Buying New Condo From Ap Developer In Bangkok

One week away from finalising the deal. I don't see the need to hire a lawyer for this if the condo is finished already and the Bangkok based developer is reputable. But if you disagree I'd be happy to hear your thoughts/advise.

I'm sorry to ask, but you have invested millions of baht (I assume) and haven't had a lawyer go through the documents ?

If you've already paid out the money, then its probably too late.

If you haven't, you should get a lawyer on to it asap.

I would never, repeat N E V E R, buy any property without a reputable lawyer going through everything. Its not going to cost you much in comparison to what you have paid, and you will know that what you have bought is actually identical to what you think you have bought. Its like insurance.

Money is too hard to get and too easy to lose.

I'm sorry to ask, but you have invested millions of baht (I assume) and haven't had a lawyer go through the documents ?

If you've already paid out the money, then its probably too late.

If you haven't, you should get a lawyer on to it asap.

I would never, repeat N E V E R, buy any property without a reputable lawyer going through everything. Its not going to cost you much in comparison to what you have paid, and you will know that what you have bought is actually identical to what you think you have bought. Its like insurance.

Money is too hard to get and too easy to lose.

I can't agree more! Saving money by leaving out a thorough due diligence search done by a lawyer is not a good idea.

A.P. is one of the biggest developers in Bangkok here and definitely trustworthy. I am sure that they use acceptable standard contracts. Just read the contract before you sign it and everything will be ok. Unfortunately A.P. only use contracts in Thai language, so if you cannot read Thai, you should let someone read it for you.

No

A bit of a divided issue. Im in the no camp. I have never used a lawyer and actually signed a power of attorney last time and they did all of the running around for me, I just turned up to pay and get my keys.

Ive never used a lawyer , if Ive smelt a rat I didnt buy it, if I didnt smell a rat and there was one Im a stupid twa*

When I bought my Wife bought her land we investigated it thoroughly ourselves first, in fact the land was held by a nominee of someone in a govt body who didnt want the govt knowing he owned it!!!

Buiyng direct off the developer ( A WELL KNOWN ONE) is more than likely very low risk, but unheard of or one off developments I would be wary.

Edited by travelmann

You stated "I don't see the need to hire a lawyer for this if the condo is finished already". Do you mean 'if' or 'as'?

If you have not gone over the property with a tape measure and fine tooth comb to ensure is it what you paid for in all respects, then that would be the first thing to do ... and the results might push you towards getting a lawyer involved.