Long Term House Rental

thomasbkk

Sadly, the best way is to drive around looking for signs and then ring the ones you like and haggle the price. If you go through a property shop of web site you will most likely pay a much higher rent because of fees and commissions. Now that you've posted this you may get some responses directly from owners though so that is your first step in finding a place. :)

You wont pay more by going through an agent as its the owner that pays any commissions...sure agents normally only list more expensive properties as it really isnt worth bothering for something that is 6K a month......the added benefit from going through an agent is that you will have a contract and they will be a mediator between you and the landlord if any problems arise....going direct for cheap properties is the only way but not the safest.

You wont pay more by going through an agent as its the owner that pays any commissions...sure agents normally only list more expensive properties as it really isnt worth bothering for something that is 6K a month......the added benefit from going through an agent is that you will have a contract and they will be a mediator between you and the landlord if any problems arise....going direct for cheap properties is the only way but not the safest.

Try" Home Property Services "in Hua Hin ,ask for Fern ,she has all kinds of places .Web site is www.homepropertyservices.com or shoot me an email ,what price range are you looking for ?Pool villa ?,Condo ? House ?Apartment ?How long ?How close to center city? etc..... so many things to consider .

Try" Home Property Services "in Hua Hin ,ask for Fern ,she has all kinds of places .Web site is www.homepropertyservices.com or shoot me an email ,what price range are you looking for ?Pool villa ?,Condo ? House ?Apartment ?How long ?How close to center city? etc..... so many things to consider .

I am new in this forum, sorry. But how can I send you an email?

I am new in this forum, sorry. But how can I send you an email?

How can I send you an emial? Sorry, I am new in this forum

Sadly, the best way is to drive around looking for signs and then ring the ones you like and haggle the price. If you go through a property shop of web site you will most likely pay a much higher rent because of fees and commissions. Now that you've posted this you may get some responses directly from owners though so that is your first step in finding a place. :)

Right, do so I did too and get realy good opportunities. I moved 2 times in HH between 5 years and each time by this way I found nice houses almost 40% cheaper then via a agency. If you have take a Thai friend with you on motorbike or car, not each private person talk English or other foreign language. Good luck. As an idea I rent first a home 100 m2 small garden 3 bed/1 living room in Soi 6 Phetchakasem for 7000 and now in Tippawan 125 m2 with larger garden for 10'000 (non furnished) this are good prices. :jap:

the really bad thing is, that almost 80 or even 90% of the offered houses from agencies are not really available because they are already rented out for long tern; the other ones are actually rented out and can not be viewed. What kind of Business behaviour is this?

the really bad thing is, that almost 80 or even 90% of the offered houses from agencies are not really available because they are already rented out for long tern; the other ones are actually rented out and can not be viewed. What kind of Business behaviour is this?

very easy to explain. many know if they use a middle man they lose on rent or have dart time to rent because the agencies add to much. Alredy few agencies also went bankrupt in Hua Hin and a very large decimated the office on 1/4 surface. I see and hear often pople from agencies turn around with motorcycle and take pictures from houses which are rent but have no order from owner. So if you look for such house in the agency it can happen this object is already rent direct between the 2 partners.

Again do same, drive fm village to village and you find many houses for rent B)

You could try browsing around asiapropertyworld.com and if you don't find what you are looking for you can send a message to any or all of the estate agents using the service. You mght find it esier than trawling throgh several sites.

Just a suggestion - when you find the property that you like try and take it on a trail basis for a week because if you have signed up long term then you might find yourself stuck there without being able to get your deposit back if you decide that you don't like the area.

You wont pay more by going through an agent as its the owner that pays any commissions...

Yes, you will in most cases as explained above. The owner, knowing the commission they have to pay raise the rental price to pass this on to the renter. I do the same with the home I have for sale. I will give nearly a million baht discount to a buyer who comes without an agent as I don't have to pay that commission. The commission is generally factored into the price of anything and that expense is passed on to the final buyer.

unless you're too busy to get out and look yourself or have money to throw around it's just not worth using an agency, I have tried both and always found the property I wanted by getting out there and looking.

unless you're too busy to get out and look yourself or have money to throw around it's just not worth using an agency, I have tried both and always found the property I wanted by getting out there and looking.

I agree, same me and always found a very nice place much cheaper (we can say easy 30 - 40% less then any agency). Aborad agencies are modest and satisfied with 5 - 10% of commission, here I saw in the north eg. CNX is less then on tourist places as Hua Hin they charge you easy the higest possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Agencies always work better for me because I have specific requirements (big yard, dogs allowed in the house, high fence, AC in the living room and bedroom, security, etc.). Driving around is fine, but you don't know what the owners have/will accept, so it's a pain to contact each one to find out. With an agency, you just give them a list of requirements and they'll find you houses that fit. I don't think I've paid more than what's "normal" for the type of house I have, so agencies have worked fine for me.