Proof Of Income Question, Regarding Marriage

I would expect that an official statement of your account would be available if required. Not sure what Embassy will require but you should also have same paperwork available if immigration asks to check also. There is no requirement for money to be in Thailand but they might ask to see some evidence that you can support your stay here during the extension process so a local account with transfer record or even ATM receipts might be in order, if asked.

Ok Thank you. Ill take the bank statements and see what happens

I will bet money they will say NO

Money in Thai bank with statements + letter from bank manager

or

Bank statements from foreign bank + letter from Embassy confirming income

Thats what im doing, Taking the bank statements to the Embassy first not the Immigration Dept.. Sorry if you misunderstood

or

Thats what im doing, Taking the bank statements to the Embassy first not the Immigration Dept.. Sorry if you misunderstood

If you have no income but only some capital , will that be accepted, if so how much ?

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

The requirement is 400k in Thai bank account for 2 months. Capital outside Thailand is not acceptable; only income.

They require original bank statement or copy will do ?

Will they check this with the ban ?

You have to show the original bankbook of your account in thailand. plus a letter from the bank confirming the bankbook.

Sorry i forgot to say that i dont have any proof of my salary here in Thailand.. Just bank statements showing my Army pension that goes into my bank.. Will this be accepted at the british Embassy.?

Canadian Enbassy requires a photocopy of at least one months deposits going into account, and you take an oath that this is monthe income. You could call your embassy and ask is one months proof enough, surely copies of 6 months of deposits would be sufficient. Immigration will want to see this photocopy along with letter.

Should be no probs with British Embassy for income letter if you receive British Military pension. I do it every year for combined income for annual retirement extension. Used to go down in person but now through the mail. If you pay income tax on your pension you will receive your P60 form from Xafinity Paymaster,show that. I recently met up with an ex Matelot up here and he told me he did not pay tax on his pension as his annual pension was less than his personal tax allowance, he still had mail every year from Paymaster telling him what annual/monthly pension amount due.

For the US embassy it used to be you walk in and fill out the affidavit form stating your monthly income and pay the fee for notarization and then swear it's true and they stamp/sign it. I did that a year ago for my extension to stay based on marriage. I plan on doing the same again in 4 months for my next extension to stay. The US embassy did not require any evidence on my part other than my sworn statement.

I have heard rumors that this procedure might have changed. Does anyone have any current experience on this that can confirm or deny that anything has changed in the way they process the affidavit of income?

Much appreciated.

I did mine on the 19th of October, nothing's changed. They do say that you have to now have an appointment and have removed the queing number machine. I had an appointment, but they were processing walk-ins as usual. The rumor about proof is still there but the lady behind the window didn;t know anything about it when I asked her.

For the US embassy it used to be you walk in and fill out the affidavit form stating your monthly income and pay the fee for notarization and then swear it's true and they stamp/sign it. I did that a year ago for my extension to stay based on marriage. I plan on doing the same again in 4 months for my next extension to stay. The US embassy did not require any evidence on my part other than my sworn statement.

I have heard rumors that this procedure might have changed. Does anyone have any current experience on this that can confirm or deny that anything has changed in the way they process the affidavit of income?

Much appreciated.

Edited by wayned

or

can the former be in a joint account with my wife?

I did mine on the 19th of October, nothing's changed. They do say that you have to now have an appointment and have removed the queing number machine. I had an appointment, but they were processing walk-ins as usual. The rumor about proof is still there but the lady behind the window didn;t know anything about it when I asked her.

Much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am glad to hear that things have not changed (other than maybe needing an appointment which I kinda like). I have to go get my affidavit in Feb 2012 along with register the birth of my 2nd child so I'm hoping that things remain the same till then.

I do appreciate any updates from US embassy experiences that might show that things have changed. I will keep monitoring this thread. Of course if I find in my experience that things have changed I will come here and post the changes as well.

You may need proof of income at immigration.

It's not clear who you are replying to but the affidavit from the US embassy serves as "proof of income" to the thai immigration department when you go in for your extension.

I think that what he is saying is that even though you do not currently need any proof of income to get the "Income Affidavit" from the US Embassy, It has been recently reported that Thai immigration , at some offices and at their legal discretion, has requested that,in addition to the letter from the embassy, the applicant also provide supporting documentation. The most recent that I remember was someone from New Zealand and I think that it was at Suan Plu. So it's best to have supporting documentation with you even though its not required by the embassy.

You may need proof of income at immigration.

It's not clear who you are replying to but the affidavit from the US embassy serves as "proof of income" to the thai immigration department when you go in for your extension.

or

NO

If your income is from outside Thailand you will need to prove it, I had to take original pay statements to the Department of Foreign Affairs and have them translated and certified, I also needed a letter from the bank where I have my account in Thailand written in Thai along with a printed bank statement.

If your income is from outside Thailand you will need to prove it, I had to take original pay statements to the Department of Foreign Affairs and have them translated and certified, I also needed a letter from the bank where I have my account in Thailand written in Thai along with a printed bank statement.

I did my extension based on marriage in the Jomtien office about 10 months ago and all I needed was the affidavit from the US embassy as far as income was concerned. No bank statements or pay stubs. To be clear, all my income comes from outside of Thailand and it's not any sort of government pension or anything like that.

Ths British Embassy, on Wireless Rd same as the US Embassy, has recently stated that they are only seeing people by appointment. This is due to the floods, lack of staff etc, and should revert to normal when the flood crisis is over. Perhaps this is the reason the US Embassy has changed to an appointment only system?

Much appreciated.

or

NO

I think you will find you can use a joint bank account to support a marriage visa extension,

provided, of course, that the account is in the names of you and your thai wife.

Ths British Embassy, on Wireless Rd same as the US Embassy, has recently stated that they are only seeing people by appointment. This is due to the floods, lack of staff etc, and should revert to normal when the flood crisis is over. Perhaps this is the reason the US Embassy has changed to an appointment only system?

No the US has been using appointment for the last several years and just made it mandatory but during the flooding has allowed easy access without the need for appointment as almost impossible to know when you can get there with transportation/access disrupted.