Buying Used Bike In Trat Help Please :)

joelm

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site now at the suggestion of my friends here. I recently moved to Thailand and have a job on Koh Chang. I have been renting a motor bike (scooter) and have been paying monthly. I figure since I want to stay here for a while (maybe a few years +) then I may as well buy one as it will save me money in the long run right? My friend says that I should go over to Trat and buy a used bike, he figures I can get a 110cc not to used for as low as 20000-25000bat. Is this true? where should I go? I have been to Trat several times and seen lots of used bike shopes along the way. Do i need to wait until I have my work permit all sorted? or do I just need a fixed address? can I get this kind of deal? who should I trust? My friend is english but can speak thai, should I also bring a thai friend with me?? everything and anything anyone can tell me about buying a used bike in trat would be very helpful. I'm told I can get a better deal there then here in Koh Chang, and that the bike would be in better condition as it would not have been driving all theses hills, he said I can maybe get like one from a dealership thats been taken back because of lack of payments and that if I go with cash then Ill get a better deal,,, I'm not a rich guy so I want to make a good chooice here, what brand, where do i go, what should I pay, what do i do ?? lol any advice will be appreciated :)