Can I Use A Gun On Gekkos?

wjmark

A more humane, but only slightly, method would be to use a vacuum cleaner to catch and evict. Further still, build a large vacuum cleaner-powered pooter (Google pooter for collecting insects and scale it up with the vacuum providing suction instead of the mouth.) I mean, if you really do have swarms of them.

pooter3.gif

PS: I note Americans refer to these as 'aspirator guns' - so it does satisfy the OP's title question smile.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, you have a gun!! You're a big boy now!!

but......He did not say a gun did he?

I am considering shooting some harmful chemical at them from a spray bottle (bleach?).

Thanks for reading and paying attention!

No he did not say gun he said

"38 Magnum"

Actually the question was one that he has the answer for.

How does he expect us to know if he can hit a gecko with a gun. For all I know he can not hit the broad side of a barn with one a gun.

Good point about my crappy aim.

So I can surmise that I really shouldn't use one of the most powerful handguns in the world to kill a 1 gram animal?

(Actually, I agree)

Go and see a doctor, you have a serious problem.

I don't see how a doctor would be any better at shooting Gekkos than anyone else... :whistling:

Thank you! What type professional should I look for? Dentists? Lawyers? Government politicians???

Unlike most of the posters here I seem to be able to keep mosquitoes out of my house. I can't keep those f'n geckos out though.

They shit all over my curtains,bedding, cars, everything. You call that a favour?

The OP asked for any known ways of getting rid of them whatever that me be.

As usual on TV he was denigrated for asking a simple question and the semi literates who inhabit this forum attack him personally.

I am afraid that I must disagree with you strongly.

Very literate people can be just as asinine!!!

;)

Get a cat. they disappared in no time...

use a broom to wack em dead, same as they do in hotels and resorts.

good luck!

Wish I were allowed a cat - sigh.

And thank you - I never actually thought of using the good old broom.

Probably the most effective answer so far...

As far as taming them a bit, a friend of mine bought one of those silly wooden guns in the Walking Street that shoots rubber bands. It seems the geckos learn where they face consequences and now stay clear of the ceiling and light over his porch and living room hangout areas. So... now no dropping geckos and no gecko droppings in two key areas.

Great! I wouldn't mind them if I could keep the shit out of the kitchen!

I will try that too.

(Can a gekko really learn?????)

A 38 magnum definitely.

After it vaporizes the gecko, the ricocheting bullet bouncing around the concrete walls of your abode will surely eliminate an over-reactive perpetrator as well. whistling.gif

So actually you are ridiculing me? Perhaps you can suggest something bigger than a 38 magnum! On of those 50caliber 5-mile-range sniper rifles?

I have a few of those sitting in my bedstand beside my huge collection of handguns.

Being Canadian, naturally I was raised on buying armaments by the pound. B)

Yeh, a 38 magnum is a bra size or a big bottle of champaign, isn't it?

Oh great. Now I have to wine and dine them. And then have sex too.

Well, I might give it a try. Better than a ricochet through my temple (probably...).

A more humane, but only slightly, method would be to use a vacuum cleaner to catch and evict. Further still, build a large vacuum cleaner-powered pooter (Google pooter for collecting insects and scale it up with the vacuum providing suction instead of the mouth.) I mean, if you really do have swarms of them.

PS: I note Americans refer to these as 'aspirator guns' - so it does satisfy the OP's title question

Excellent! Both practical, smart, and satisfies my obvious urges for a bit of the old ultra-violence!

Seriously? It is a great idea - even better than the broom. Easy enough to build too...

Oh wait. I do have a problem with your idea. It keeps them alive doesn't it? I guess that's ok too. :jap:

Edited by wjmark

re locating seems a good idea but it seems you still want to kill them

such a small animal and can be captured and re located without any fuss

if it was a dugite, tiger snake, brown snake then killing them could be an option but a small lizzard, killing it because it shits on you

give me a break

A 38 magnum definitely.

After it vaporizes the gecko, the ricocheting bullet bouncing around the concrete walls of your abode will surely eliminate an over-reactive perpetrator as well. whistling.gif

So actually you are ridiculing me?

Simple science. whistling.gif

A 38 magnum definitely.

Being Canadian, naturally I was...

OH! He's CANADIAN! Case mfr_closed1.gif..

Signed,

Understanding Seattle-lite

A 38 magnum definitely.

So actually you are ridiculing me? Perhaps you can suggest something bigger than a 38 magnum! On of those 50caliber 5-mile-range sniper rifles?

I have a few of those sitting in my bedstand beside my huge collection of handguns.

Being Canadian, naturally I was raised on buying armaments by the pound. B)

Is this a picture of your computer room, if you have a couple of those sniper rifles at your bedstand ? :lol:

Is this a picture of your computer room, if you have a couple of those sniper rifles at your bedstand ? :lol:

Wow! Big guns AND big monitors.

Now I feel very inadequate...

Haven't you ever heard size doesn't matter? An ounce of that explosive plastic stuff (which shall remain unnamed here due to those internet bots that sleuth terrorist communications) would take care of that roomful of big stuff for ya.

Signed,

Ah, Seattle. We consider you guys 'almost' Canadian!

eh?

Yeah, but that "eh" stuff still makes us shudder. (Along with "shhhhedule," "beeeen there, done that," and "agayne and agayne you make fun of my English," etc., etc.) wink.gif

That's OK, however, because your BBQ'd salmon steaks and Nanaimo bars cover a multitude of sins.

Signed,

eh?

Yeah, but that "eh" stuff still makes us shudder. (Along with "shhhhedule," "beeeen there, done that," and "agayne and agayne you make fun of my English," etc., etc.) wink.gif

That's OK, however, because your BBQ'd salmon steaks and Nanaimo bars cover a multitude of sins.

Get oot you! Go oot and buy yourself a Coffee Crisp

Signed,

eh?

Get oot you! Go oot and buy yourself a Coffee Crisp

Can't: Banned/controlled substance outside of Canuck-land. unsure.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

Can't: Banned/controlled substance outside of Canuck-land. unsure.gif

How do you like your coffee? I like my coffee crisp. You like your coffee crisp?

I like my Coffee Crisp!

(Only in Canada? Pity.)

Yup, saw that poster at the Thai customs checkpoint. Next to the Vegemite warning.

Signed,

eh?

The only reason Canadians say eh is because the states had first choice and they took huh

Signed,

eh?

The only reason Canadians say eh is because the states had first choice and they took huh

...and "arai wah?" was way, way down the line? cool.gif

Thought you Mounties were supposed to be nice chaps. Couldn't bring myself to harming one of those little beauties. Have absolutely no problem knocking out humans but geckos are great and part of the landscape here. In fact, when down south, used to catch em to release into apartment to take care of the mossies.

How about a metre-long stick attached to a plastic tub; plonk it over the top, slide card underneath, then let em go outside. Whatever you do, don't go throwing 'bleach' on them. <deleted>.

How about a metre-long stick attached to a plastic tub; plonk it over the top, slide card underneath, then let em go outside. Whatever you do, don't go throwing 'bleach' on them. <deleted>.

Nobody has to worry about me throwing bleach around. Or bullets for that matter. I like the little critters too. I don't even have any bleach. Or bullets. Or a Magnum. Nor 50cal sniper rifles.

But I am not going to move just because of some dirty little critters in my kitchen. Oh yah - in my air conditioner too.

So yes,I have (fortunately for the little guys) learned an elegant way to capture and release. I will tape a cardboard box to my vacuum cleaner with a piece of gauze inside. Stick the hose in the box - and humane magic. Environmentally friendly. No gekkos were injured in the making of this thread.

And once I have them all boxed...

I can throw them over the balcony hahahhahah die die die die

or just take them to my buddy's apt on the 5th floor and let them go there

Does anyone want them as pets - they are cute

goodnight

Best line ever!