Sikaflex Or Liquid Nails In That Hot Thai Sun

I am looking for a product that can take heat.

I am going to glue roofing panels together for added security to make it difficult for baddies to easily remove them for entry.

You don't get much hotter in Thailand than sitting on a roof all day !!!

Does anyone know if the various versions of Liquid Nails that are it he stores for 70b - 110b a tube that goes into a 'silicon gun' would survive or just crack up after a year?

That Sikaflex product, here it is covered in Japanese writing, but I presume it is the same stuff that is made in USA that is simply awesome stuff. I have used it to replace failed silicon before and after 5 years it was still soft and working the same as new. Issue, it is 225b a tube at Home Pro and I think I would need heaps of tubes !!!! Maybe just doing dabs or spots is the way to go to cut price down.

Any thoughts? jap.gif

Not sure of the size roof tile your talking about. But I would have thought liquid nails would cure before you got the tile down in the heat of the day. As you said, would it still be glued after a year! But then if someone really wanted to break into your home they will.

Seems like overkill to glue the tiles down that way especially if they are secured with nails or bolts depending on the style of tile.

We are talking those corrugated roof panels about 120cm X 50cm I think they are.

I agree 100% if they want to get in they will, geezz, a sledge hammer will make a hole in the wall in mins !!! You could prob connect a cable to the security bars and rip it out easily, but, the panels are fastened by pathetic little clips, effectively by far the easiest way in.

I am just trying to make it more difficult so baddies move onto next, or at least have to break panels to get in.

I am worried that Siicon that under compression is also a good glue (think fish tanks) and liquid nails will become hard and ineffective from the harsh hot conditions of living on the roof, but I am not really experienced with Liquid Nails under conditions like that. I am hoping some one else has experience !!!!

smile.gif

EDIT: I digressed, the thread on roof security is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/513979-roof-security-keeping-them-out/

This thread is about what chemical is easily available that will work to glue the panels together in the Thai Hot Sun.

Edited by haveaniceday