Act Of Parliament To Help Thaksin: Chalerm

webfact

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Tuesday confirmed the government would enact a legislation to restore justice for "everyone", including former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed".

How pathetic. First of all he and everyone else know he is lying. Secondly he is insulting the intelligence of every Thai person in this country.

Who are you to speak for the people of Thailand.

Most people still love him.

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thails that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

I think the only people who do not love him are Farang bar owners and their Customers

If most Thai people still love him, why didn't PT win a single seat south of Bkk?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the Thai people like him

Dear Harry,

I have a couple of hundred of Thai friends in all walks of life ... rich to poor ... Northern, Northeastern, Central and Southern ... and only a minority (maybe 25%) of these people like him. So I am not so sure about your point of view here

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Tuesday confirmed the government would enact a legislation to restore justice for "everyone", including former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed".

How pathetic. First of all he and everyone else know he is lying. Secondly he is insulting the intelligence of every Thai person in this country.

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thails that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

I think the only people who do not love him are Farang bar owners and their Customers

If most Thai people still love him, why didn't PT win a single seat south of Bkk?

Rephase... Most Thai people in BKK and northward still love him...

Or, the 2011 elction was an election for YS, not for TS.

Edited by sparebox2

Writing laws to make your criminal actions legal is standard operating procedure for Shinawatra led governments. The problem is that things tend to change with time, and the more serious criminal acts don't come under the Statute of Limitations.

No matter how fast you run, your past eventually catches up to you.

PM confirms Thaksin's name is not included in the royal pardon decree list for Dec 5 /via ThaiPBS /TANN

Of course Thaksin's name is not on the list. The decree simply says something like "all persons aged 60 and older". Just wait and we shall see.

There are a lot of Thai people who don't love Thaksin. Nearly every one from the Petchburi to the Malaysian border doesn't like him and most of the inhabitants of Bangkok and other cities don't like him. He has a very limited appeal to his own ethnic group, the Thai Chinese city dwellers. Mainly only Thai Chinese who directly benefit from his cronyism like him. His mass appeal lies only with the Northeastern and Northern rural populations who remain largely poor and uneducated. Virtually all of his red shirt leaders come from the deep South and are also hated by their own people. The Pheua Thai politicians are largely ethnic Chinese from the provincial cities and largely disliked by their own people. Thaksin has the majority behind him but it is interesting that he and the leaders of his political party and his militant street movement are largely despised by the segments of Thai society from which they originate.

Perhaps one day the Northeastern and Northern rural people will find their own voices and their own leaders who will deal with real issues like education, labour rights, land reform and corruption. This type of leader has traditionally been seen as a threat to the establishment and Thaksin style capitalists alike and rapidly murdered before they could become too popular. Until they can develop a new generation of their own leaders the poor will have to make do with ruthless, greedy Thai Chinese capitalists pretending to be popularists.

Edited by Arkady

I think the pardon idea was Chalerm's plan B and now he moves on to plan C which is some kind of general amnesty but this might not be constitutional and could piss off the red shirts by giving amnesties to those involved in the crack down on last year's rioters. Everything will eventually lead back to his original plan A which was to annul the two 2007 constitutions after a referendum and render all everything set up pursuant to them null and void, including the AEC which investigated Thaksin for corruption. The military needs to be neutralised beforehand by amending the Defence Act to allow the government to fire the top brass. They are not going to like this much.

I think it is a good idea. Chalerm should be commended for offering a clean slate to Abhisit and Suthep and I'd imagine the PAD as they are part of the political conflict. The best bit is with the slate wiped clean they can all start again from scratch - Yipeeee!

"I have never kept this idea (bring Thaksin home) a secret and publicly announced my plans during the election campaign." Chalerm

What is the reason for bringing Thaksin "home"? Is he going to make a lot of people rich?

This clean slate for Abhisit and Suthep is a joke. The country had to be protected from a terrorist attack with blatant public threats to burn down the country including the hospital where his majesty is recuperating.

"justice for everyone" is this Chalerm guy suggesting that there are many many people serving time unjustly? I wonder if this includes the foreigners that have the 99 jail term sentence for a small amount of drugs, whether they knew it was there or not.

Once can get 18 months in jail for bludgeoning a 2 year old to death, but a foreigner gets life for recreational drugs, regardless of who chooses to use them. You cannot have justice without equality, and this country doesn't have a clue to what equality means.

I think it is a good idea. Chalerm should be commended for offering a clean slate to Abhisit and Suthep and I'd imagine the PAD as they are part of the political conflict. The best bit is with the slate wiped clean they can all start again from scratch - Yipeeee!

"I have never kept this idea (bring Thaksin home) a secret and publicly announced my plans during the election campaign." Chalerm

What is the reason for bringing Thaksin "home"? Is he going to make a lot of people rich?

This clean slate for Abhisit and Suthep is a joke. The country had to be protected from a terrorist attack with blatant public threats to burn down the country including the hospital where his majesty is recuperating.

"justice for everyone" is this Chalerm guy suggesting that there are many many people serving time unjustly? I wonder if this includes the foreigners that have the 99 jail term sentence for a small amount of drugs, whether they knew it was there or not.

Once can get 18 months in jail for bludgeoning a 2 year old to death, but a foreigner gets life for recreational drugs, regardless of who chooses to use them. You cannot have justice without equality, and this country doesn't have a clue to what equality means.

Chalerm has a real creepy way of how he sees justice. Justice for him is making sure his son can flee the country, intimidate witnesses, and make sure a killer walks away scott free. The BKK Post has an article where Chalerm feels that Thaksin may not get bail if he came back now. I can only wonder why he is not held accountable for aiding and abetting this fugitive. It doesn't really matter what the people want, it called the law, and again, he seems to be bastardizing it very well for his own self interests. A Deputy Prime Minister who refuses to follow the laws that are written and a Prime Minister who could care less if the laws are being followed. Shameful.

Any of these speak read or write English? Or maybe they live in an area where they're scared to speak out against him? I say this because no one with a hint of logic could possibly still support him. Period.

Perception Management actions swinging back into the game, yet again.

Trying to create a searchable ground swell of pro-Thaksin comments to make the press think he is loved and his legend is true. Makes no matter if they are real, or some are and some aren't, it's the total count of keywords that counts. Bring along the bandwagon jumpers and incrowd seekers, they all contribute unknowingly in many cases. Follow the leader because he appears forceful, and not a meme. This same thing happens every time Thaksin makes a big move in Thailand.

This time the attempt at 'bringing him back', while the country is looking else where, and manipulating someone who shouldn't be touched to try and do it. And so we get all sorts of barely used nicks, with short or none existant posting records, to make it look like heartfelt reality is backing the con-mans every word and deed, and coincidentally his dodgy historical distortions, as seen by 'allegedly reasonable people'. And of course a great mass of numbers are thrown around with zeal, regardless of factuality or believability.

But if you repeat the big lie long and loud enough with JUST enough details some more credulous individuals will believe it. The bigger the lie and the longer and louder the more will ignore reality and side with the meme in progress. Of course with the occasional troll, misanthropic narrow-mind and pedantic twit thrown in, to give support cover and a pattina of reality to the mix.

BARF!

About the only legitimate reaction to the whole obvious charade.

Thaksin can come back to Thailand any time he wants.

He could sail through his incarceration, living like a prince, bribed into palatial luxury, except for the occasional photo op in another cell. And emerge a 'friend of the people', 'one of them', having done his 'debt to society', and forgiven, etc.

But it appears he is too much of a whimp even for that. You can bet a damned hamster on an electronic treadmill, that he would NOT do this.

If he stopped being political, and going for revenge, they would likely leave him alone to finish his days in quiet splendor... but it seems he can't do that. likely too much ego damage already inflicted, seems he has to win now, all or nothing.

Edited by animatic

:thumbsup: Thats the big question, million dollar question.:clap2:

Perception Management actions swinging back into the game, yet again.

Trying to create a searchable ground swell of pro-Thaksin comments to make the press think he is loved and his legend is true. Makes no matter if they are real, or some are and some aren't, it's the total count of keywords that counts. Bring along the bandwagon jumpers and incrowd seekers, they all contribute unknowingly in many cases. Follow the leader because he appears forceful, and not a meme. This same thing happens every time Thaksin makes a big move in Thailand.

This time the attempt at 'bringing him back', while the country is looking else where, and manipulating someone who shouldn't be touched to try and do it. And so we get all sorts of barely used nicks, with short or none existant posting records, to make it look like heartfelt reality is backing the con-mans every word and deed, and coincidentally his dodgy historical distortions, as seen by 'allegedly reasonable people'. And of course a great mass of numbers are thrown around with zeal, regardless of factuality or believability.

But if you repeat the big lie long and loud enough with JUST enough details some more credulous individuals will believe it. The bigger the lie and the longer and louder the more will ignore reality and side with the meme in progress. Of course with the occasional troll, misanthropic narrow-mind and pedantic twit thrown in, to give support cover and a pattina of reality to the mix.

BARF!

About the only legitimate reaction to the whole obvious charade.

Thaksin can come back to Thailand any time he wants.

He could sail through his incarceration, living like a prince, bribed into palatial luxury, except for the occasional photo op in another cell. And emerge a 'friend of the people', 'one of them', having done his 'debt to society', and forgiven, etc.

But it appears he is too much of a whimp even for that. You can bet a damned hamster on an electronic treadmill, that he would NOT do this.

If he stopped being political, and going for revenge, they would likely leave him alone to finish his days in quiet splendor... but it seems he can't do that. likely too much ego damage already inflicted, seems he has to win now, all or nothing.

Your last 3 words............."all or nothing". Looks like with all the machinations going on behind the scenes, that he's already moving slowly along the road to perdition and nothing. The "all" he wants is unattainable, at least for that man it will be.

I never said he was my hero. All I say if the Government wants to bring him back and the Thai want him who are you to attack him.

Remember the Thai people like him

Not all Thai people like him. And so what if they do? A popular crook is still a crook. He's dividing the country and by wanting to help him back, they're just itching for another coup to take place.

"Not all Thai people like him" This is a very general statement.

Not all Thai people like Mark too, nor Sonthi, nor Sondhi, nor Preeyanuch (the actress), nor Mario (the actor), nor me, nor you, nor the greatest man in Thailand.

So what. We have have people who like us, and people who don't.

Even his ex-wife doesnt like him, she divorced him lol

Edited by waza

He believes that judging by the landslide victory of the Pheu Thai Party in the recent election, most Thais also support this while there is opposition only from those who stand to lose or were defeated in the last poll.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-22

footer_n.gif

I really do wish that they would drop this dead donkey of a statement.

1. They won 53% of the seats, the word 'landslide' or any other superlative used is grossly inaccurate.

2. 48% of the people who cast a vote voted for them, 52% voted for someone else therefore the majority of people voted against them.

3. 25% of the people who were eligible to vote didn't bother.

Addendum to number 2. Even though slightly less than a majority of Thais voted PTP it is naive to assume that all who voted that way want Khun T to be exonerated and return. Far more likely to be the minimum wage hike for all, the increase is salary for graduates, the free iPads and the pretty face.

Addendum to number 3. Why did 25% not vote? forget 'the dog ate my ID card' routine, peoples main reason for not going to the polling station is usually going to be one of two things, either, pointless as their guy is assured of victory, or pointless as their guy is assured of defeat.

I would suggest that the number of people in the second category far outweighs the number in the first, if anyone can prove to me otherwise, then, and only then, could you possibly say 'it's what most people want'

Why doesn't Chalerm put his money where his mouth is, ask the people what they want, have a referendum on the subject.

It will not happen of course as he dam well knows what the answer would be.

Also dont forget that 7.5% of all vates were invalid.

Edited by waza

What I really don't understand is that the PM says that she is doing nothing to help her brother come back whereas her deputy vows to keep fighting to bring him back.

What kind of leadership is that? "I'm not doing anything to bring him back but if my deputy does something, then that's up to him".

What I really don't understand is that the PM says that she is doing nothing to help her brother come back whereas her deputy vows to keep fighting to bring him back.

What kind of leadership is that? "I'm not doing anything to bring him back but if my deputy does something, then that's up to him".

It is "leadership" worthy of NO CONFIDENCE.

Right so, all the yellow shirts are Farang bar owners / customers too. I'll agree with what pimay11 said with a slight modification "...insulting the intelligence of every intelligent Thai person with half a brain and ability to see without the red glasses". Thaksin is a conniving, manipulative megalomaniac with a vengeance.

He believes that judging by the landslide victory of the Pheu Thai Party in the recent election, most Thais also support this while there is opposition only from those who stand to lose or were defeated in the last poll.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

1. They won 53% of the seats, the word 'landslide' or any other superlative used is grossly inaccurate.

2. 48% of the people who cast a vote voted for them, 52% voted for someone else therefore the majority of people voted against them.

Addendum to number 2. Even though slightly less than a majority of Thais voted PTP it is naive to assume that all who voted that way want Khun T to be exonerated and return. Far more likely to be the minimum wage hike for all, the increase is salary for graduates, the free iPads and the pretty face.

Addendum to number 3. Why did 25% not vote? forget 'the dog ate my ID card' routine, peoples main reason for not going to the polling station is usually going to be one of two things, either, pointless as their guy is assured of victory, or pointless as their guy is assured of defeat.

I would suggest that the number of people in the second category far outweighs the number in the first, if anyone can prove to me otherwise, then, and only then, could you possibly say 'it's what most people want'

Why doesn't Chalerm put his money where his mouth is, ask the people what they want, have a referendum on the subject.

You forgot to add in the 200B that people got paid to vote for his party. I know almost everyone in our village voted for his party only because they got paid.

It's quite possibly smoke, mirrors, bullshit, or a combination of all three.

I'll go for the combination but add a total disregard for anyone other than themselves.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

You forgot to add in the 200B that people got paid to vote for his party. I know almost everyone in our village voted for his party only because they got paid.

I didn't forget to factor that in.

Apparently they all do that so the story goes, the amount differs sometimes, but if they all do or they all don't the effect cancels itself out in this equation.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

Well put Thaddeus ...

At a guess, i reckon a lot of thais just jumped on the 'bandwagon' when they saw Yingluck was the appointed one ... many I asked said they voted for her , not taksin .....

well said........there seem to be many brown noses in the current government these day all want brownie points...

Justice for everyone? Including for cases of asset concealment (Remember the "honest mistake"?), which would have make someone unfit to serve as PM?

Yes, Khun Chalerm, "right timing is the key", which you so evidently messed up in the first round.

Thaksin doesn't need to be rescued, Thailand needs to be rescued from greed, corruption and addiction to power.

I actually think that's a great idea! A national referendum, simple yes or no, pardon Thaksin yes or no, binding for life. In other words, if NO, it's over. I don't believe PTP has the Thai-jones to try that. It would be extraordinary and probably not strictly constitutional, but the Thaksin problem is very extraordinary, and it could be a cathartic, final, democrat way to resolve this once and for all.

Edited by Jingthing

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

Well put Thaddeus ...

At a guess, i reckon a lot of thais just jumped on the 'bandwagon' when they saw Yingluck was the appointed one ... many I asked said they voted for her , not taksin .....

Thank you.

Do you know what, when I first moved here, I had hope in these people, I had hope in Thaksin, a man that stood for the good of the common people, he was already rich, he didn't need the money,he was doing it out of his love for them.

Seven years later I found out I was wrong.

How long will it take for some others to admit they were wrong too?

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

Well put Thaddeus ...

Thank you.

Do you know what, when I first moved here, I had hope in these people, I had hope in Thaksin, a man that stood for the good of the common people, he was already rich, he didn't need the money,he was doing it out of his love for them.

Seven years later I found out I was wrong.

How long will it take for some others to admit they were wrong too?

Exactly the same for me, and I suspect most farangs living here long time at the time. Nearly all those that I know of, thought at first, that thaksin would be good for the country & lots of hope abounded.

It didn't take long at all that doubt set in, with various accusations against thaksin from the very get go (asset concealments etc...) ... it wasn't long before the truth set in about who he was & what he was up to ... but, unfortunately many of the native population are in denial of the facts ... as Chuvit (the massage parlor guy) said, "thais generally don't accept the truth very easily - they choose to avoid it mostly" ... i agree with him too, as it explains a lot ...

Edited by buzz

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

All very good and salient points. :thumbsup:

Perhaps # 2 would make a great signature line as it seemingly needs to be reiterated so much.