food , I do not eat it anyway but it was nice that it was there . I saw quite a few people with noodles hanging out of their mouths and going back for seconds .

Thanks George :D

I didn't make the event but almost seem relieved after reading some of these reviews. Of course, Brit is (partially) right - people make the party. Knowing myself, not being at all shy, I may have been dancing on the bar top (I always make sure I have a good time).

If I could, I'd like to nominate myself as music coordinator for next year's party (1,500 CDs in my collection). If only so that I could be "Dancing With Myself" (Billy Idol) as a "Real Wild Child" (Iggy Pop). People may make the party, Brit, but music makes the people!

Seriously, . . . George, if you're reading this . . . get me involved next year and I'll insure entertainment that'll smoke! :o

Can't forget Jockstar . He was everything I expected but nicer . Except for the first thing he said to me when he found out who I was . He say's " I thought you would have been younger "  :D  We bought each other shots of whiskey and went our seperate ways as he did not come with subtitles

:o:D

I agree Brit.

Not all of us are so uninhibited....

What seems easy and self-evident for you is all but impossible for some of us.

Perhaps I'm just not a party person. Next time I'll just stay home and have four Chang on the front porch for the price of one at Sin.

More my style.

Me 2 to be honest , but when in Rome.....

Crack open a cold one , I'll be there in 20... :o

Can't forget Jockstar . He was everything I expected but nicer . Except for the first thing he said to me when he found out who I was . He say's " I thought you would have been younger "  :D  We bought each other shots of whiskey and went our seperate ways as he did not come with subtitles

"did not come with subtitles"..............now thats a classic.

:D:D:D

He must be from Glasgow or West Scotland :D

Next time I'll just stay home and have four Chang on the front porch for the price of one at Sin.

Cough, cough, cough. New batteries for my pacemaker please!

No kidding. Sounds awfully old and dull doesn't it.

But, you know what? When I woke up the morning after the "party" I just couldn't wait to get home to Korat and Ms. B and my Chang on the porch.

Boring old fart I am. Boring, but very happy.

Near enough. :D

Thanks, Jock, I lived in Lancs for x years so I'm familiar with most accents in the UK.

It's NE England that is hard to sort out (accents) sp... :D

:D:D

Near enough. :burp:

Thanks, Jock, I lived in Lancs for x years so I'm familiar with most accents in the UK.

Only in the NE ? :o

I've got a feeling you'd have no trouble guessing where my accents from ..:o

totster :D

Attended 19.00 - 20.00. The buffet, promised 6-8 pm, had still not arrived by then, leaving hungry people even hungrier. Would have been happy to pay for it, if only to be on time.

Noisy music not at all conducive to making introductions or chit-chat.

No-one appeared to be in charge. No name badges were available, nor were worn even by the organisers.

Only plus was the venue was well-signed and easy to find. Otherwise a total disaster.

For next year I suggest an autumnal thread for input to get things better organised and properly-led.

Have to agree with the general sentiment about the party.

Showed up with gf about 10:30pm and it was a ghost town, music and atmosphere was dead. Bar staff looked like they wanted to get everyone out of there ASAP. Had 1 drink and left to the pool tables opposite. Needs to be better organised for next time eg name tags, christmas theme, mystery presents, awards, whatever.

Merry xmas

The party was not that bad, but I suspect it conflicted with a lot of other parties. Actually it was the second one for me that day. The party seemed to end about the same time the price of drinks went up at 10:00. The food was ok, but seemed to lack some variety. All and all a good effort. Looking forward to the next party.

I was there, dropped by at around 8 or 9. Found some familiar faces and was introduced to a few new ones, but overall didn't get to meet many new people. Granted, there were lots of people standing around drinking and looking around at each other, but there weren't any ice-breaking activities to encourage mingling as far as I could see. I myself am not the type to go around introducing myself to groups of male strangers either. :D

Was introduced to George and complained a bit about the absence of name tags; he said that it was difficult to verify the TV members' real identities and prevent the kind of impersonations that happened last time. Valid concern, though I think a solution was possible.

Anyway, thanks for the party and the munchies (sat at the bar pigging out on sandwiches and pasta for a while before turning my interest to people :D). Might be able to help out with the next one should my services be welcome, just let me know (I have a bit of experience with event organizing, and a few ideas have popped into my head)

To all that were there, nice to meet 'cha (for those I met); sorry didn't get to meet 'cha (for those I didn't). 'Til next time... :D

Happy holidays everybody! :o