Pardon For Thaksin: Thai Govt Takes Dangerous Path

webfact

Its amazing how many farangs have opinions on this matter.

Yeah some of you might work here and have kids with a Thai women but i bet not even 0.1% of farang TV members can vote. This just isnt a farang matter at all.

Lets hope not many thais read this forum as its frankly quite embarassing when farang talk about Thai politics.

Thais dont care about what farangs think about there politics because A its none of our business and B we will never understand everything.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah some of you might work here and have kids with a Thai women but i bet not even 0.1% of farang TV members can vote. This just isnt a farang matter at all.

Lets hope not many thais read this forum as its frankly quite embarassing when farang talk about Thai politics.

Thais dont care about what farangs think about there politics because A its none of our business and B we will never understand everything.

Just because you don't not understand everything doesn't mean others do not.

1321493462[/url]' post='4852376']

"The pro-Thaksin camp has argued there is no law banning the pardon from being extended to those who have been convicted but have eluded punishment."

Quote:

I'm at a loss for words.....blink.gif

Unfortunately predictable and pathetic! With the new expenditures to insure reelection bankruptcy is also predictable like in most western countries, pay for the votes with money the country does not have

Hows about this then guys and gals!

I am over 60 have a retirement visa which I get extended every year, can Mr T fix it for me to have the visa free for the rest of my life and no annual fee would be handy. In recognition of this I would be prepared to eat noodles or similar from a street trader 5 days a week ( which help towards his 300 bts a day ) also I would do my best to consume 2 bottles of beer a day to help keep the economy on the move.

I dont understand everything and never spend much time trying. Its none of our business at all.

Thais will never take farang serious when it comes to decisions about there country. Infact most will laugh if a farang tries to give there point of view. They dont want to listen to a farang. Once you can vote i guess you might have a chance to say something they would take serious but i still highly doubt it.

I dont understand everything and never spend much time trying. Its none of our business at all.

Thais will never take farang serious when it comes to decisions about there country. Infact most will laugh if a farang tries to give there point of view. They dont want to listen to a farang. Once you can vote i guess you might have a chance to say something they would take serious but i still highly doubt it.

What about all the farang businesses that have invested here. Is it any of their business how the country is run?

Hows about this then guys and gals!

I am over 60 have a retirement visa which I get extended every year, can Mr T fix it for me to have the visa free for the rest of my life and no annual fee would be handy. In recognition of this I would be prepared to eat noodles or similar from a street trader 5 days a week ( which help towards his 300 bts a day ) also I would do my best to consume 2 bottles of beer a day to help keep the economy on the move.

You would be an unwanted pest in Thaksin's Thailand.

If you would guarantee to spend 30k baht per day on visits to exclusive spas, and eat 5 course meals at expensive restaurants that his family owns, then you might be someone that could conceivably be tolerated. Otherwise you mean nothing. Thais can eat noodles and drink cheap beer, and their minds are easier to manipulate. Your money may mean something, but only if you have enough of it to tolerate the scourge of your presence.

Definition of stupidity: People who don't have opinions on their own and adopt ideas/ideologies from others without understanding or really believing in them.

What about all the farang businesses that have invested here. Is it any of their business how the country is run?

Even you have a business you are not allowed to vote so the answer no.

Yingluck doesn't give a shit about being a political figure. she was only put in to do one thing... pardon Thaksin.

She has no power to do that. Thank God.

No she has the power, she can also pardon him over the constitution. There are a lot options....of course all dogy even for 3rd world country, but possible.

Yingluck is basically Thaksins fall guy.

I believe from the very start of her campaign she has been the sacrificial lamb that is required to throw herself into the political abyss of fail-minister in order that her evil-genius master may emerge triumphant from the flames of chaos that is current Thai politics and install a fully brutal and unforgiving totalitarian rule on the people.

Think China but with far better looking women.

Even you have a business you are not allowed to vote so the answer no.

Just because we aren't allowed to vote, doesn't mean that we shouldn't have a say.

All the foreign chambers of commerce lobby the government regarding different things that allow foreign businesses to operate in Thailand. They don't have a vote but can still affect the policies of the government.

The opinions of foreigners affect investment and tourism.

PM, " Couldn't fly at night because we had no radar in the helicopter" (So couldn't go to the cabinet meeting)

Helicopter Pilot, "Yes we do!" (Have radar!)

Result: court martial of helicpoter pilot.

Not so far! The Army has acknowledged that both helicopters assigned to the PM were equipped for night flight.

As a recent transplant into Thailand I know very little about Thai politics. Clearly it takes a more experienced mind to comment on what I see as a massive vulnerability for the Thai people at large. I feel obliged to point out that giving this man a pardon, under any circumstances, would diminish the outward appearance of credibility the Thai people as a whole possess. I hate to sound like a misanthrope, as I know I do, but I am under no illusions about the once and perhaps future misalignment of logic that has seemingly been thrown under the bus at all levels of Thai society. The Thai people face a massive undertaking; an important step in correcting and reversing the impact of the flood. What is there to say about a Government that uses valuable time resources to intentionally sideline a massive environmental and economic tragedy?

Surely the deal is that ordinary Thais, understanding realpolitik, have to embrace Thaksin & sister as the means by which they will get some say in how their country's resources are managed.

I.e. they believe there isn't another way, for now, to break the power of the kleptocracy which has ruled Thailand for generations.

Every time ordinary people have protested the kleptocracy without an alliance with a mainstream party, they've been machine gunned.

Looked at in that light, I can understand their embrace of the Shinawatras, odiferous though they may be.

The fact that Thailand is his country, alone, is enough to justify Thaksin's desire to return.

Personally, I think his going into exile was a mistake. He should have gone and sat out his two years in prison, then it would be a resolved issue. Going into exile only compounded his so-called 'crimes' ie, now he's a fugitive.

Had he swallowed his pride and had some foresight, all that would be behind him now and he could walk the streets a free man. He may never be able to do that now, even with a pardon.

PM, " Couldn't fly at night because we had no radar in the helicopter" (So couldn't go to the cabinet meeting)

Helicopter Pilot, "Yes we do!" (Have radar!)

Result: court martial of helicpoter pilot.

Not so far! The Army has acknowledged that both helicopters assigned to the PM were equipped for night flight.

Yes, equipped for night flight; but do they work.

For example, the Thai Aircraft carrier is equipment with a fleet of harrier . . . . that no longer fly. I wonder why?

The winners make the rules. Yingluck/Thaksin won, Abhisit lost. The Thai people? They spoke at a free and fair election and have made their choice. Everyone knew that if Puea Thai won, Thaksin would come back. Seems that the majority of voters want Thaksin back.

It's Thailand, not Farangland. It's unbelievable how many Farangs can't seem to accept the choices that Thai people make in their own land.

The fact that Thailand is his country, alone, is enough to justify Thaksin's desire to return.

Personally, I think his going into exile was a mistake. He should have gone and sat out his two years in prison, then it would be a resolved issue. Going into exile only compounded his so-called 'crimes' ie, now he's a fugitive.

Had he swallowed his pride and had some foresight, all that would be behind him now and he could walk the streets a free man. He may never be able to do that now, even with a pardon.

The problem with that scenario would have been that, as a prisoner, he wouldn't have been able to avoid trials for the various other crimes he is accused of.

The problem with that scenario would have been that, as a prisoner, he wouldn't have been able to avoid trials for the various other crimes he is accused of.

TS made the statement "I will not serve one day in prison"

Edited by pimay11

I believe if TS was pardoned it would be the first time in history a person actively on the run from authorities would be pardoned. That's simply not how it's ever worked..in any country. But TIT!!

Finally a regional hub they can be really proud of...:whistling:

TS made the statement "I will not serve one day in proson"

Do you really believe everything he says???

TS made the statement "I will not serve one day in proson"

Do you really believe everything he says???

Good one :thumbsup: