Dual Sim Phones

monty1412

Home is BKK and have DTAC happy SIm card which I top up in normal ways. However constantly travelling throughout SE Asia mainly Singapore/PI/Malaysia and Indonesia.

getting sick of swapping in and out country sim cards and then having to swap back to get sms's from friend/ gf on DTAC sim.

Has anyone travelled with dual SIM phone.. comments/ suggestions welcomed

Thanks In advance

Rgds

I use a dual sim phone for the same reasons. Sure beats carrying 2 phones or swapping sims. Only negative is the lack of top spec phones offering two sims. I have a Samsung GT-B7722 and am quite happy with it 3G wifi bluetooth etc. If we were not transferring to the USA next year I was going to try a dual sim smartphone as I really like the Android operating system.

I had an Acer DX900, it was a hopeless piece of rubbish with two active SIMs and Windows Mobile operating system. I eventually threw it away and went back to hauling multiple phones around. One of the biggest drawbacks is that because the phone has to power two radios, battery life is very limited.

Hope somebody can bring out a good one soon.

you could try one of the multi sim cloner/copiers off ebay ..

they claim to store upto 16 sim cards on one 1 card.

so theoreticly you can put all you falang and thai and whereever cards all on the one card..

i've ordered one today and will update if it works .. i have 2 AIS, 1 Dtac, and one voda UK to put on it..

not sure if they are legal in thailadn though as not seen them in tutkom and many of the vendors exclude thailand..

no idea on the the reason though

you could try one of the multi sim cloner/copiers off ebay ..

they claim to store upto 16 sim cards on one 1 card.

so theoreticly you can put all you falang and thai and whereever cards all on the one card..

i've ordered one today and will update if it works .. i have 2 AIS, 1 Dtac, and one voda UK to put on it..

not sure if they are legal in thailadn though as not seen them in tutkom and many of the vendors exclude thailand..

no idea on the the reason though

Thanks ssshhh 9...... just googled this... allot of mention about new higher encryption sim cards being unclonable so intersted to see your results

Rgds

We were in asia and europe for 3 months this year, bought a twin sim a phone clone off ebay specifically for the trip, it was brilliant, not a problem anywhere, even darkest east germany, the phone itself cost 55$australian ,free delivery car and usb chargeable, even came with 2 batteries, it isa great phone 2.2 android from a company called Light in A Box, use it daily here in aus, just ordered a twinsim fliptop for the wife, we think they are great

Just make sure you read the spec of the specific phone you are buying.

Some only have one radio, so only one SIM is active at any time...

Many only have GSM, which means when you go to a true 3G country you won't have access to all the network (a UMTS phone will work on GSM, but not the other way around). Some have UMTS on one radio, but not the other.

Many don't cover all the frequencies so again, you won't access all the network where a base station might only have one frequency, rather than 2 or 3.

New Nokia ones are good for battery life, although they are not high end ones as market mainly is in developing countries. But good option if your aim is to make call and sms.

The i-mobile phones have worked ok for me, if what you want is a very basic phone to call/sms. Prices start around 1000B.

New Nokia ones are good for battery life, although they are not high end ones as market mainly is in developing countries. But good option if your aim is to make call and sms.

The i-mobile phones have worked ok for me, if what you want is a very basic phone to call/sms. Prices start around 1000B.

I have a cheapy Gnet 1,500 that holds 4 sims. Can answer a call from any sim.

Can I ask what model that is and where you bought it ??

Is that a big/heavy phone or a reasonably small and lightweight phone? Like an ordinary Nokia or Sony for example?

Price?

I was looking for an Android dual SIM phone , and my friend sent me this information on the new G-NET A series mobile phones

G-NETDUALSIM.jpg

These 5 models ( out of 9 new models ) were the ones my friend was personally interested in

A8

G-NETA8.png

A5

G-NETA5.png

A3

G-NETA3.png

A1

G-NETA1-G.png

A6

G-NETA6.png

Another approximate price list

a6-1.png

More Details at the G-NET Web Site

G-NET Web Site

or here

LINK

If you use SIM cards of 2 different countries in a single dual SIM phone. sooner or later what happens is:

you will accidentally activate the wrong SIM card and incur international roaming charges of several hundred USD.

Speaking from experience.

If you use SIM cards of 2 different countries in a single dual SIM phone. sooner or later what happens is:

you will accidentally activate the wrong SIM card and incur international roaming charges of several hundred USD.

Speaking from experience.

On a standard pay as you go sim ??

Who uses contract sims overseas ??

Can I ask what model that is and where you bought it ??

G235 model bought at local phone shop. Very small and light.

You could also look into getting a google voice number in a country where its offered then use the thai sim but still have your phone connected through data to a google voice number. Also skype has features such as this but requires a smart phone capable of running it in the background, personally for the price and connivence I would create a virtual skype number so you can have your thai friends text and call that number to reach you while abroad.

Edited by justsumhelp