PAD Vows To Thwart Government On Thaksin Pardon

Lite Beer

PAD has had its heyday as the impetus behind a party that was never elected, but rather existed as a puppet of a military government.

Now PAD's party is the minority. Need to bide its time until it can win the majority of the Thai voting public. The problem in Thai politics is that the losers never seem to be patient with a vote that runs against them. Other democracies have learned to wait it out for the 2 or 4 years until the current rascals can be thrown out by the voters, if need be. Why can't the minority here wait it out?

If they can't wait, it represents and infantile understanding of the democratic process, or at best, an immature inability to be patient. If the ruling party is wrong, give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. That's what a mature and patient political antagonist would do. Not sure if we have that kind of mettle among PAD supporters here. They're past history already shows their mind-set: "If you can't get it democratically, then send in the guys with the guns to do your dirty work."

Not sure you've been following Thai politics or some cliched red shirt fantasy story, because your claims have little to do with the reality of the situation. You could start by reading Hanaman1 and Lannabreaths posts on this thread. Both guys are talking about what really happpened/is happening. Can't say the same for you.

One thing I can certainly agree with you about: Your version of reality and mine have not intersected at any point, I believe. rolleyes.gif

One thing I really like is when posters tell what their objectives are:

Especially when some readers can't see beyond the obvious. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic