Accident On Canal Road

Tywais

On the way to work to the uni going North on the Canal road came across what seemed like a hundred cars parked on the side of the road. Also between 6-8 large orange power company trucks. Assumed they were just doing some kind of work but would be a pretty big team.

Towards the end of the line of cars/trucks saw what appeared to be a Yaris with the front end smashed nearly all the way in to the drivers compartment. Didn't see another car but was too busy concentration of the other traffic going through the narrowed section. Perhaps clipped a power line.

The majority of the time when I see a white Yaris or similar they are driving like they were at the Indy 500 speedway. Previously it was the little Mira's that seem to drive that way. Don't quite understand the mentality of drivers of these tiny cars and their driving habits. :unsure:

Guess it could just be the one Yaris I see all the time. ;)

I probably went by the same place after you did . The wrecked car was gone by them . The trucks and other cars parked along the road were there for the what I guessed would be the opening of the two power stations at that location . They had a tent and chairs set up when I went by about 9 am .... I too have seen some bad crashes on canal road usually in the fast lane and usually motor bike vrs car or truck . Moto is stay left go slow and pray alot ....Oh yea and always wear a helmet ....

Moto is stay left go slow and pray alot ....Oh yea and always wear a helmet ....

I do the opposite. Like riding a bike in a city - take your place, be assertive and be seen. Then just expect everybody else to be blind and out to kill you.

The trucks and other cars parked along the road were there for the what I guessed would be the opening of the two power stations at that location . They had a tent and chairs set up when I went by about 9 am

That makes more sense than a queue of cars that long looking at the carnage. That spot was pretty bad in that they had markers from the electric company trucks part way onto the roadway and also all those parked encroaching close to the edge of the roadway. Traffic flies through that part and probably caught someone off guard. The damaged car was right near the end of the parked vehicles.

It can be pretty amazing when and where they put up tents/chair for the ceremonies that they indulge in. Many times those attending park on the roadway as there was no provision for parking in the plans. I have noticed the traffic on the Canal road seems to have increased. It may be that additional businesses are opened, thus more parking and subsequently more gawkers to see what is going on. A recipe for accidents.