Gogo Bar In Rawai

FlyByNights

Women dancers in an ago-go bar in Rawai. Shuffling around a pole whilst scratching the back of their eye-ball with a map of the world on their stomachs.

No thanks, rather look at them covered and use my imagination (which doesn't include stretch-marks).

:cheesy: Now your talking !!! So true .........

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I see no that The Spot gogo is not going to happen. I knew from the start that trying to pull of such a venture just doesn't take money, but more importantly the need for GIRLS. Without the girls they unfortunately will not be able to do nothing more but dream. Advertising 9,000 BHT per month for dancers is not going to cut it. A decent dancer will make at least 25,000-45,000 per month. Stunners can easily make 100,000 per month.

I read on one of the post that the owner just sold some property for 100 million?I'm sure with this amount of money there shouldn't have been any problems inregards to the salary. Maybe it's the entertainment license that is impossible to get that is keeping them from opening?

Anyways, I see the building next to the Freebird is going ahead as planned, but instead with a COYOTE NIGHT, Thursday, Fridays , and Saturdays... I wonder what they are going to do the rest of the days. Pulling off a Coyote is possible,but if they do this is has to be a high energy place on a constant basis.Coyote music originates and is mostly remixed in Pattaya. They will not be able to mix this type of music with say, the Eagles ,Bon Jovi or the Rolling Stones. I hope they know this and stick to the script.

Anyone know when this place is supposed to open?

BTW, here is a link for those of you who are not familiar with Coyote dancing.

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

I don't know much about bars, but I took a ride around Rawai and Nai Harn last night and it was DEAD! This is supposed to be "high season!" I use to go out to some bars a few years ago around here and there were some pretty busy places. The last thing I would be doing is opening another bar around here now, unless you just want to lose your money.

I don't know much about bars, but I took a ride around Rawai and Nai Harn last night and it was DEAD! This is supposed to be "high season!" I use to go out to some bars a few years ago around here and there were some pretty busy places. The last thing I would be doing is opening another bar around here now, unless you just want to lose your money.

Sunshine was packed.

I think it is possible Jimi007, it just takes a solid foundation of fun, girls,and entertainment. Most bar deviate from all three things just mentioned. First they need to know what their target market is. If it were my decision my target market would be tourist, but as mentioned in earlier posts, which expat wants to pay tourist prices? Most of the bars patrons here are mostly friends(expats) of the owner. They are used to their own little way and unfortunately tourists are looking for something more exciting than a bunch of blue hairs talking S!*% all day. A good example would be the Sunshine bar . They put on a good show, and by the looks of it every evening they do a good job.

The tourists are here, but they are on package holidays. They mostly stay at their respective resorts, eat at them, drink at them and spend a majority oftheir time there. Sometimes bar owners forget the importance of PR and Marketing. This is so essential if they are trying to target the tourist market, and especially if they are the new kid on the block.

Connections, connections, and more connections is the way I see it aswell.... Then maybe within 1 or 2 yrs they will have their place of business branded as being one of the good places to go while on holiday here in Phuket.

BTW, any members know how are the two other places on the main rd (Viset) are doing. I think the bars are called The Cave and Juniors?

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess no GOGO in Rawai? Just wanted to see if someone can give an update to what happened.... Also the COYOTE night next to the Freebird Bar didn’t go down to well I guess... Drove by the other day and I guess they changed their theme yet again.

What is happening in the Rawai and Nai Harn area.

Everything seems to change all the time. If some of these places would just stick with the program, maybe the place would work if lucky.

So I guess no GOGO in Rawai? Just wanted to see if someone can give an update to what happened.... Also the COYOTE night next to the Freebird Bar didn’t go down to well I guess... Drove by the other day and I guess they changed their theme yet again.

What is happening in the Rawai and Nai Harn area.

Everything seems to change all the time. If some of these places would just stick with the program, maybe the place would work if lucky.

LOL! Yeah it seems to be dead around here again. But , I don't really care, I'll be glad when "high season" is over!

• 5 months later...

Anyone know what happened with "Barka"?

Just wanted to follow up with him in regards to the "The Spot" in Rawai.

I still drive by sometimes, but seems it's still not open? Maybe some of you that frequent this area can share some info on what is happening down on that side of town nowadays.

Where is 'Barka" ?

Where is 'Barka" ?

He went back to the UK several months ago. Health problems (I think).

Barka will be back in LOS next month. The GOGO bar is defintely not happening! Foolish notion dead in the water before it was launched.

Where is 'Barka" ?

He went back to the UK several months ago. Health problems (I think).

Barka will be back in LOS next month. The GOGO bar is defintely not happening! Foolish notion dead in the water before it was launched.

I was wondering what happened. He seemed to know the latest happenings in the area.

Such a shame with that place. From outside still looks good. but never had a chance to look inside. Someone know what is happening there?

8,000,000 songs

Bet thegirls cant dance to any of them ' oh well good job there half naked 'w00t.gif

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE RAIN HAS GONE . I hope that's on the playlist come on now with 8m there has got be other's

• 4 weeks later...

When is this place due to open its doors?

Wouldn't mind a pretty young farm girl drooling over my baht.

When??????

Not going to happen, place was finished a year ago but they could not get staff. Seen the owner (he was abrood) and his lady (pregnant) and not much is happening

• Like 1

Ridiculous to believe that this was a hobby go go bar for one rich guy.

I'm sure that story got cooked up around the gossipy expat bars in that area.

Don't forget that everyone knows a big policeman or army general.

If you know so much, why are you asking?

The guy opened up the place but it didn't take off so it's now closed, and what do you mean by the comment about big policeman/army general? Have you been gossiping? whistling.gif

The guy opened up the place but it didn't take off so it's now closed, and what do you mean by the comment about big policeman/army general? Have you been gossiping? whistling.gif

Thanks for filling me in with the local gossip. Wasn't aware that it had opened and failed so quick.

Thanks for filling me in with the local gossip. Wasn't aware that it had opened and failed so quick.

Never opened. The 1 in Nai Harn did but closed after a few weeks.