Thanks Samsung For A Great Service

JollyRoger

My 4 year old Samsung 40" LCD TV went on the blink three weeks ago so I took it to their service and repair shop, which is situated on the Sukhumvit Road next to the entrance to The Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They checked it in and said they would tell me shortly what was wrong with it. A week later they called me to say a major component was faulty and would need replacing and that it would cost 20,000 baht to repair. I was mortified and told the shop I wasn't very happy that a TV that was only four years old should need major repairs so soon and could they have a word with their head office, They said they would and I left it with them. Today, two weeks later, they called me to say they had found in my favour, had scrapped the old TV and were giving me a brand new LCD 40" replacement. Is that not good service or not.

Many thanks Samsung.

That's great service..

Must have been the LCD screen itself at that price, although it would have been a write off anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised there when I smashed the screen on my brand new Galaxy S2 mobile... I knew it wouldn't be covered by warranty and the cost to replace the screen was only 4000 Baht..

Nice to hear good news for a change. I had a Samsung NC10 Netbook which had a problem with the screen. Brought it to Samsung on Sukhumvit and after two weeks they called me back and told me the motherboard needed replacement @ ~5.000 baht ... for a 2 year old Netbook that I could probably buy new now for less than 9,000. I wasn't too impressed with that.

Nice to hear good news for a change. I had a Samsung NC10 Netbook which had a problem with the screen. Brought it to Samsung on Sukhumvit and after two weeks they called me back and told me the motherboard needed replacement @ ~5.000 baht ... for a 2 year old Netbook that I could probably buy new now for less than 9,000. I wasn't too impressed with that.

Acer quoted me B7,000 for a new mainboard for my Acer netbook. I walked away from that deal. I then bought a Samsung that has treated me well for a couple of years . . . maybe its time is nigh? But I don't often use it.

Well lucky you! As far as I am concerned SAMSUNG SUCKS! I will NEVER buy another Samsung product if I live to be 500 years old. I purchased an expensive big flat screen Samsung TV. After two months one of the important keys on the remote went out. They said the remote was not covered by the warranty and it cost me over 2,000 baht to replace the remote. How can you use a modern TV without a remote? And yes, before you say it, I was polite and smiled the whole time.

I had a Samsung washer. Guarantee, one year, motor five years. The motor went out after fourteen months. The motor warranty would be voided. They had a flat service charge to come to my house to look at it, another charge to diagnose the problem (which I already knew to be the motor and not the capacitor – I know how and have the equipment to test). Only after that would they be ab le to tell me the additional service charge to change the motor which would be provided FREE – Ha! I told them to forget it.

I bought my wife and expensive Samsung phone, guarantee one year. Again, at 14 months the screen went out. It cost 1,200 baht for the repair. Six months later it went out again. I threw it in the dumper and bought her a different brand.

A year and a half ago, I bought Samsung’s top-of-the-line MP3 player, a YP-P3 with 32 GB of memory. The damned thing cost over 12,000 baht. It was a nice little unit with, you guessed it, a one year warranty. But after only 10 months the touch screen stopped working properly. It seemed like it might have been a software problem. I took it in and they sent it off somewhere. It came back repaired (same unit, same serial number). It worked fine for another six months or so and then exactly the same problem re-occurred. I took it in last week. After some phone calls they told me it was the touch screen and could not be repaired at any price. I was a little taken aback. Apparently, they no longer offer this product, now being obsessed with the marketing of their new Galaxy. They have withdrawn all service and parts for my 12,000+ baht, one and one-half year old MP3 player. Well fuc_k me! I just smiled and walked out of the shop, annoyed, but not surprised.

I am happy you got lucky with Samsung. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product.

Thanks for sharing this, JollyRoger.

We need more positive entries on this board !

rudi

here we go:

Posted 2009-03-09 11:15:45

in january 2006 i bought a Samsung 67" LDP TV and 139,000 Baht and in august the same year Mrs Naam bought the same model for "only" 118,000 Baht. a few weeks ago my TV conked off, not completely but intermittendly on/off on/off on/off. so i confiscated the TV from the Mrs and threw the ball in her lap.

"engineers" from Numchai, Pattaya concluded "motherboard gone" and took the unit for repair. a few days later we were told that it will take at least one month as the part has to be ordered in Korea, total cost something like 29,000 Baht :D more than one month passed and after enquiring we were told by Samsung Service Center, Pattaya "solly, lepair no can do". we asked "vhat ze eff does zat mean?" and "vhat shall vee do now?" :o

Samsung, BKK got involved, called me today and i understood that due to the fact that the TV is more than three years old we can respect a refund of 33%. today it turned out that Samsung is offering cash "new price LESS 33%" which i think is a very fair settlement. by the way, LDP models are not produced anymore because Samsung had obviously too many problems with that rather unique but excellent system. i do hope that the confiscated TV will last some more years as Mrs Naam will buy a Plasma or an LCD for herself :D