Hooking Up With Some Intelligent Guys

Jotun

I think the OP should bring a mirror, he's obviously so self obsessed that only his own company would truly satisfy him.

Failing that he should maybe join a "Self Awareness" class.

I see he's started calling himself Benny (and presumably also wearing a bobbly woollen hat) to make him look like one of us

My apologies - I couldn't be bothered trawling for a more apt clip

SC

To answer the OP's last wall of text:

Recent accomplishments: Smokie and I have failed to turn up to two tremendous piss-ups, which is just as well as we would have gone to the wrong place.

Neither of us has been to Diggers for years.

We've kept up a tedious duologue throughout the season on the Live Rugby League forum, without interruption from another poster right to the end of the Superleague season

I doubt you'll find anyone with a more modest set of achievements

SC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. Thirty four year old Norwegian staying in BKK for some months working on a new book. Daytime i will be working, but would be nice to hook up with someone to party with in the evenings. Its easy finding good company in Thailand, but difficult to find some reasonably intelligent and resourceful guys. Mostly you just waste your time with vulgar and stupid tourists. Hope I dont sound arrogant, but im sure you know what I mean. Been in BKK three times before. Arriving 3rd of december. Living near the Suk. Any takers? :)

Ben

I got one for you,hope you don't mind he's a german.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/184540-looking-for-some-intellectual-people-in-pattaya/page__view__findpost__p__1936807

Seems like SC is highly intelligent indeed. You totally busted my attempt to blend in with the dumbed down Benny-thing:) Your resumé seems excellent. Especially the Rugby-forum thread seems like an extraordinary achievement. Kudos. You clearly qualify. But do I? I dont like watcing Rugby (or any other sports). Did a lot of rock-climbing some years ago, but in general i like doing sports, not watching. Also, i prefer going to QBar i stead of sitting in brown hole chucking beer all evening. PJ: Thanks for the chamber of commerce tip:) TheBlether: Did not mean to offend you.

I would be happy to meet you so long as your not one of those dreadful people that turns up in flip flops and a vest.

What about " top brand Armani T-shirt, nice shorts with crease on front (and back and sides sometimes) and have good quality flippy-floppy"?

Perhaps this fellow could be an invited member; some kind of member, anyway

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4865574

SC

I shouldn't laugh; I meet up with some acquaintances on a Thursday night for some allegedly intellectual conversation - the depths of their intellect can be assessed by the company they keep. Probably not convenient for you if you live on Sukhumvit, and they're all Indians...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Janverbeem: The German guy sounds like a trip. Differences: He´s looking for intellectuals, im looking for intelligent. I get enough intellectuals where i live. He likes to sit and watch and read. I want to go partying and whoring when i get off work:) He is in his fifties, im in my thirties. But thanks for the effort.

Janverbeem: The German guy sounds like a trip. Differences: He´s looking for intellectuals, im looking for intelligent. I get enough intellectuals where i live. He likes to sit and watch and read. I want to go partying and whoring when i get off work:) He is in his fifties, im in my thirties. But thanks for the effort.

Maybe you'd care to join us in Carrefour Food Court for a couple of 140 Bht jugs, and we can take it from there... Mind, you might be a bit youthful and over-enthusiastic - I think youre younger than me and Smokie put together

(someones bound to agree, sooner or later)

SC

Seems like SC is highly intelligent indeed. You totally busted my attempt to blend in with the dumbed down Benny-thing:) Your resumé seems excellent. Especially the Rugby-forum thread seems like an extraordinary achievement. Kudos. You clearly qualify. But do I? I dont like watcing Rugby (or any other sports). Did a lot of rock-climbing some years ago, but in general i like doing sports, not watching. Also, i prefer going to QBar i stead of sitting in brown hole chucking beer all evening. PJ: Thanks for the chamber of commerce tip:) TheBlether: Did not mean to offend you.

I'm not offended, I'm just noising you up :D

If you want an intelligent conversation about oil, then I am in.

What is the book about?

hey, would love to talk about oil. Surely you know Norway is an oil-nation? This time its non-fiction. A critical investigation of cultural marxism in contemporary Skandinavia... bla bla..

Interesting to note that Jotun, apart from being a popular brand of paint (a Jotun has the intelligence to enjoy watching paint dry) A Jotun is also a Nordic mythical creature, a kind of troll, of limited intelligence. This is what wiki has to say on the subject...

The Jotun are large bumbling creatures with deformed-looking faces that are commonly encountered in the Far Shiverpeaks and the Depths of Tyria. They are also seen in the Verdant Cascades west of the Far Shiverpeaks. Wielding only the most rustic of weapons and dressed in crude loincloth, they do not seem possessed of much intelligence as the few who speak have poor grammar, much like the Yeti.

Ho hum.

Interesting to note that Jotun, apart from being a popular brand of paint (a Jotun has the intelligence to enjoy watching paint dry) A Jotun is also a Nordic mythical creature, a kind of troll, of limited intelligence. This is what wiki has to say on the subject...

The Jotun are large bumbling creatures with deformed-looking faces that are commonly encountered in the Far Shiverpeaks and the Depths of Tyria. They are also seen in the Verdant Cascades west of the Far Shiverpeaks. Wielding only the most rustic of weapons and dressed in crude loincloth, they do not seem possessed of much intelligence as the few who speak have poor grammar, much like the Yeti.

Ho hum.

I must have the other wikipedia

"Yet when jötnar are named and more closely described, they are often given the opposite characteristics. Very old, they carry wisdom from bygone times."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6tunn

Does seem like a top troll, though... one of the best. As with most troll threads, I would recommend a skinful at Carrefour food court in the early evening...

SC

I would be happy to meet you so long as your not one of those dreadful people that turns up in flip flops and a vest.

Where do you ususally go out?

I tend to enjoy a nice evening at some good restaurant where a glass of plonk or two is very welcome However it is becoming more difficult finding somewhere where the rest of the patrons are not either playing with their iPhones or iPads both of which should be banned in any good restaurant. Why on earth people go out to a nice restaurant with pleasant company and then spend the evening communicating with these devices is beyond me.

Certainly a tough crowd:) And some interesting comments, of course in addition to almost all of you pointing out that you are intelligent. Clearly it was a wrong approach with the the intelligence thing, as it has triggered all your insecurities. Im alienating myself. Sorry for that. Let me start over. Please, dont worry, im not abnormally intelligent, probably just about average (but as far as I can see, not among BKK-tourists). Guess the "Hope i don´t sound arrogant, but I´m sure you know what I mean" did´nt work out":), (OK, maybe i deserved it) Warp Speed: Are Norwegians known to be cheap? Sound like you have som interesting stories? Please share! Hooters: I did the Tuk-tuk and the watch-thing. The indians didnt manage to <Snip!> me over because they dont respect personal space. Turns me off. But I DID get a bunch of suits at one occasion:) Does that count? Or have i forever <Snip!> up my plan to live cheap off BKK expats this time around? Street Cowboy: Seems like you and your squire, "Smokie" are eligble candidates. Can you please give me a quick resumé of your recent accomplishments, and if you have done a test, your IQ-score? Everything above 110 will do, and no, it is not OK adding points with Smokie. Thats cheating.

Benny:)

SC + Smokie = nope, still doesn't make the 110 qualifying grade :D

We'd need the rest of the team, but since we're choosing on the basis of IQ, we'll need to leave you on the bench for the kick-off. THink of yourself as "an impact player", if you like...

SC

Certainly a tough crowd:) And some interesting comments, of course in addition to almost all of you pointing out that you are intelligent. Clearly it was a wrong approach with the the intelligence thing, as it has triggered all your insecurities. Im alienating myself. Sorry for that. Let me start over. Please, dont worry, im not abnormally intelligent, probably just about average (but as far as I can see, not among BKK-tourists). Guess the "Hope i don´t sound arrogant, but I´m sure you know what I mean" did´nt work out":), (OK, maybe i deserved it) Warp Speed: Are Norwegians known to be cheap? Sound like you have som interesting stories? Please share! Hooters: I did the Tuk-tuk and the watch-thing. The indians didnt manage to <Snip!> me over because they dont respect personal space. Turns me off. But I DID get a bunch of suits at one occasion:) Does that count? Or have i forever <Snip!> up my plan to live cheap off BKK expats this time around? Street Cowboy: Seems like you and your squire, "Smokie" are eligble candidates. Can you please give me a quick resumé of your recent accomplishments, and if you have done a test, your IQ-score? Everything above 110 will do, and no, it is not OK adding points with Smokie. Thats cheating.

Benny:)

SC + Smokie = nope, still doesn't make the 110 qualifying grade :D

We'd need the rest of the team, but since we're choosing on the basis of IQ, we'll need to leave you on the bench for the kick-off. THink of yourself as "an impact player", if you like...

SC

You mean like David Fairclough? Or Ole Gunner Solskjaer? that'll do, I've always wanted to be a super sub.

Edited because I'm an idiot and I put my response in the wrong place, which kind of proves Streetcowboys point

Edited by theblether

Bing bong it's big Ben, working in Thailand, warming his chilly willy, moving n grooving at the high IQBar, but will you bring your hot younger/older sister with the cold blue eyes, eyes that melt the ice? Say, do you engage in martial arts, Karate? Kung Foo? Judo? Suduko? or is your pen mightier then any sword? If you write it, it comes true - so they say. Would you care to share, what's your book aboot?

Shokdee

Edited by MiG16
removed non English text - MiG16

The place is a bit pricey, i guess. I think, mostly a place for professionals (not the girls, i mean)

You'd be more likely to meet "professional" expats on Soi 11 at Cheap Charlies between 5 and 7pm!

Edit: For sexpats a whole different ball game...

Edited by smokie36