Pardon For Thaksin: Thai Govt Takes Dangerous Path

webfact

I fear that another military coup will be on the near horizon again. A deep division will come between both factions, one that will not be able to be repaired.

Coup is not easy this time. Because police can counter-army coup. Police have guns too. And who runs Police?

Thailands finest dont have tanks/personel carriers/attack helicopters etc etc do they ?...BiB peashooters and 125cc Motocy's....:rolleyes:

Why does bringing a knife to a gunfight spring to mind when I read this post....:D

If the Army attack at mealtime, after dark, or when its raining, should be no contest.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry but to liken Thaksin to Hitler...?? well i would seriously consider seeing a shrink after such a comment.

Hitler and his crew, killed thousands/millions of innocent men, women and children! Thaksin got the Thai industry and country moving again.....killing how many people????

Come on chap !

thaksin was responsible for his "war on drugs" and thousands died as a result of it.

yeah but what you have to understand is, those junkies were gonna die anyway. For some, it was likely an ironic mercy.

The really merciful thing to do would be to not have any junkies. Of course, they wouldn't need "mercy" then. And there's the catch.

So basically, instead of being responsible for mass murder he was really making merit. I wouldn't put it past him to float that fairy tale.

But he might if he thinks he can make money on their fear,

and that fear makes him more powerful.

Pure wisdom.

Above is NOT my quote!

1000 apologies DocN, I went to edit it just now but it says I don't have authorisation when I click the edit button. Must have missed the cutoff grace period...sorry..! sad.gif

I rather let all others murderers and rapist in Thailand walk free than to see this man return to Thailand.

After all those money he stole from us Thais.

LOL :whistling: look out now maybe Thailand will get out of the 3rd world quagmire it has been left in since the coupe. Praise Buddha :jap: life is going to come back to Thailand.

For those who want to attack me with words and bad attitudes about what I say, I warn you, do not or we'll both be banned from ThaiVisa LOL

I see your point. I also heard (but not sure if it's true) that he got an innocent American business partner deported so that he could take control of a company.

The best thing Yingluck could do is promise the Thai people to put His Majesty's plan of flood prevention into action and most importantly, keep that promise.

I rather let all others murderers and rapist in Thailand walk free than to see this man return to Thailand.

After all those money he stole from us Thais.

There seems to be some forgetfulness as to the history of Takins corruption and alleged corruption, for the benefit of everyone looking at this latest fiasco has anyone got the facts that you can be laid down .

I now can't be sure how much I've heard is rumor and how much is fact..

as I remember it.

It started with a meteoric rise in wealth after Taksin was posted to the Burmese border as a Top cop.

Then a war on drugs , taking away competition and pushing up prices of Yahba (Allegedly)

land grabs prior to government tourist projects being announced

same for airport

muzzling of newspapers , and a private TV channel for himself prior to elections

Airport being over budget and under funded with money vanishing

Government concessions being given to friends or family.

And the tricky maneuvers to avoid paying billions in tax while he was supposed to taking care of his countries best interest.

I would love to see a more accurate list of wrongdoings and alleged wrong doings if anyone has that list..I'm sure I've missed a few interesting details.

I would love to see a more accurate list of wrongdoings and alleged wrong doings if anyone has that list..I'm sure I've missed a few interesting details.

I really enjoyed it when he shipped Aung San Suu Kyi a congratulations message upon her release. Cause they were in it together, two peace-loving freedom campaigners. I think it was seven years earlier, when he was doing some tidy business with some very bad Myanmar generals (with Thailand's money, of course) - he was on radio explaining why she needed to be in prison.

From memory, "for the sake of stability".

Or something hilarious like that.

There seems to be some forgetfulness as to the history of Takins corruption and alleged corruption, for the benefit of everyone looking at this latest fiasco has anyone got the facts that you can be laid down .

I now can't be sure how much I've heard is rumor and how much is fact..

as I remember it.

It started with a meteoric rise in wealth after Taksin was posted to the Burmese border as a Top cop.

Then a war on drugs , taking away competition and pushing up prices of Yahba (Allegedly)

land grabs prior to government tourist projects being announced

same for airport

muzzling of newspapers , and a private TV channel for himself prior to elections

Airport being over budget and under funded with money vanishing

Government concessions being given to friends or family.

And the tricky maneuvers to avoid paying billions in tax while he was supposed to taking care of his countries best interest.

You shure missed a LOT more, but it would take me at least a day o list them here. He is absolutely evel.

I really enjoyed it when he shipped Aung San Suu Kyi a congratulations message upon her release. Cause they were in it together, two peace-loving freedom campaigners. I think it was seven years earlier, when he was doing some tidy business with some very bad Myanmar generals (with Thailand's money, of course) - he was on radio explaining why she needed to be in prison.

From memory, "for the sake of stability".

Or something hilarious like that.

In all my life I have rarely seen or heard of as more 2 faced than this man---from the first time I heard of him and saw him, he sounded dodgy-looked dodgy, the smile and his antics in most things he deals in, gives most people an unsure feeling. I am generally a trusting person but my instincts tells me otherwise. How these 48% could be so gullible I don't know.

The winners make the rules. Yingluck/Thaksin won, Abhisit lost. The Thai people? They spoke at a free and fair election and have made their choice. Everyone knew that if Puea Thai won, Thaksin would come back. Seems that the majority of voters want Thaksin back.

It's Thailand, not Farangland. It's unbelievable how many Farangs can't seem to accept the choices that Thai people make in their own land.

No, the winners make the laws, provided that they are fair laws. Otherwise the winners could have all the losers executed and that would hardly be fair, or ban future elections.

A free and fair elections...mmm interesting description, paying the electorate?....yeh I suppose that is fair, if not free though, cost the taxpayers a fortune.

not Farangland?...true, but one can have an opinion...especially if one has travelled and seen similar crap going on around the world. Most of the electorate here have absolutely no idea what goes on 1km outside their village.

I fear that another military coup will be on the near horizon again. A deep division will come between both factions, one that will not be able to be repaired.

If their is to be a Coup it will have to be before the new rule gets a royal approval

After the army must accept the change

Coup is not easy this time. Because police can counter-army coup. Police have guns too. And who runs Police?

Don't you mean the Police can run to

Police V's Army

you have to be joking

Without a robust legal system there is no free society or democracy. The amnesty may fail for one reson or another( the signatury may have arthritis on the day) but if they try this trick again then the Army may step in, remember they are currently the heroes of the people they do have the support of the people if not the government.

Law and order is everything in Society, without you have nothing

By Yingluck not being at the meeting she will appear not to be a party to whats going on, although no doubt knew and has done nothing to reverse it. What shifty load of people they appear to be( give them sone doubt) I am sure the army are noting all the things they have promised and not delivered, the things they have been up to and these latest shenanegins and they have only been in power since August!!!

Thailand deserves better than this, unfortunately others in powre may think they personally deserve more.

I hope the world see the moral at work here

Pardon a convicted criminal who hasn't even started to serve his sentence :huh:

What would happen if a fugitive who would be pardoned under the Royal Pardon if he or she were actually residing in a Thai slammer, returned a couple of days before His Majesty's Birthday

(or whenever the Royal Pardon would actually be enacted), served a day or two, and then became eligible for pardon under the decree? Just a legalistic, hypothetical question.

He would not be pardoned of course, unless he has powerful friends or lot's of money

He has powerful friends because he has lots of money because he has powerful friends etc. etc.

What he doesn't have is any limit to his greed and ambition - or any persuasive evidence that he actually earned his university degrees.

On the contrary, the record shows that he has rarely, if ever, talked or acted like a well-educated person - quite the opposite, in fact.

Tulsathit (The Nation) had an interesting take on the amnesty issue last night on The Nation's daily show on "You Tube" (Meet The Editors). He said if Thaksin were to accept amnesty, that would mean he would be admitting he is guilty and this may lead to a legal issue for him in getting back the rest of his money. Interesting.

I feel that it is none of us foreigners business what happens to the former PM. Apparently the people want him, and for sure he is highly thought of in the outlying provinces. As another poster mentioned, business was booming under his leadership. My only fear about his return is will foreigners be screwed, since it might be payback for so many countries denying him a visa.

And if he screws you like you say that'll be alright then and you won't be complaining because it's still none of your business??

Dude - seriously - have you been doing bucket bongs all week or what?

Edited by GazR

Tulsathit (The Nation) had an interesting take on the amnesty issue last night on The Nation's daily show on "You Tube" (Meet The Editors). He said if Thaksin were to accept amnesty, that would mean he would be admitting he is guilty and this may lead to a legal issue for him in getting back the rest of his money. Interesting.

But that wouldn't apply to him because he's Thaksin Shinawatra and he's Thaksin Shinawatra so that wouldn't apply to him - and if you think even Thaksin wouldn't try a line as lame as that, well you probably don't remember the absolutely craven denial he put up about breaking his promise not to accept the prime ministership if he got less votes in the Democrat-boycotted election than the previous one (which is indeed what happened) by claiming that - percentage-wise - he got more. I don't recall ever seen a bigger shit-eating grin on a human being: Even the hack journalist-cum-quizshow host interviewing him was looking at Thaksin like he was something he stepped in stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

Edited by GazR