Can I Use A Gun On Gekkos?

wjmark

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go and see a doctor, you have a serious problem.

Yes I am sick. Must be from the gekko shit in my food

WJMark: No mate; you're not suffering from any ailment; what you suffer from, at best, is a slight dose of 'ignorance'. You live in Thailand, where Buddhism teaches us to treasure ALL LIFE -and- that includes tookays (Gekkos). Read-up on it,my friend and you will feel one helluva-lot more uncomfortable had you killed scores of innocent little (extremely interesting little "velcro'd feet") creatures, as opposed to the slight discomfort from sharing their world and existence with them . . . .

Turn the other cheek: cover your food-stuffs (we all do this) and live happily ever after in the knowledge that you did not take any lives.

Please think about this,okay ?

Cheers,

JGK

How about a metre-long stick attached to a plastic tub; plonk it over the top, slide card underneath, then let em go outside. Whatever you do, don't go throwing 'bleach' on them. <deleted>.

Nobody has to worry about me throwing bleach around. Or bullets for that matter. I like the little critters too. I don't even have any bleach. Or bullets. Or a Magnum. Nor 50cal sniper rifles.

But I am not going to move just because of some dirty little critters in my kitchen. Oh yah - in my air conditioner too.

So yes,I have (fortunately for the little guys) learned an elegant way to capture and release. I will tape a cardboard box to my vacuum cleaner with a piece of gauze inside. Stick the hose in the box - and humane magic. Environmentally friendly. No gekkos were injured in the making of this thread.

And once I have them all boxed...

I can throw them over the balcony hahahhahah die die die die

or just take them to my buddy's apt on the 5th floor and let them go there

Does anyone want them as pets - they are cute

goodnight

The only reason Canadians say eh is because the states had first choice and they took huh

Best line ever!

You my frriend are bloody baa mak mak! Those lovely little buggers eat all those horrible mosquitos that love to bloody gad me.

I love them! very naraak mak mak!

Ingredients:

4-6 large geckos

3 oranges

2 limes

After skinning the geckos, dress and cut up the meat. Marinate in sour orange juice, or in sweet orange juice acidulated with lemon juice. Add 1 teaspoon whole peppers and a dash nutmeg. After 3 hours, drain and wipe the meat dry. Season with salt, dip in beaten egg and in fine bread crumbs, and fry in deep, hot fat. Or it may be sautéed in butter until brown and tender.

Serves 2-3 persons.

:rolleyes:

A gun would be over kill surely, maybe an air rifle, then you have to clean the dead gekko with the crap as well. Maybe there are some young boys in your building that you can pay to remove them.

Disagree. They move quickly and can easily be missed. The problem with a gun is not that it's overkill it's that it's too precise, what is needed are grenades and shoulder rockets.

Edited by OriginalPoster

In one of my kitchen cupboards a pair or gecko's took residence...uninvited and unwanted.

To discourage them .I placed a mothball in there. Gecko's ar'nt supposed to like them.

Gecko's moved out !!

No bullets,poisons,flameguns,no dead bodies to dispose of....simple persuasion.

Get a cat. they disappared in no time...

use a broom to wack em dead, same as they do in hotels and resorts.

good luck!

Wish I were allowed a cat - sigh.

And thank you - I never actually thought of using the good old broom.

Probably the most effective answer so far...

Where can I find a cat that can walk upside down on my ceilings where the geckos inhabit?