Downtown Swimming Pools

koiwaolao

I am moving from the Dark Side to Downtown - 3rd Road area. Before I enjoyed very much Le Piscine on Khao Noi as well as my own pool for a while. Now I am at a loss where to have a pleasant regular swim. I know this subject has been discussed before but I am really looking for UPDATED inputs, ie no Mikes Mall etcetc. First price would be something like LK Legend but they dont allow outsiders anymore, even if payment offered.

What about all the new developments around Avenue, ie Citi Garden, Nova/Centara etcetc? Maybe I have to buy a 20 sqm Mickey Mouse Condo to have access to the facilities :lol:

I am also aware of pools at the "Village" as well as a restaurant owned pool in Soi Bongkot - both dont fit the bill!

"I am also aware of pools at the "Village" as well as a restaurant owned pool in Soi Bongkot - both dont fit the bill!"

I don't know either of those pools but why don't they fit the bill? Without knowing this it's hard to recommend pools.

How much are you happy to pay?

How far are you prepared to travel?

The last time I looked into this (2 years ago), quite a lot of hotels in central Pattaya would let you use their pool for a fee. Hard Rock was about 500 baht if I remember. Hotel Vista (on Beach Road, Soi 4) was 200 baht or so if you went regularly.

Tony's gym on 3rd Road have a pleasant enough looking pool.

Not sure could be wrong ? But View Talay 1 Condo has a sign saying visitors pay 100 baht to swim...Its a a fairly big pool,

I only go there to get a Pizza occasionally from the shop in Building B....and saw the sign at the pool.

Not sure if it means residents who take guests there have to pay a fee ? Maybe a TV member that lives there can enlighten you...

10th floor of Mike Shopping. great parking, elevator up. i go up to Mike once a month and have actually been up to the pool floor 3 times in the past month (for photography). it's clean and never busy up there. 80bt for punks, 100bt for punters.

The OP already knows about Mike Swimming Pool and says "no Mikes Mall etcetc".

Is it now 100 baht for adults? It was 80 the last time I went (well over a year ago). Yes, it's a good place to know about. Great view.

"I am also aware of pools at the "Village" as well as a restaurant owned pool in Soi Bongkot - both dont fit the bill!"

I don't know either of those pools but why don't they fit the bill? Without knowing this it's hard to recommend pools.

How much are you happy to pay?

How far are you prepared to travel?

The last time I looked into this (2 years ago), quite a lot of hotels in central Pattaya would let you use their pool for a fee. Hard Rock was about 500 baht if I remember. Hotel Vista (on Beach Road, Soi 4) was 200 baht or so if you went regularly.

Tony's gym on 3rd Road have a pleasant enough looking pool.

Thank you for your input! The two pools at Village and Soi Bongkot are not very big, not well kept and have poor surroundings. Hard Rock would be a nice one but 500 is quite stiff. Maybe I will ask for monthly fee?

I dont know Vista but will check it out.

Tony-s is also a good tip but maybe one has to join the health club?

Cheers!

Tony-s is also a good tip but maybe one has to join the health club?

I checked it out recently. I don't think you have to join. I think they quoted me around 150 baht for a swim. However, it sounds like you're looking for somewhere for exercise swimming and you may find it a bit small.

I haven't checked the Thai Garden Resort out, but it looks hopeful...

http://www.sawadee.c...aya/thaigarden/

The Blind Man Massage place has a decent pool.

Nakula soi not sure 1st soi on left after Dolphin roundabout.

150B I think including sauna steam and exercise room nice relaxed place usually not too busy decent cheap Thai food.

Edited by kevkev1888